House Raiding Debate

The nametag system on this server is kind of a problem. We have gangs but very little way to identify yourself, I'm not saying Serious RP is the answer but the amount of problems that arise from these fucking nametag's is surreal.. there just has to be a better way. Maybe change certain render distances for name tags of certain roles like Vigilante and Cops? Based on the cops information (your name), (your bounty)- I don't see why he cant search your house. If he didn't know you ran out the other side I see your arguement, and 8 mill of drugs is a lot- I just don't see any fix to that. I find it kind of annoying how shit cops can be, but I feel like instead of people wanting to change the system they just want the server to go from Cops vs. Robbers to just Robbers.. which really would be boring as a motherfucker. 

6 hours ago, YayObamacare said:

Heres my 2 cents :

House raiding is too op and gives SAPD the ability to potentially destroy a civs in game career over something as stupid as opening a door at the wrong time while being stalked by a sarge. There should be a limit of some kind implemented so that you cant go losing 30 mil worth of gear because you had a 30k bounty and you opened your door while a cop was watching. Maybe if they made it so that they cant take absolutely everything, just some of the stuff. just my opinion on the matter

doesnt even have to be a sarg just has to be a PO or Deputy camping you as far as i understand it

4 hours ago, Aether said:

You can't search or seize without identifying them first.

False

2 hours ago, karma said:

doesnt even have to be a sarg just has to be a PO or Deputy camping you as far as i understand it

Senior has to be on the server when probable cause is given though

• Love 1
7 hours ago, 10asstitty said:

The nametag system on this server is kind of a problem. We have gangs but very little way to identify yourself, I'm not saying Serious RP is the answer but the amount of problems that arise from these fucking nametag's is surreal.. there just has to be a better way. Maybe change certain render distances for name tags of certain roles like Vigilante and Cops? Based on the cops information (your name), (your bounty)- I don't see why he cant search your house. If he didn't know you ran out the other side I see your arguement, and 8 mill of drugs is a lot- I just don't see any fix to that. I find it kind of annoying how shit cops can be, but I feel like instead of people wanting to change the system they just want the server to go from Cops vs. Robbers to just Robbers.. which really would be boring as a motherfucker. 

There’s a difference between removing a whole faction and then noticing where there’s flaws in some of their systems. Fixing this isn’t just going to make it robbers it’ll keep it cops vs robbers. Cops just have rules to follow. So do robbers though.

I mean to put it in perspective I put stuff in my gang shed then went to gather and got a message by a sergeant saying he was searching it and he showed me the evidence. But in the evidence he didn’t get a name and the person who was in the evidence at the shed was my friend not even me. So for all he knows my friend could’ve not been wanted or etc. and I mean the sergeant was literally in a plane engine off flying over the city waiting to see someone interact with a house. If that isn’t to OP then you guys are high.

Edited by Google
  • Like 2

Damn should have waited till it was worth 10 not 8. But in all seriousness these rules are in place so you can’t have the easiest runs of your life. And if you don’t want it searched don’t be wanted and don’t have a illegal gun, lol. And just a recommendation if I was you I wouldn’t store more Than 10 mil in it in the future because a person like you will inevitably get it searched again. ;)

• Downvote 3
5 minutes ago, Panda :) said:

Damn should have waited till it was worth 10 not 8. But in all seriousness these rules are in place so you can’t have the easiest runs of your life. And if you don’t want it searched don’t be wanted and don’t have a illegal gun, lol. And just a recommendation if I was you I wouldn’t store more Than 10 mil in it in the future because a person like you will inevitably get it searched again. ;)

Runs are already hard enough with cops flying around in an orca checking the places 24/7.

3 minutes ago, Google said:

Runs are already hard enough with cops flying around in an orca checking the places 24/7.

Well it’s pointless for the cops when you do it out of a house because they can’t catch you. Idk about other cops but I have got on cop and literally check all of the red ones 3 times over in a plane and not caught anyone.

1 hour ago, Panda :) said:

Well it’s pointless for the cops when you do it out of a house because they can’t catch you. Idk about other cops but I have got on cop and literally check all of the red ones 3 times over in a plane and not caught anyone.

No one is saying you can’t search them ever but there definitely has to be more limitations such as actively being engaged or only being able to raid it if they’re caught at it in the moment etc.

Edited by Google
  • Like 2
27 minutes ago, Google said:

No one is saying you can’t search them ever but there definitely has to be more limitations such as actively being engaged or only being able to raid it if they’re caught at it in the moment etc.

This is exactly what we’re saying.  The current rules permit searches far too freely.  There needs to be some change to the rule.  We’re not saying that searches should never be allowed.  But they need to be warranted.  

