Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

mako killing olympus

8 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

hot head dev/staff members 

and for being a lead dev you shouldnt even talk here u making yourself look retarded

You’re new to this community buddy, time for you to learn not to disrespect unpaid devs who build something for you to have fun. This wasn’t a post about developers so your ranting on the wrong place

Edited by Yeetus Deletus
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Yeetus Deletus said:

You’re new to this community buddy, time for you to learn not to disrespect unpaid devs who build something for you to have fun. This wasn’t a post about developers so your ranting on the wrong place

keep your mouth shut retard you dont even know me, stay in your own lane dumbass

• Clown 5
  • Downvote 1
30 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

i have it clipped of mako even saying it was "working the first update" but "somehow it was fucked up the second update"

its 100% at dev fault that they didnt release a 100% working update, it just shows that we got half assers as a dev team

+ a whole 600lb furry as a com manager

LOL this actually made me laugh!

You know what else I can't believe?

Call of duty has bugs, including game breaking ones, with a BILLION dollar budget to develop a game over the course of several years.

Its just insane to me that the olympus devs would allow a bug to enter this server while juggling school and full time jobs that actually pay bills!

Blasphemy!! 

• Like 3
  • BlessUp 2
  • Clown 1
  • Admin
40 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

its 100% at dev fault that they didnt release a 100% working update, it just shows that we got half assers as a dev team

same logic as a Toyota being blamed because some retard took his Prius 90MPH off a cliff and it didn't hold up
Or Blaming a plumber because instead of calling him when your toilet wouldn't flush you sat there and dropped log after log till your bathroom was a pile of shit
or a chef because instead of eating meat you KNOW isn't cooked to your liking you sat there and ate it like a moron when you could have asked it to be cooked more
or a grocery store because you took home fresh fruit let it rot in your room for 4 months and ate it!

jan-hjelm.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • STFU 2
9 minutes ago, Noble said:

same logic as a Toyota being blamed because some retard took his Prius 90MPH off a cliff and it didn't hold up
Or Blaming a plumber because instead of calling him when your toilet wouldn't flush you sat there and dropped log after log till your bathroom was a pile of shit
or a chef because instead of eating meat you KNOW isn't cooked to your liking you sat there and ate it like a moron when you could have asked it to be cooked more
or a grocery store because you took home fresh fruit let it rot in your room for 4 months and ate it!

jan-hjelm.gif

I’d say it’s more like finding $1000 on the ground and handing it in saying you’re the good guy when you could be rewarded $1000 by just putting it in your pocket. It ain’t my problem you dropped the money 

• Senior Web Developer
6 minutes ago, Donn said:

I’d say it’s more like finding $1000 on the ground and handing it in saying you’re the good guy when you could be rewarded $1000 by just putting it in your pocket. It ain’t my problem you dropped the money 

Well unfortunately in this case the $1,000 you picked up is logged and traceable 😞

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Noble said:

jan-hjelm.gif

bro idek what your on about its a server update that the devs did not test enough, but on the other note

we aint gotta talk bout how mako and zeroblade uses silent aim and the other more than half of the community just uses esp and other shit + the fact of anyone on cop knowing where everyones house is because they just check keys when they want. this is just a shit server in general that when simple shit comes across they dont take the time and actually fix it

• BlessUp 1
  • Clown 1
  • Admin
5 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

we aint gotta talk bout how mako and zeroblade uses silent aim and the other more than half of the community just uses esp and other shit + the fact of anyone on cop knowing where everyones house is because they just check keys when they want. this is just a shit server in general that when simple shit comes across they dont take the time and actually fix it

Simply factually incorrect. not much more so say other then you are on some serious 
copium-meme.gif

To preface, as someone who was banned for abusing the scrap bug and in my IRL career managing multiple development teams I have the below to say:

At the end of the day, we all knew that what we were doing was abusing an in-game mechanic that was not intended to be there. None of us reported the issue. As for the actual bug itself, did we figure it out in a matter of a few minutes when the update was released, sure, but when you are deploying thousands of lines of code, maintaining different branches, supporting ongoing production bugs, etc. these things get through (especially when it is not a full-time gig and just a passion project). Unfortunately, in this scenario the bug was a game breaking one that allowed users to gain a lot of in-game value in a short amount of time. 

