Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Locked APD Handbook Update 11/10/20

• Lead Map Designer
Just now, Millennium said:

Correct, you are playing as an APD officer, you have to follow the APD handbook. Civilians do not. They have to follow the Server rules and that is it.

The speed gap: A jet can not slow down so much doing circles around the redzone scouting, giving exact callouts, etc. So yes you are slower but more impactful with planes for giving out callouts

It is very easy to slow a jet down using its flaps and air brakes and then use its camera to give even better callouts than a Caesar.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Bloodmoon said:

The apd should not allow people to use military armed vehicles on the civilian population.

I agree! Thankfully our development team thought of that So ThEy MaDe JeTs NoT aRmEd 🙂

Edited by Noble
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Bloodmoon said:

Armed plane has a usable weapon so it meets the definition of an armed vehicle. The apd should not allow people to use military armed vehicles on the civilian population.

Hellcat with no doors has miniguns on the side yet mine has been impounded by APD several times 

Just now, Zeuse said:

It is very easy to slow a jet down using its flaps and air brakes and then use its camera to give even better callouts than a Caesar.

Untrue. I fly jets the most on this server and this is not true. Because of the cost youre much more focused on not crashing. 

Just now, Zeuse said:

yes you can slow down, but cannot maintain that speed that a plane can without any issues. If you slow down too much you start to drop. The camera is useless if u can't slow down and stay in the general vicinity for giving callouts

• Like 1

Anything with camo/militarized themed textures should be illegal and only available at Illegal/rebel dealers. Pity last time I said this retards came out of the woodwork and said "this is a light rp server" and now you have Police Command pulling this stunt because they have no hard counter to jets even though jets do not have ammo so in the theme of "light rp" it would be considered UNARMED.

Also, to Police CommandPerhaps development should try to introduce customized feature APD titan launchers that damage fuel tanks so it forces their target to land. Seen it on servers back around 2016 so I don't see why it can't be done here. The fact APD have no counter to jets or planes beside lethal force it would be good to see something you can use against them.

18 minutes ago, Noble said:

https://gyazo.com/04dd85b5121a5a696ad068a8b54f8b06 "and for this reason ghawks are not OP" - @Zeuse

https://i.gyazo.com/b25e40a638b3f3cf1976f0a7339b26c4.mp4

Edited by TM_
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 2

Honestly blows my mind that u guys are actually getting heated about this when Staff is the one that actually said that it was fine to do. 4 pages for a APD HANDBOOK UPDATE

2 minutes ago, TM_ said:

Anything with camo/militarized themed textures should be illegal and only available at Illegal/rebel dealers. Pity last time I said this retards came out of the woodwork and said "this is a light rp server" and now you have Police Command pulling this stunt because they have no hard counter to jets even though jets do not have ammo so in the theme of "light rp" it would be considered UNARMED.

Also, to Police CommandPerhaps development should try to introduce customized feature APD titan launchers that damage fuel tanks so it forces their target to land. Seen it on servers back around 2016 so I don't see why it can't be done here.

https://i.gyazo.com/b25e40a638b3f3cf1976f0a7339b26c4.mp4

Already tried getting titans for Blackfishs and it got denied so ya lets get titans so when you hit them with a missile it pops up in bold letters saying please land this is the APD

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Weird 1
8 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

Honestly blows my mind that u guys are actually getting heated about this when Staff is the one that actually said that it was fine to do. 4 pages for a APD HANDBOOK UPDATE

Because making the most useless and expensive vehicle in the game illegal when it has no utility other than "it goes fast and has the same camera as the hellcat" is a pretty stupid reason to make it illegal. You'd be thick to expect no pushback. All sAPD wants to see is people run sand.

Edited by Blueangelman36
6 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

Already tried getting titans for Blackfishs and it got denied so ya lets get titans so when you hit them with a missile it pops up in bold letters saying please land this is the APD

APD are the government, if the prerequisite is met then you should be able to use titans as a LAST resort to ground them (seperate from any means).
Tbh the fact Olympus APD has no NLR and wave rule is the reason why you guys will probably never get the good shit. You guys shot yourselves in the foot there.

