How do we change the attitude of the server?

Okay, think back to the last time you had a genuinely good roleplay interaction with a player. Now how often does that happen? Not very often would be my guess. How do we start roleplaying instead of merely following the rules? What does good roleplay look like? It's about time we set an expectation for ourselves and others.  Leave Actual Ideas Below:

Edited by AmericanWaffle
  • Downvote 3

There are those that play the server for good RP, all be it light RP. I’ve had lots of good interactions with civs.

There are also those who want to play more aggressively and make large quantities of cash and not waste time/ risk their $ with RP when it is not important to them.

The server experience is what you make it... if you go out looking for RP I do still believe you will find it. But it’s not something that everyone on a “light rp” server will go for...

• Like 3

Just to play devils advocate: I understand that Olympus is Light RP but there is also a reason Heavy RP servers on Arma and GTA are taking over. In my opinion roleplaying contributes to keeping the community engaged with the gameplay more which in turn makes players want to keep playing.

• Like 1

I tried to offer some gang 50k to let a medic rez me, instead of doing a 3rd party denial.  They agree.  They let him rez me.  Next second they want me to put my hands up and steal 200k worth of gear from me.  How is that RP?

Then they act surprised that they have to shoot me a 2nd time.  All for some tactical bacon. 

Later a guy breaks into my house and is surprised when I engage him w/ my 5.8mm.  Comp or ban!  Dance on the corpse of those you kill, comp or ban, when you get killed.  The sooner you accept that this is the attitude of the vast majority of players on Olympus the better it will go for you.