Were the bans at the start a bit to harsh, I believe so. However, at the time staff was still unaware of how it was being done, what the scope of the issue was, etc. After the method was found out, and staff had time to review, to my knowledge all of the bans (except for a few still pending) have been adjusted accordingly (reduced from perms to on average of ~7 days + wipe). I do feel a bit bad for some of the players who have invested thousands of hours into the server and had earned 95% of their funds/equipment legitimately, as I do believe most of these guys are good dudes that made a mistake. 

In regards to some of the comments here (most giving me cancer and making no sense 👀 @ Sweet Lou ), I understand that a certain staff member is not very well liked in the community due to some of his actions/treatment of individuals outside of this specific incident. However, this is not the situation to be discussing your feelings towards said individual, he and the other staff handled the issue as they saw fit, and in the end, it is their community.  

Edited by N9ne-
  • Like 9
  • +1 1
4 minutes ago, N9ne- said:

To preface, as someone who was banned for abusing the scrap bug and in my IRL career managing multiple development teams I have the below to say:

At the end of the day, we all knew that what we were doing was abusing an in-game mechanic that was not intended to be there. None of us reported the issue. As for the actual bug itself, did we figure it out in a matter of a few minutes when the update was released, sure, but when you are deploying thousands of lines of code, maintaining different branches, supporting ongoing production bugs, etc. these things get through (especially when it is not a full-time gig and just a passion project). Unfortunately, in this scenario the bug was a game breaking one that allowed users to gain a lot of in-game value in a short amount of time. 

Were the bans at the start a bit to harsh, I believe so. However, at the time staff was still unaware of how it was being done, what the scope of the issue was, etc. After the method was found out, and staff had time to review, to my knowledge all of the bans (except for a few still pending) have been adjusted accordingly (reduced from perms to on average of ~7 days + wipe). I do feel a bit bad for some of the players who have invested thousands of hours into the server and had earned 95% of their funds/equipment legitimately, as I do believe most of these guys are good dudes that made a mistake. 

In regards to some of the comments here (most giving me cancer and making no sense 👀 @ Sweet Lou ), I understand that a certain staff member is not very well liked in the community due to some of his actions/treatment of individuals outside of this specific incident. However, this is not the situation to be discussing your feelings towards said individual, he and the other staff handled the issue as they saw fit, and in the end, it is their community.  

Honestly very well said. I would tend to agree with most of this. People made a mistake, abused a bug, and were punished properly (perms were a bit much as you said). I am legit surprised some people think an update of that size is going to be pushed with absolutely 0 flaws in the system, and then when a bug is found... they abuse it then blame the dev team. People made a mistake, they are taking a short timeout from the server and everyone moves on. 

• BlessUp 1
47 minutes ago, Sweet Lou said:

Did it ever cross your mind that you simply just suck ahaha you have a .6 conquest kd I'd recommend wokka cqc or maybe some rdm project depending on the time of day

9 minutes ago, N9ne- said:

Also, @ Fraali if you need a beta testers in the future, I think I know 20 people that can help 🙂❤️

(This is a joke for those who have smooth brains)

Edited by N9ne-
  • Haha 2
Just now, N9ne- said:

Also, @ Fraali if you need a beta testers in the future, I think I know 21 people that can help 🙂❤️

(This is a joke for those who have smooth brains)

I have a feeling some of those beta testers will find a bug and not report it 😂

• Haha 7

It still blows my mind that people dupe/exploit on this server and think they’re gonna get away with it, people always get caught and the punishments have always been harsh.

It’s less common now because most shit has been patched but all these forum posts claiming the punishment was harsh is embarrassing. You’re all just mad you got caught!!!

• BlessUp 4
21 minutes ago, Boovin said:

It still blows my mind that people dupe/exploit on this server and think they’re gonna get away with it, people always get caught and the punishments have always been harsh.

It’s less common now because most shit has been patched but all these forum posts claiming the punishment was harsh is embarrassing. You’re all just mad you got caught!!!

To touch on this, I do not believe anyone was under the mindset that they would not be caught (hence one of the many mistakes/greed parts), if they were, they fall under the smooth brain comment I made above. Also, in no way, shape or form am I mad, I abused it, I was banned and wiped. Simple as that

Edited by N9ne-
  • Like 1

yall are litteraly faggots you got banned for something you and you alone did just because they missed something in an update the dev team didnt make you dupe u chose to stop acting childish and own up to your actions fucking retards

• Like 1
  • +1 2

Ah yes, let people that exploited duplication glitches and tried to hide it from admins/devs. Stay on the server so they can try to find more ways/alternatives. Sounds like a great plan. The server cant get anymore dead really, its arma 3 ffs. It peaks every single day max pop and the lowest players it ever really has is like 40 for like 2 hours at 5-7 am CST. Then it goes back up to like 70, then max. It realistically cant get better than that in this lifetime of A3.