1 hour ago, RDyer216 said:

This is exactly what we’re saying.  The current rules permit searches far too freely.  There needs to be some change to the rule.  We’re not saying that searches should never be allowed.  But they need to be warranted.  

1 hour ago, Google said:

So basically what you are getting at that you have to be in a active pursuit with the player and then see them interact there is no way that if you change it that I can think of where it would be balanced. All you have to do for not for it to get searched don’t interact with a illegal weapon shoot from or interacting with a bounty that warrants pc it’s real easy not to do that over 2k hours on civ never had a house searched. We people that are too lazy and wanted everything easier for them if you can come up with something that make it balanced for both come at me but don’t just complain that it needs to have more limitiations and more balance when you aren’t throwing any RATIONAL ideas.

Yeah my grammar is aids auto correct

19 hours ago, |REAL| Boing said:

If a cop saw this, he would be calling backup and dealing with it immediately. Not wait for the person to leave to then search the house and not attempt to apprehend the person commiting the crime. Id be fine with my house being searched if the cops saw me storing a tempest of drugs, attempted to stop me, and I slaughtered the cops and left after storing the drugs. The problem lies with cops having a "house map" and camping houses, not intending to actually catch anyone and take them in, but just watching so they can wait for someone to leave and take the drugs the easy way while avoiding any RP or conflict.

Also the problem lies in the fact that if someone simply walks into a house it can be searched, regardless of any other factors, their house or not. This is horrible for scats, which is a huge portion of the community

I have to say right now in all my time of playing 

I've never seen anything close to a house map that I have encountered while on APD. And the fact of the matter is that cops don't camp houses. 

Edited by Dark_
  • Hmm 1
  • Downvote 3

The worst thing is, right now cops arent required to show proof that they had probable cause to search a house, which makes no sense, and will 100% lead to rule breaking. I submit a support ticket asking to see why I was raided, and what do you know, I'm told they dont have to prove they had any PC. Whats stopping cops from raiding random houses with no PC and not getting punishment?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, YayObamacare said:

The worst thing is, right now cops arent required to show proof that they had probable cause to search a house, which makes no sense, and will 100% lead to rule breaking. I submit a support ticket asking to see why I was raided, and what do you know, I'm told they dont have to prove they had any PC. Whats stopping cops from raiding random houses with no PC and not getting punishment?

A report showing they didn’t interact with the house in the past 45 mins? and that is the least of my concerns or anyone’s for that matter because I don’t think a senior that probably took over a year to get their position would waste it on a house search and the even if they would the money would most definitely get ripped from their account.

• Downvote 2
1 hour ago, YayObamacare said:

I really don’t see this happening at all, the only times I’ve ever been with a higher up who is raiding houses the always ask for evidence of them interacting, making sure they can see their name above them and if they evidence is just barely not good enough then they’ll not raid it from my experiences 

1 hour ago, Dark_ said:

I have to say right now in all my time of playing 

I've never seen anything close to a house map that I have encountered while on APD. And the fact of the matter is that cops don't camp houses. 

Just because you’re not seeing it, doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist.

unknown.png

utyRbtV.png

yo i love it when i open my door with a 15k bounty and lose 15 mill worth shit or access my gang shed with an akm and lose 21 mill of moonshine i was working on all day just because sho has no life @Sho like this

https://gyazo.com/11ec86206b8631dc5496588e71a0f5ba 

https://gyazo.com/2e07d792b2a90536989616a0cfc9d197

https://gyazo.com/f50936d8763721bbc80905e766186c4f

Edit:niggas really after us

Edited by Mk-1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Kreygasm 2
4 minutes ago, Mk-1 said:

yo i love it when i open my door with a 15k bounty and lose 15 mill worth shit or access my gang shed with an akm and lose 21 mill of moonshine i was working on all day just because sho has no life @Sho like this https://gyazo.com/11ec86206b8631dc5496588e71a0f5ba 

Shit like this is the problem, where you have sergeants camping houses and sheds from a distance with rangefinders for hours waiting for someone to interact.

35 minutes ago, Mk-1 said:

yo i love it when i open my door with a 15k bounty and lose 15 mill worth shit

I don’t even care anymore but this exact same shit happened to me a couple months ago to pledge and hawk sitting infront of my house for 2 hours

• Like 2

I think that the part of runs that are more broken is the consistent raiding of red zones by cops.

Houses are basically an end point. Once items are in the house then unless you got keys to the house there is no access into the house. Search warrants by Senior APD are the only way to combat the massive storage sizes. 

This is why it is so easy for Senior APD to raid a house on a civilian that isn’t cautious. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Panda :) said:

have you concidered that is why we run out of a house