Windows 10 or Windows 11 for gaming?

• Chief of Furry Police

Windows 10 is more stable.  Personally I would stick with 10 at the moment.  With windows 11 I had a weird issue where after every restart I would loose my audio settings. They may of fixed the issue by now.

TLDR stick with 10 unless you are fine with bugs here and there. You can always upgrade to 11 from 10, but not 11 to 10 

• Like 1
  • Admin
1 minute ago, Rexo said:

Windows 10 is more stable.  Personally I would stick with 10 at the moment.  With windows 11 I had a weird issue where after every restart I would loose my audio settings. They may of fixed the issue by now.

TLDR stick with 10 unless you are fine with bugs here and there. You can always upgrade to 11 from 10, but not 11 to 10 

To be fair he had this problem over a year ago. I know many people that have switched to Windows 11 and like it. Most major bugs that I would see online have been resolved. I plan on switching soon. I think @ Doc just switched. 

I got 11 on my gaming laptop, and 10 on my desktop. I do prefer 10 still but that may just be because I’m used to it. Realistically not that many major differences, I would probably ride out windows 10 until you can’t anymore. 

W thread

4 hours ago, TapTap said:

I got 11 on my gaming laptop, and 10 on my desktop. I do prefer 10 still but that may just be because I’m used to it. Realistically not that many major differences, I would probably ride out windows 10 until you can’t anymore. 

Used window 7 until like 2019 and never had any complaints other than updates that i would avoid like the plauge

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Rafa said:

Windows vista 

Fun fact cnc machinery runs off of like windows 99 or some shit lol. so your fancy custom milled parts are made by dinos

Windows 11 is a major step back, they've dumbed down the settings so it's harder for powerusers to fiddle with the settings properly. There's still duplicated settings as in Windows 10. Windows 11 basically requires you to have the .cpl shortcuts in a folder on your desktop to access the proper settings (ike mmsys.cpl).

I think Windows 11 has better support for WSL which means Linux is useless in 2023 though.

13 minutes ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

Fun fact cnc machinery runs off of like windows 99 or some shit lol. so your fancy custom milled parts are made by dinos

Consensual non-consent machinery????? Is that like the drilldo???????

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

No problems with windows 11. May as well get used to it now before 10 goes EOL in October 2025

or start using Linux 🙂 Arma 3 is supported on Linux (woohoo) and the only game you need to play is Arma 3 on Olympus Entertainment - Mecca for Gamers and their Altis Life server 1.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, doubleueyeceekay said:

or start using Linux 🙂 Arma 3 is supported on Linux (woohoo) and the only game you need to play is Arma 3 on Olympus Entertainment - Mecca for Gamers and their Altis Life server 1.

besides hacking into the matrix everytime you wanna play a game it dosent sound too bad might regain a couple braincells in the process

5 minutes ago, FrankieTwinkletoes said:

besides hacking into the matrix everytime you wanna play a game it dosent sound too bad might regain a couple braincells in the process

Nah you rarely need to terminal nowadays after you're all set up if you're running something like Mint