2 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

bro idek what your on about its a server update that the devs did not test enough, but on the other note

IDK if youre the sweetlou from Anzus or what. But this is relying on my thought that you are. The cops on there specifically check EVERY SINGLE HOUSE on there every week. Thats what CID is for they go house to house and file it in a excel sheet with tons of data you wouldnt even begin to imagine it. This happens on every server, honestly with my experience it doesnt happen THAT MUCH on Oly at all. Just dont shoot cops with a RPG, then run straight to your house to store it...

• BlessUp 1

This is literally a crypost cause you are upset that you got caught.

4 hours ago, Donn said:

i would personally like to take the time out of my day to congratulate @ Mako  on single handedly killing olympus, if it weren't for you i believe that oly would still be number 1, i am also very sure the rest of the staff are thanking you right now for your great work helping the community of dirty dupers. even heard @ Grandma Gary  called you very bad words (i cant say bad words) for banning a majority of the most active player base. so thanks 

RIP Olympus, weirdly it was full the other night.

4 hours ago, monster said:

You might actually be retarded.

rare monster W

4 hours ago, codeYeTi said:

I'd like to thank this "majority [minority] of the active player base" for "killing [temporarily harming]" our battlemetrics graphs, and @ Mako for making sure that the remaining players are playing on fair footing.

Based response

4 hours ago, Fraali said:

Regardless, Mako didn't drop our player base, and even though he was the banning staff member, every other staff member would have done relatively  the same. The players who abused a bug to dupe did. Although the bug is due to an oversight on development/testing part, it's not like anyone thought to, y'know, report it instead of abusing it and then crying when they get banned.

Not many people really seem to realize how much time Mako and the rest of us actually dedicate to this server to improve it, and as we don't actually get paid more than peanuts on the hour...  We try to keep things as equal among as many players as we can, but it gets hard when people cheat, exploit, and lie to get what they want

If you don't want to be here, that's on you. Don't cry at us because other people tried to get one over on us.

There is a lot of valid criticism on some members of the staff team, and Mako, but @ Donn 's crying post ain't it, I wouldn't even listen to these clowns.

3 hours ago, Sweet Lou said:

then how do yall miss a whole testing bug, and then blame it on your community when someone got to take the blame. like yall are some fr pussies,  take responsibility for shit bro like dont hide and blame it on other people take responsibility and just say YOU FUCKED UP thats all buddy

Do you see the irony in crying and bitching on the forums that you got punished for breaking the rules, and then telling other people to take responsibility? 

i have it clipped of mako even saying it was "working the first update" but "somehow it was fucked up the second update"

+ a whole 600lb furry as a com manager

It is 100% a piece of shit scumbag mentality when you abuse the fuck out of something then cry when you receive the repercussions and blame everyone but yourself for your own shit behaviour, have some introspection time, classic abuser mentality.

3 hours ago, Fraali said:

If you'd like to try developing something fairly significant in size like the crafting system without any bugs;  Be my guest.

Wow "a whole testing bug"! As opposed to a half bug? In reality, the bug happens with a select few vehicles, and it take quite a bit of time to test a bunch of shit meaning some things WILL get missed in testing. Even AAA games have bugs, some game breaking, some small like this.

In the end, I've never said it WASN'T our fault, not really sure where you're getting that from because I did state that it was due to a development oversight in my comment. That doesn't mean you get to knowingly use an unintended bug to exploit your way to riches.

Common Fraali W

bro, yall had months inbetween how is that not enough time retard

quit the yappin and just understand that you aint the best dev u just mid

"If you'd like to try developing something fairly significant in size like the crafting system without any bugs;  Be my guest."

never had the chance to dev something for this server + i would never want to dev for this shit server

hot head dev/staff members 

and for being a lead dev you shouldnt even talk here u making yourself look retarded

Do you see the irony here in calling other people hot head when you've been on the forums for days thrasing and crying?

• Like 2
  • BlessUp 1