Is This RDM?

The whole point of giving people more than 5 seconds to comply is for situations when you need more than 5 seconds such as landing a heli or stopping a vehicle, etc. Doesn’t really fit imo for someone that was stationary in the car

• Like 1
Just now, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Sorry buddy but he gave you 5 seconds like when I denied this originally. 

Again, the purpose of this post is not for player report reasons. This is why I did not mention player reports in the original post, mention you, any outcomes, and stated only that I would like to hear the community's thoughts. Whether or not a player is banned over this is not something I will lose any sleep over. Instead, I thought I would use it as a way to see if the current rules we have on Olympus-entertainment.com align with the community's interpretation of them due to the split of opinions on the matter at hand. That way in the future other players have a stronger understanding of these situations and can make better informed decisions in game. 

Just now, Dank MeeMoo said:

The whole point of giving people more than 5 seconds to comply is for situations when you need more than 5 seconds such as landing a heli or stopping a vehicle, etc. Doesn’t really fit imo for someone that was stationary in the car

That makes good sense to me. Would you say a rule clarification is a wild request? You are the first support member to say this may not be RDM. I get that support team interpretations are a dramatic step away from staff interpretations, however considering how much the player base relies on support cases, it would be nice if there was less of a split. 

29 minutes ago, Soap del Mar said:

That makes good sense to me. Would you say a rule clarification is a wild request? You are the first support member to say this may not be RDM. I get that support team interpretations are a dramatic step away from staff interpretations, however considering how much the player base relies on support cases, it would be nice if there was less of a split. 

Support team members have very different views on some grey area situations but I agree it would be nice if we were more on the same page on that kind of stuff. I don't think a rule clarification is asking for too much but I don't exactly know how they would word it to make it better than it is now.

1. If someone reacts in a way that is compliant with your demand (Such as stopping their vehicle in order to get out) you must allow them to complete their reaction even if it takes longer than 5 seconds.

2. If someone reacts in a non-compliant fashion with your demand (Such as turning to aim at you, or immediately taking evasive action) then you may shoot them before 5 seconds.

is it that hard to understand or do i have a humongous brain?

Just now, Dank MeeMoo said:

Support team members have very different views on some grey area situations but I agree it would be nice if we were more on the same page on that kind of stuff. I don't think a rule clarification is asking for too much but I don't exactly know how they would word it to make it better than it is now.

"If someone reacts in a way that is compliant with your demand (Such as stopping their vehicle in order to get out) you must allow them to complete their reaction AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT TAKE MORE THAN 5 SECONDS FROM THE ENGAGEMENT. If someone takes more than 5 seconds to complete the action you do not have to allow them to complete it."

Just now, Evannnnn said:

1. If someone reacts in a way that is compliant with your demand (Such as stopping their vehicle in order to get out) you must allow them to complete their reaction even if it takes longer than 5 seconds.

2. If someone reacts in a non-compliant fashion with your demand (Such as turning to aim at you, or immediately taking evasive action) then you may shoot them before 5 seconds.

is it that hard to understand or do i have a humongous brain?

Ginormous 

1) Even though you may have been given 5 seconds to comply, is that logically enough time to do is needed to be in compliance? How many seconds does it take to ready the text message, stop the car fully, get out, and put your hands up. I would argue that 5 seconds may not be enough. I've been told that this is the reason you have to give people more than 5 seconds if you send them a paragraph engagement message, example:

"Hello good friend! I saw you walking around Kavala the other day, and you seem like a stand-up guy. I was wondering if you wanted to join my shitter gang. Go on the forums and apply if you're interested. Also, hands up or die."

In the case that I send someone this message, it's not as simple as just giving them 5 seconds. It's not just a generic "hands up or die" message, the engagement example above would most likely push someone's response time over 5 seconds. This raises questions about when and where 5 seconds is actually applicable or not. It can't just be applied to any and all situations.

2) You didn't show any hostile action at all. You never even looked in his general direction, took a step, or took cover, and were instantly piped. Yes, it's a light RP server, but damn, it seems like you really had no chance in my opinon.

18 minutes ago, Creepy said:

He wants the community's opinion, not some corrupt admin that is obviously out to get him!

Damn dude, I totally missed it! I'll go take my bias somewhere else.