Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Favourite Faction & Why?

Favourite Faction & Why?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Pick a Faction, & Why?

34 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Easily civ cause you don't have to worry about cringey children going on power trips. Plus some people on whitelisted factions take stuff too seriously to the point where it's not even fun. It's just a game.

That's right. Although I believe there should be some seriousness to it, as that's what holds the entire faction together, fun is the end goal in all of our playing.

• Like 3

Civ role is best Hooliganry is the ultimate catharsis in this game. However...

A warning to new players, the apd, and rnr

Although the whitelisted factions tend to forget this; their role is to enhance the civ playing experiance, and to lend the world balance and authenticity. All too often i sadly see biased medics [medics that choose to only assist one side and deny the other mid fight] and cops hellbent on a personal paycheck, and abusing their power, instead of lending credibility and realism to the world of olympus. Although most of my gangs best experiances have come from fighting off an abusive cop chase, I cant count the number of times one of my gang mates have been chassed to the far corners of the map in either an empty helicopter or empty truck -- even if you are doing legal runs (dont do them) all the hard work you put into that load of oil or iron (appx 700k which is huge to a new player) can vaporize because you had 60k in bounties, happened to have a bootleg car 95 macinegun (car 95 rifle with drum mags to save money) and the cop was extremely bored. Even though i have been far to rich to stoop this low for well over 8 months; it is still a problem that helps contribute to the inability of olympus to hold onto new members. The new members come, but they do not stay.

I am not salty about this, and am trying to remain impartial and unbiased, good cops that actually roleplay are out there, and medics that actually wait for a fight to resolve before they pick up are out there. But a sizable portion of both the apd and rnr are in it for the power trip.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Sagebrush said:

Although the whitelisted factions tend to forget this; their role is to enhance the civ playing experiance, and to lend the world balance and authenticity. All too often i sadly see biased medics [medics that choose to only assist one side and deny the other mid fight] and cops hellbent on a personal paycheck, and abusing their power, instead of lending credibility and realism to the world of olympus. Although most of my gangs best experiances have come from fighting off an abusive cop chase, I cant count the number of times one of my gang mates have been chassed to the far corners of the map in either an empty helicopter or empty truck -- even if you are doing legal runs (dont do them) all the hard work you put into that load of oil or iron (appx 700k which is huge to a new player) can vaporize because you had 60k in bounties, happened to have a bootleg car 95 macinegun (car 95 rifle with drum mags to save money) and the cop was extremely bored. Even though i have been far to rich to stoop this low for well over 8 months; it is still a problem that helps contribute to the inability of olympus to hold onto new members. The new members come, but they do not stay.

I am not salty about this, and am trying to remain impartial and unbiased, good cops that actually roleplay are out there, and medics that actually wait for a fight to resolve before they pick up are out there. But a sizable portion of both the apd and rnr are in it for the power trip.

Na fam it's the deputies that get a massive hard on over a 60k bounty will do something. Like If I'm on APD and the square is poppin but no one is killing eachother you could have a 200k+ bounty I ain't gonna fuck with the peace to get 60k of it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://streamable.com

for situation 1 the helicopter was empty,

for situation 2 we were initially cruising in an orca and they just attacked us for no reason,

and for situation 3 the truck was full of iron ore.

44 minutes ago, Jax said:

Na fam it's the deputies that get a massive hard on over a 60k bounty will do something. Like If I'm on APD and the square is poppin but no one is killing eachother you could have a 200k+ bounty I ain't gonna fuck with the peace to get 60k of it

• Hmm 1
5 hours ago, Sagebrush said:

Although the whitelisted factions tend to forget this; their role is to enhance the civ playing experiance, and to lend the world balance and authenticity. All too often i sadly see biased medics [medics that choose to only assist one side and deny the other mid fight] and cops hellbent on a personal paycheck, and abusing their power, instead of lending credibility and realism to the world of olympus. Although most of my gangs best experiances have come from fighting off an abusive cop chase, I cant count the number of times one of my gang mates have been chassed to the far corners of the map in either an empty helicopter or empty truck -- even if you are doing legal runs (dont do them) all the hard work you put into that load of oil or iron (appx 700k which is huge to a new player) can vaporize because you had 60k in bounties, happened to have a bootleg car 95 macinegun (car 95 rifle with drum mags to save money) and the cop was extremely bored

If you’re wanted for 60k and have an illegal gun just pay the ticket on the spot to save your run. If you’re gonna go big on a legal run do it legally with weapons and a clean bounty. Otherwise you may as well do an illegal run as cops will try to search your truck either way the second the see you’re wanted.

