Nvidia vs AMD

Nvidia vs AMD   

65 members have voted

1. 1. Which makes better GPUs

16 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

AMD CPU

NVIDIA GPU

AMD doesn't play well with ArmA 3 for some reason. If/when A4 comes out I'm getting an AMD for my next CPU upgrade.

AMD cpu for gaming but intel for productivity, editing, etc 

intel has hyper threading now but AMD is still ahead Bc of price for the gaming community.

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Doke TV said:

intel has hyper threading now but AMD is still ahead Bc of price for the gaming community.

You confuse me, if anything AMD is much better for productivity and editing due to it have a ton of cores/threads.

• Like 1
  • Pepega 1
45 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

You confuse me, if anything AMD is much better for productivity and editing due to it have a ton of cores/threads.

More ab clock speed than it is # or cores....

that is for rendering and such

Na, ur right I messed up I’m thinking the other way around my bad bby.

64B0A870-0A5C-439F-AAB1-D3935A300906.png

9ADDFEFC-864C-4F6D-8210-C88CA9BF5C99.png

2 hours ago, sploding said:

AMD doesn't play well with ArmA 3 for some reason. If/when A4 comes out I'm getting an AMD for my next CPU upgrade.

Because the Ryzen series is designed to use all the cores and Arma 3 is picky and only uses one core. Hence why intel CPUs are better for Arma because they are better than Ryzen when both are using only one core.

Any game that’s optimized Ryzen is the best bet over intel. But we all know Bohemia can’t optimize games.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tech said:

>mfw when I buy an Intel CPU and motherboard 2 months before Ryzen gets announced

eC5ixjb.png

I've been telling everyone to wait for Ryzen 5000 series. It'll literally blow Intel out of the water.

41 minutes ago, Doke TV said:

More ab clock speed than it is # or cores....

that is for rendering and such

Na, ur right I messed up I’m thinking the other way around my bad bby.

64B0A870-0A5C-439F-AAB1-D3935A300906.png

9ADDFEFC-864C-4F6D-8210-C88CA9BF5C99.png

I was gonna say, now, to be fair, the gaming benchmarks you provided are fairly cherry picked. Who plays at 720p on low?

D

11 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

I've been telling everyone to wait for Ryzen 5000 series. It'll literally blow Intel out of the water.

I was gonna say, now, to be fair, the gaming benchmarks you provided are fairly cherry picked. Who plays at 720p on low?

yeah fair, they chose setting a that favor single core preformance.

3 hours ago, Doke TV said:

3950x destroy's anything intel for productivity and you can always go TR which then destroys the R9 lineup.

• Senior Admin
5 hours ago, Lucien said:

How about waiting till RDNA2 is revealed tomorrow before asking lol who knows it might be better for once

This guy gets it. Nvidia usually wins, but this round, they are doing so much advertising, and distracting away from AMD makes you wonder if AMD is about to drop a bomb. I kind of doubt it, but I didn't think Ryzen would kick so much ass until AMD announced it. 

• Like 1
  • Senior Admin

That 3900 XT is nuts if it delivers what they promise. 
I am underwhelmed by the 6800. comparing it to the 2080 TI was a mistake. It's trying to fall between the 3070 & 3080 but didn't use either as a comparison? 
6800XT looks decent.  
Can't wait to see 3rd party benchmarking, especially with ray tracing on vs. off on the two-card manufacturers, will add a whole new dimension into the discussion of who is better. 

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...