Is shooting from one redzone into another legal?

2 minutes ago, Millennium said:

nah. It is not.

I remember when I did it was a 1.5km shot with a LIM from rebel boat to cartel. Shit was crazy, luckily he was enemy gang member.

Yeah I've made a habit of leveling that cartel from boat before I go in, and I'm concerned with accidental deaths.

@Millennium What is the official KOS radius of the peninsula cartel?

Edited by anti
29 minutes ago, anti said:

the red outline is considered the boundary for the cartel area

7 minutes ago, anti said:

I was told a long time ago by support that peninsula is a 'gray area' as far as engagement range goes, and I'd just like to know what I can get away with

Generally I just go for kills if they are close and if I don't get warpoints from it I'd comp

1 hour ago, anti said:

Peninsula is different bud

sorry i misread it lol so toxic for what reason? no one knows who you are? no wonder joined in 2020 already got -120 rep take the clue and leave no one likes you.

7 minutes ago, Strafe said:

sorry i misread it lol so toxic for what reason? no one knows who you are? no wonder joined in 2020 already got -120 rep take the clue and leave no one likes you.

How was I toxic? Bro you need to calm down. 

• Owner
3 hours ago, anti said:

What is the official KOS radius of the peninsula cartel?

Id say its scenario based, but typically id give it at least 500m from the cartel itself. Thats not a set number, but a general area you want to stay in.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, anti said:

Yeah I've made a habit of leveling that cartel from boat before I go in, and I'm concerned with accidental deaths.

if u dont get warpoints, comp ez

8 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Id say its scenario based, but typically id give it at least 500m from the cartel itself. Thats not a set number, but a general area you want to stay in.

Thanks @Ryan Thats what i needed.

1 minute ago, rafaaa said:

if u dont get warpoints, comp ez

Dont give af about wp tbh.  I'm out here for titan hits and AT offroad kills without having to pay kids comp.

4 hours ago, anti said:

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

What the smelly guy said.

• Sad 1

its allowed 

2 hours ago, anti said:

Dont give af about wp tbh.  I'm out here for titan hits and AT offroad kills without having to pay kids comp.

whore

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

Can this be confirmed and put in as a rule, or a visual indicator on the map? It seems very easy to clarify.

Edited by Blueangelman36
  • Owner
2 hours ago, Blueangelman36 said:

Can this be confirmed and put in as a rule, or a visual indicator on the map? It seems very easy to clarify.

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

Id say its scenario based

15 hours ago, Ryan said:

Thats not a set number, but a general area you want to stay in.

There is no official zone for it, hence why its not in the rules. If its quite obvious they are going to that cartel to fight you, then if its beyond 500 meters by just slightly we obviously wont ban for it. If its something as simple as driving past right, and they get tapped out then thats when we'd say its RDM. Being that this cartel is fairly deep, you should be able to easily tell whos coming and who isnt.

59 minutes ago, Ryan said:

There is no official zone for it, hence why its not in the rules. If its quite obvious they are going to that cartel to fight you, then if its beyond 500 meters by just slightly we obviously wont ban for it. If its something as simple as driving past right, and they get tapped out then thats when we'd say its RDM. Being that this cartel is fairly deep, you should be able to easily tell whos coming and who isnt.

You can't "drive past" a cartel that has a dead end road, and if you're referring to people getting shot out of helis or titaned, many people use titans or shoot at helicopters that drive by there. It just seems easiest to identify on the map the KOS zone just like we do with warzone and every other redzone on the map, including federal events.

Mostly my fear are inconsistent rulings from admins. If there's just "common sense" or "obviousness" to drive it, it basically gives the admin free reign to rule on it however they want. You indicated a zone in this post, and anyone who is curious about how far they'd have to go to avoid the cartel would have to come into this thread and find your specific post. Why not avoid all that pain in confusion with a red line or identified KOS zone like we do with *every other KOS zone on the server*