7 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

If you’re wanted for 60k and have an illegal gun just pay the ticket on the spot to save your run. If you’re gonna go big on a legal run do it legally with weapons and a clean bounty. Otherwise you may as well do an illegal run as cops will try to search your truck either way the second the see you’re wanted.

Thats not the point, ive done that in the past, what im saying is that this game it is extremely easy as a new player to have a small bounty and underequiped despite your best efforts. Almost all runs done are done in suboptimal circumstances.

37 minutes ago, LrAndrew said:

R&R best RP you get. Being taken hostage is fun when you think you can make a break for it and you make money! So that’s my vote

Rnr good as long as they do not artificially upset the balance of power within a fight.

• 2 weeks later...

I picked Civ/Rebel because there is a variety of things you can do, without having a void of no action to fill (although this tends to happen sometimes)

I also couldn't agree more with the explanation @Sagebrush gave, on why the biases of whitelisted factions can ruin the experience of new comers, and quite frankly people who have been on the server for a while, including myself. 

I will also add on by saying that 

I picked Civ/Rebel because there is a variety of things you can do, without having a void of no action to fill (although this tends to happen sometimes)

I also couldn't agree more with the explanation @Sagebrush, on why the biases of white-listed can ruin the experience of new comers, and quite frankly people who have been on the server for a while, including myself. 

I will also add on by saying that, I don't think that everybody does this intentionally. 

I think that the "Ego Driven" Culture that was formed by the civ factions, bled into the other factions tainting the role and the way they conducted themselves within that role. Let's be honest not everyone is a "career cop" or R&R, eventually people who join the APD or R&R are civs that play with a civ mentality, with only stricter rules and less chances to fuck up. What this creates is a  "culture bleed " and no longer the APD and R&R consist of the Police genuently trying to stop crime from occurring, and the R&R to Rescue and Recover everyone who request for the help willingly (Obviously unless you are denied). I cannot begin to describe the amount of times I've seen the apd witness a player killing another player, a player robbing another player, a player having an illegal weapon engaging and killing other players right in front of them, and then going over to the player who has been killed and making an arrest because they had a small bounty. The amount of times a medic has not done what I've asked of them because their friend was fighting against me. This is many times the result of people who play mainly civ, do when they join other factions. They don't play their role they only occupy it. Now I'll be Naive to say that I want people to become a real life police officer or Doctors or just simply put "RolePlay", I honestly understand that wouldn't be fun and the server is not build for it, but this server is also not build to be a King of The Hill. People only join the whitelisted factions for money. If you're reading this tell me you've never heard a friend that is in the APD say something along the lines "Alright I am going to go make some money I am broke"  It's gotten or has been for a while depending on how long you've been playing, very toxic, not fun to play, not new player friendly. I think this is part of the decline of server population, although I know is not the only reason. Arma 3 is a fairly old game and it's popularity dwindles from time to time. But when trying to keep you server alive, you have to balance two things, one [ how do I maintain the people already "in" happy, and those who are new hooked ] This server lacks both to be honest. I am not disconnected from any of the things I've just said, I am guilty of this behavior, maybe that is the way we are meant to play the server?  Anyways those are my 2 cents, this is my opinion, yours might be completely different and that's okay. Feel free to reply I am more than welcomed to hear your opinion. 

Also If you are wondering why I wrote this twice?, It's because I had to literally copy and paste over to notepad and write it there, because to go back and fix something you wrote on this website is scuffed I don't know.

• Like 1
On 11/25/2019 at 2:43 PM, Sagebrush said:

Very well said +1

On 11/25/2019 at 4:24 PM, Sagebrush said:

https://streamable.com

for situation 1 the helicopter was empty,

for situation 2 we were initially cruising in an orca and they just attacked us for no reason,

and for situation 3 the truck was full of iron ore.

Playing APD has become the legal way of "going robbing". My gang and the APD literally do the same thing. Fly around and look for trucks and land on them. lol

Civ, dont have to listen to toxic ass people in teamspeak. Not that we dont have to face that in our gangs. (Especially bruh) but it's fun just running around killing whoever you want. Cant do that on cop.