Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Bring Back Quilins

47 minutes ago, Demon9845 said:

Everything you have said was retarded. If you want something added back you should probably elaborate more on why you want it added back in the initial post.

How and why?  You can’t site specific reasons as to why not to.  You’re like a liberal.  Calling me names because you lack the mental capacity to form intelligent, non-biased opinions that are not “band wagon” in nature. 

1 hour ago, Dargen said:

Super ez to rip ppl out of them and if there pushing in hatchback that’s there own problem. 

The server performance did take a hit because of the massive number of them on cap. And when people did fight cartels it became an issue. Personally I like it without them because you see more frits/strider/hunters. However there’s still the good ol hatchback push for the plebeians. 

You can’t prove that it did take a hit.  Unless there’s some sort of imperical data the admins can make magically appear from back then that proves otherwise.  

I personally like the hunters.  Glad they added them but I miss the runs in Quilins.  

1 hour ago, Unjo said:

Fairly sure quillins were removed before betting came in

Negative.  Betting has been around for ever.  I believe they took quilins out around the end of summer.  

Edited by Iron J
28 minutes ago, Iron J said:

How and why?  You can’t site specific reasons as to why not to.  You’re like a liberal.  Calling me names because you lack the mental capacity to form intelligent, non-biased opinions that are not “band wagon” in nature. 

You can’t prove that it did take a hit.  Unless there’s some sort of imperical data the admins can make magically appear from back then that proves otherwise.  

I personally like the hunters.  Glad they added them but I miss the runs in Quilins.  

Negative.  Betting has been around for ever.  I believe they took quilins out around the end of summer.  

Betting has been around since about april from what I can find. When they first came out if I remember correctly the was no cooldown or if there was it was very, very short compared to the 3 minutes we have nowadays. I don't really know why the betting lags the server, honestly if the betting secure became as bug (dupe) free as it could be, I would say increase the limit so people go broke faster, therefore decreasing the amount of bets. 

38 minutes ago, Iron J said:

There’s no need for proof it was pretty obvious. And I’m sure you do miss quilin runs but doing orca runs are 100% better and safer. Upgraded 190+ space moves faster, you can co-pilot spool the heli so cop/Civs show up you can unlock get in and fly away. Using an orca will always be better than a quilin hands down faster,safer,more efficient. There few downsides. Also no performance hits. Lol

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, Iron J said:

There were only a handful of guys that could do that and they were, at the time, considered cheaters.

retarded

6 hours ago, Iron J said:

Why’d they even remove them?  And don’t give me the “they’re op” crap.

retarded.

Then you also have the ones where all you said was "stfu" and "Why should I?" 

I'm telling you how to improve your post and make it so admins may actually agree with you, and i'm not the only one telling you this.

Just my 2 cents but it was a half baked idea that was rammed through by a loud minority and a server owner that didn't care what most civs wanted, it caused more harm than good and I haven't seen my performance go up or down since they were removed.

When it was put through we were told if it didn't work out they could be easily re-added and this was a panacea for the issues cartel players were facing, it didn't work and cartels are still dying. I think we should bring them back for 1 month like it was and actually conduct a study with the civ reps assessing how it affects their different specialties, if the good of bringing them back outweighs the harms I say fuck the cartel players and make a decision that benefits the majority.

Cartels keep getting buffed and events but they haven't gone back to what they used to be, the community isn't as interested as they were and they should go back to being treated like any other civ activity instead of having the most power in the administration and civ council.

• Like 1

I have not noticed any performance differences since they were removed.

People still hardly fight cartels

They are not "op" you just cant fucking aim

I'm always poor cause I have to buy expensive vehicles just to drive around without having to worry about getting sprayed out all the time. 

Most all other cars drive like shit. Break alot, and you'll lose half your health on the way to were your going. 

Bring back prowlers and quilans 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Demon9845 said:

retarded

retarded.

Then you also have the ones where all you said was "stfu" and "Why should I?" 

I'm telling you how to improve your post and make it so admins may actually agree with you, and i'm not the only one telling you this.

You seriously need medication.  

16 hours ago, Cousin Cletus said:

I have not noticed any performance differences since they were removed.

People still hardly fight cartels

They are not "op" you just cant fucking aim

I'm always poor cause I have to buy expensive vehicles just to drive around without having to worry about getting sprayed out all the time. 

Most all other cars drive like shit. Break alot, and you'll lose half your health on the way to were your going. 

Bring back prowlers and quilans 

Truth!  I used to get shot out all the damn time.  Far from invincible.  

16 hours ago, sploding said:

Just my 2 cents but it was a half baked idea that was rammed through by a loud minority and a server owner that didn't care what most civs wanted, it caused more harm than good and I haven't seen my performance go up or down since they were removed.

When it was put through we were told if it didn't work out they could be easily re-added and this was a panacea for the issues cartel players were facing, it didn't work and cartels are still dying. I think we should bring them back for 1 month like it was and actually conduct a study with the civ reps assessing how it affects their different specialties, if the good of bringing them back outweighs the harms I say fuck the cartel players and make a decision that benefits the majority.

Cartels keep getting buffed and events but they haven't gone back to what they used to be, the community isn't as interested as they were and they should go back to being treated like any other civ activity instead of having the most power in the administration and civ council.

Exactly.  I was around when they had the vote and it was that “loud minority” that got that pushed thru.  

People still don’t care about cartels.  And for those that do they can use Ifrits.  

Speaking of Ifrits, by the same logic abolishing Qilins shouldn’t they also be removed?  Serious question. 

I suppose it doesn’t matter much at this point.  Just wanted a serious debate to see where the community stood. 

Edited by Iron J
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1