Yeah, wasnt the bank last months donation goal? And the goal was met in literally two days...? And now its...April 18 and still ive heard no staff speak of a update, or hotfix. Sad life.

• Like 2
  • Hmm 1
16 minutes ago, Monkass said:

It will probably take like 4 months because they are not very fast 

i just want new things :(

Just now, Nex is the name said:

Yeah, wasnt the bank last months donation goal? And the goal was met in literally two days...? And now its...April 18 and still ive heard no staff speak of a update, or hotfix. Sad life.

yeap and its not my intent to put staff on blast bec i dont wanna get banned cause i make them mad aenough but i seriously dont know why they would promise it in a donation goal and have it be soooooo late

• Admin

rex has talked about it in several posts. He confirmed that the update should be coming in the next week or two. However, the bank will not be in it.

2 hours ago, Nex is the name said:

Same, im drained from olympus at this point Cant even remember the last actual update. :thinking-face_1f914:

I think everyone is drained its just a matter of who's addicted and who has a life.

2 minutes ago, Hisoka said:

I think everyone is drained its just a matter of who's addicted and who has a life.

Im pretty addicted, but when nothing is getting added. Running oil and meth with the promise of a BANK coming soon? thats been the only thing ive been pushing my whole olympus career

We are trying our best okay?

But seriously it’s not the easiest to remain caught up with 5 elaborate donation goals in a row (mind you developers aren’t the ones to usually come up with it - we just get told to do it) and have a very active civilian council plus have senior development focusing on the battle with hackers and other back end things. Not to mention not a single developer gets paid for their work and we all have pretty busy lives. 

Passive Perks has been a shit show as they continuously are getting adjusted and we are still waiting on finalized perks from a faction (can’t entirely blame them cause they had to be denied late but still - can’t code anything if it’s not approved)

Next update will get us caught up with donation goals with the exception of the bank. That requires lots of work and it hasn’t been a priority. It will also get the tasing script fixed (which was NOT easy) and a bucketload of other changes. In addition, due to development priorities and IRL situations, the physically update comes to the work of only a couple developers (not to include the designers work - they work separately and all seem to have done an amazing job)

In any free time that I have been getting I have been working on some extra goodies for people as well as some back burner tasks. 

Like fuck me I always wondered why old developers lost passion/ seemed disgruntled at times and now a think I understand at least a few reasons why. It’s a real shame that people who don’t even donate feel so entitled to getting the donor reward within the next month it’s met. We try but can’t always succeed. It’s an online community - NOT my full time job.

I get you guys want new content. It's coming. I am just asking you guys to take some time and understand why it might take a bit to get the new content.

• Like 7
2 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

But seriously it’s not the easiest to remain caught up with 5 elaborate donation goals in a row (mind you developers aren’t the ones to usually come up with it - we just get told to do it) and have a very active civilian council plus have senior development focusing on the battle with hackers and other back end things. Not to mention not a single developer gets paid for their work and we all have pretty busy lives. 

Passive Perks has been a shit show as they continuously are getting adjusted and we are still waiting on finalized perks from a faction (can’t entirely blame them cause they had to be denied late but still - can’t code anything if it’s not approved)

Next update will get us caught up with donation goals with the exception of the bank. That requires lots of work and it hasn’t been a priority. It will also get the tasing script fixed (which was NOT easy) and a bucketload of other changes. In addition, due to development priorities and IRL situations, the physically update comes to the work of only a couple developers (not to include the designers work - they work separately and all seem to have done an amazing job)

In any free time that I have been getting I have been working on some extra goodies for people as well as some back burner tasks. 

Like fuck me I always wondered why old developers lost passion/ seemed disgruntled at times and now a think I understand at least a few reasons why. It’s a real shame that people who don’t even donate feel so entitled to getting the donor reward within the next month it’s met. We try but can’t always succeed. It’s an online community - NOT my full time job.

but my mans, if you need more devs just push the dev lessons again for cheaper.

8 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

It will also get the tasing script fixed (which was NOT easy) and a bucketload of other changes. 

these are the moments where I miss Ignis, he was confident at fixing this shit and hitboxes of vehicles in meetings. (  o7 @iPopsicle

Edited by Nex is the name
Just now, Darren Nsonowa said:

but my mans, if you need more devs just push the dev lessons again for cheaper.

Probably would do them for free if we are that badly in need of them. The reason we are not at that DEFCON status yet is that it is *looking* like we are going to hit a better road here as college classes wind down and IRL starts to let us spend more time with Olympus.

IMO I wouldn't mind a developer or two, but that is up to Senior Development and my opinion doesn't necessarily reflect theirs :P 

1 minute ago, Nex is the name said:

these are the moments where I miss Ikiled, he was confident at fixing this shit and hitboxes of vehicles in meetings. (  o7 @iPopsicle

Sir you have confused me. You say you miss ikiled yet you tagged Ignis

1 minute ago, Nex is the name said:

these are the moments where I miss Ikiled, he was confident at fixing this shit and hitboxes of vehicles in meetings. (  o7 @iPopsicle

You just @ Ed  ignis. @ikiled still here

1 minute ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Sir you have confused me. You say you miss ikiled yet you tagged Ignis

I mixed up the people.... run

1 minute ago, NokiaStrong said:

You just @ Ed  ignis. @ikiled still here

I fixed it .-.

11 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I get you guys want new content. It's coming. I am just asking you guys to take some time and understand why it might take a bit to get the new content.

im aware that everyone has other shit to do, but dont put it in donation goal until its ready so that way when you hit the goal you can actually release it, cause to be honest that is one reason i have been holding back on donating because its a little bit behind. And yea i know i dont have to donate but you are complaining about how non-donators are complaining, i think there would possibly be more donators if the goals were met sooner/quicker

1 minute ago, poof| kicked from astro :( said:

im aware that everyone has other shit to do, but dont put it in donation goal until its ready so that way when you hit the goal you can actually release it, cause to be honest that is one reason i have been holding back on donating because its a little bit behind. And yea i know i dont have to donate but you are complaining about how non-donators are complaining, i think there would possibly be more donators if the goals were met sooner/quicker

This is something to consider

Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

This is something to consider

Yeah I would donate hundreds a month if goals were on time like with peter. I was gonna donate 1k, but peter o7ed and gave it to ares, of whom ive never met. And everyone complains about how he got it over, say Doc or some shit... and ares doesnt know how to convey anything. Or how to get a better mic. Make a donation goal to get the man a new mic.

2 minutes ago, Nex is the name said:

Yeah I would donate hundreds a month if goals were on time like with peter. I was gonna donate 1k, but peter o7ed and gave it to ares, of whom ive never met. And everyone complains about how he got it over, say Doc or some shit... and ares doesnt know how to convey anything. Or how to get a better mic. Make a donation goal to get the man a new mic.

To defend Ares - the stack of harder donation goals was all with Peter. The reason we got behind were those goals. Ares as only made and approved the current April donation goal :P 

3 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

To defend Ares - the stack of harder donation goals was all with Peter. The reason we got behind were those goals. Ares as only made and approved the current April donation goal :P 

should publicly announce that the donation goals that you dont have done will be switched to the next months goals. So the community isnt stuck waiting.

2 minutes ago, Nex is the name said:

should publicly announce that the donation goals that you dont have done will be switched to the next months goals. So the community isnt stuck waiting.

Yeah but then people will get upset they have to donate again for the same thing.

Probably best to get close to finish then announce the goals :P 

• Like 1
  • Admin
1 minute ago, Mutiny said:

Honestly I appreciate the work all the developers do even if goals aren’t met and they are still working hard and giving updates on the progress.