First off, I understand that the staff of Olympus have a lot going on, I won't discredit the work they do for us. That being said, I am really disappointed with how hard it is to get a ban appeal opportunity. I've talked to numerous people and its a common theme, using the ban center in TS is just a waste of time. Me personally I was live banned, made an appeal ticket in less than half an hour, then hopped in the TS. I've since been in the TS constantly for  2 days and 2 hours, constantly refreshing the idle timer. Keep in mind that my ban is a 3 day ban. I won't witch hunt or name drop, but I've seen the person who issued my ban in the TS for hours at a time during my time waiting for just a few minutes of their time to get a chance to appeal my ban. Its extremely disappointing and discouraging to see the ban appeal section just borderline ignored. I believe if you are going to issue a ban on someone you should at least be mindful that they might want to try and appeal. Like I stated at the beginning of my statement, I understand that the staff has a lot on their plates, but it really doesn't take but just a few minutes to hear out an appeal.

Inkedd5164241ffe89c68ff9ceda275713eaa_LI.jpg

• Like 13

I honestly dont know how often I see this happen. I see people in the ban center out right ignored all the time.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, MattOnArma said:

First off, I understand that the staff of Olympus have a lot going on, I won't discredit the work they do for us. That being said, I am really disappointed with how hard it is to get a ban appeal opportunity. I've talked to numerous people and its a common theme, using the ban center in TS is just a waste of time. Me personally I was live banned, made an appeal ticket in less than half an hour, then hopped in the TS. I've since been in the TS constantly for  2 days and 2 hours, constantly refreshing the idle timer. Keep in mind that my ban is a 3 day ban. I won't witch hunt or name drop, but I've seen the person who issued my ban in the TS for hours at a time during my time waiting for just a few minutes of their time to get a chance to appeal my ban. Its extremely disappointing and discouraging to see the ban appeal section just borderline ignored.

I believe if you are going to issue a ban on someone you should at least be mindful that they might want to try and appeal.

Like I stated at the beginning of my statement, I understand that the staff has a lot on their plates, but it really doesn't take but just a few minutes to hear out an appeal.

Inkedd5164241ffe89c68ff9ceda275713eaa_LI.jpg

Guest Skateezy

I haven't had the same experience but I know for a fact others have.

My ban appeal was checked in two hours, hopped in teamspeak an hour after and resolved the issue. - that was @Headless (thanks!)

I will say an easy fix to this is to not give long bans for short circumstances. If someone RDMs a guy once (and ruins 10 minutes of someone's gametime) it really simply doesn't deserve a 3 day, 5 day, or two week ban.

In other games even that would be a kick - maybe a day ban at most.

The rules on this server are perfect. The punishments? Way too severe.

I know that the staff follow guidelines but if we were to alter those a bit we wouldn't be having this issue. There are a few people that only want to RDM or break rules consistently but the people appealing don't tend to be the people that are actively ruining experiences, excluding script kiddies.

Edited by Skateezy
Just now, Skateezy said:

I haven't had the same experience but I know for a fact others have.

My ban appeal was checked in two hours, hopped in teamspeak in an hour after and resolved the issue. - that was @Headless (thanks!)

I will say an easy fix to this is to not give long bans for short circumstances. If someone RDMs a guy once (and ruins 10 minutes of someone's gametime) it really simply doesn't deserve a 3 day, 5 day, or two week ban.

In other games even that would be a kick - maybe a day ban at most.

cuz @Headless is on top of his shit ! He's very active. 

• Like 2
  • Senior Texture Designer
1 hour ago, Monks said:

See ion have this problem cuz I'm chill with like half the staff. Just get some pocket admins boi

nooo staff egooooo

1 hour ago, Dr Bambino said:

@MattOnArma what did you get banned for?

I was banned for a de-sync vdm situation. Cyanide reached out to me shortly after I made this post and he unbanned me simply because I had to wait for a while. 

• Like 1

cough @Panda :) @ChrisGG @Mr GOAT cough

3 hours ago, Skateezy said:

Permed for backpacking a wall btw