1 minute ago, Blueangelman36 said:

Because making the most useless and expensive vehicle in the game illegal when it has no utility other than "it goes fast and has the same camera as the hellcat" is a pretty stupid reason to make it illegal. You'd be thick to expect no pushback. All sAPD wants to see is people run sand.

Risk vs reward on this server is skewered but hey no fucking way APD will ever catch a Jet except if they camp airfields.

Exactly the same as a dog chasing a car. Can't run as fast and can't bite it to death even if it caught up.

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, TM_ said:

APD are the government, if the prerequisite is met then you should be able to use titans as a LAST resort to ground them (seperate from any means).
Tbh the fact Olympus APD has no NLR and wave rule is the reason why you guys will probably never get the good shit. You guys shot yourselves in the foot there.

No NLR and Wave rule lmao they have been in from the start

7 minutes ago, Blueangelman36 said:

Well shit at least people might be doing runs at the point

1 minute ago, Hurricane said:

Well shit at least people might be doing runs at the point

Well removing incentive for one of the largest money sinks on the server (i can personally attest to this) is a great way to disincentive them.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Hurricane said:

No NLR and Wave rule lmao they have been in from the start

Right, and? 99% the reason APD can't have the good shit.

You guys have "Any means" in the handbook but Staff don't trust you guys with HMGs, RPGs, Titans or Explosives for unique situations that escelate to a endgame level.

Here's a soundtrack for you bro:

Edited by TM_
  • Lead Map Designer
1 minute ago, Blueangelman36 said:

Well removing incentive for one of the largest money sinks on the server (i can personally attest to this) is a great way to disincentive them.

You're honestly over reacting.  How many situations do you think the APD are actually going to be able to capture and seize a jet in?  This can make it an even better money sink considering there's a chance it can be removed from your garage making you have to purchase another one, one time purchase money sinks aren't the greatest.  

• Clown 1
  • Downvote 1
Just now, Zeuse said:

You're honestly over reacting.  How many situations do you think the APD are actually going to be able to capture and seize a jet in?  This can make it an even better money sink considering there's a chance it can be removed from your garage making you have to purchase another one, one time purchase money sinks aren't the greatest.  

Mostly I'm going to enjoy the roleplay that comes with the jets and APD. Ive gotten out of a ticket before by letting a whole patrol sit in the cockpit, and I've always had curious officers come and take a look. We've put on airshows for APD. Why ruin that by making us shoot first ask questions later with these? I don't think they're a major hindrance to APD being able to do their job outside of rare circumstances and I don't think there's a good reason to have them.

Also my name is Blueangelman36, im named after a jet demonstration team and I have jets in all my profile pictures. Did you forsee me reacting any other way?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Blueangelman36 said:

Mostly I'm going to enjoy the roleplay that comes with the jets and APD. Ive gotten out of a ticket before by letting a whole patrol sit in the cockpit, and I've always had curious officers come and take a look. We've put on airshows for APD. Why ruin that by making us shoot first ask questions later with these? I don't think they're a major hindrance to APD being able to do their job outside of rare circumstances and I don't think there's a good reason to have them.

Also my name is Blueangelman36, im named after a jet demonstration team and I have jets in all my profile pictures. Did you forsee me reacting any other way?

@Blueangelman36 APD out to ruin the fun of anyone else that is not them? They'll criminalize any action on the server that looks cool but they can't do themselves!?
Z7HeRxU.png

Edited by TM_
  • Downvote 1
6 minutes ago, TM_ said:

@Blueangelman36 APD out to ruin the fun of anyone else that is not them? They'll criminalize any action on the server that looks cool but they can't do themselves!?

Are you trying to say that we should keep an armed military vehicle which is used against the civilian population, and also has no way to be dealt with by the apd, should be legal to own?

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Admin
4 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

Are you trying to say that we should keep an armed military vehicle which is used against the civilian population, and also has no way to be dealt with by the apd, should be legal to own?

Its not armed you rollplayer Also RIP this 

rip this.jpg

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

You can legally own any demilitarized aircraft in the real world and here in RP.

Edited by TM_