Some Rules Don't Seem Necessary

I was going over the rules again because I've been off awhile. Some of these seem... frankly rather dumb.

Actually its just one

I cant drive my vehicle into the ocean to stop it from being stolen?

This one is more unrealistic than all of them if you ask me. If the robber can rob me before I drive it into the ocean, then its his fault for being too slow. its not cheating in any way, because in real life, if I drove my truck into the ocean, the rober couldnt rob it. 

What possible good can this rule do?

If you would have played the server several months ago you would know why the rule was implemented. Even if some rules dont make sense trust me there is a reason it was added. The only rule i disagree with is the Heli/Terror rule but its there for a reason and we must follow it. 

So in other words, you guys just want rules to have rules? I dont understand this train of thought its a roleplaying game, so should there not be an even balance between necessary rules and a push for realism? 

its not realistic when you drive said vehicle into the water then it despawns and appears in your garage.

• Like 4
  • Head Admin

The reason you cant drive your vehicle into the water is because with Arma there is simply no way to get it out.  If you where in a cop chase in real life and decided to ditch in the water they could just call in a tow truck or whatever and pull it out, we dont have anything like that here.

As to the no choppers in terror that was added because no matter how good your aim was if there was only 3 deputies on they aren't ever going to stop a chopper and that is exactly the kind of situation we constantly ran into. 

• Like 2

The reason you cant drive your vehicle into the water is because with Arma there is simply no way to get it out.  If you where in a cop chase in real life and decided to ditch in the water they could just call in a tow truck or whatever and pull it out, we dont have anything like that here.

As to the no choppers in terror that was added because no matter how good your aim was if there was only 3 deputies on they aren't ever going to stop a chopper and that is exactly the kind of situation we constantly ran into. 

Please tell me how a Deputy would not be able to shoot a Hummingbird out the sky O.o

Wrong. Two guys sank their hemmt and with moonshine in it and i landed, killed them, and pulled it out with slings.

This has already been discussed and decided on, i worked the point viguously when the rule came out to no avail, its not worth re-agruing about. It is what it is cuh.

I'm not arguing, I'm simply pointing out the obvious :P

Some people need to realise not everyone is here to argue their life content out ^^

• Like 1
  • Head Admin

Please tell me how a Deputy would not be able to shoot a Hummingbird out the sky O.o

It wasn't hummingbirds that where causing the problems ;D

Wrong. Two guys sank their hemmt and with moonshine in it and i landed, killed them, and pulled it out with slings.

and if it was any other big truck?  all of them are beyond the slinging capability of a Taru.

The only way I could see this rule being removed is if you driving the vehicle into the ocean resulted in the vehicle being permanently destroyed, like blowing up after 5 minutes. Otherwise it would be way to easy to abuse.

Case in point: Grandma Gary is driving his HEMMT along after refining a bunch of iron (Gary doesn't believe in the illegal drug trade). He starts getting chased by 5 rebels. "Oh, I don't mind losing this iron, as long as I don't lose my $200k HEMMT, lets drive it into the ocean. It'll be back in my garage after 10 or 15 minutes," He does, gets killed by the rebels after he comes up for air. All he loses was his gear, which may have been worth only $10K and some time on making the iron, but otherwise, he comes out in front as he got to keep his truck. Rebels on the other hand get pissed because they just lost the opportunity to make some cash off the iron / chopping the truck.

considering i have a video from august of last year of our group getting someone banned for driving his hemtt into the water

ima say this has been the dealio for a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGGGGGGGGGGGGG time, just not written down