What do you guys do for a living right now?

grar21

I'm currently packing for my flight back home for thanksgiving week.

I am a fiber optic cable technician. It depends on the job site, but there are times where I work in hospitals, or just hotels. And they're very nice for the most part.

On the hospital side I'll install their server racks and patch panels, while running fiber to them and also running Cat6 lines for their nurse call units. (IE, when a paitent needs help, or flat-lining, etc)

On the hotel sides I've done hotels that are embassys, mariotts, marriot voyages, ramadas, etc. For these I do the same thing as the hospital, just minus the nurse call part.

It's a pretty neat job, it requires some form of intellect and the ability to constantly travel.

What do you do? 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
10 minutes ago, vedalkenn said:

Aside from the fact it's an decent topic, why the spam post bud?

I’m just being active on the forums, nothing more.

11 minutes ago, DABESTeva said:

stop fucking posting shit u annoying fuck and you know what makes it worse u have numbers in ur name 

Just ignore me 🤔

• Like 1
  • Clown 1
6 minutes ago, grar21 said:

What does this entail, roughly?

I specialize in HVAC (heating and cooling) because that’s where all the moneys at but I run out of a family business where I do everything from running gas lines, gas log fireplaces, masonry work (stone/brick), chimney cleanings etc.

55 minutes ago, Aunt Jemima said:

With how much room for progression though? 

When I left my senior year, I actually started working for O’Reillys and became closing manager after 6 months, and right after a year hit I went into the Telecomm industry. I’ve now been in this industry for a year as well, and I went from 9$ an hour to 16, and now I’m at 24.50 (started this industry at 16 being green to the field) with plenty of options still available for me to go to. The great part about this is not only is it per diem(25 a day, and I haven’t been home in 4 months with is really nice since it’s untaxed) and from here with experience you only get more. My co worker said he was making 90$ an hour after 3 years of doing this work starting off because he used the experience in this field and went into PBX communications. I aim to achieve that but I won’t stop there 

8 minutes ago, Richard said:

Professional Alcoholic

Okay mercury ( @Mercury )

28 minutes ago, Thick Mans said:

i kill niggas for a living

Remove this post off the forums RIGHT NOW or fucking else 

41 minutes ago, Squid said:

Full time college. Trying to do something with cyber security 

I really wanna do cyber security. That’s what I want to pursue after I secure a future with Telecomm. That’s that 6 figure salary 

44 minutes ago, TayK said:

Leave him alone he’s going for Corp that’s why he posting this 

Exposed 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1