The Ultimate Guide to Maintaining A Healthy Gang:

I was asked some advice today, and it was far from the first time, so I figured I'd type up a little guide based on my experience in this game, others, and life experience to help guide those that might need some tips and advice on how to run a successful gang on Olympus, Mecca for Gamers.  

Feel free to use as much or as little as you want, adapt it to your circumstances. 

Chapter 1.  Chain of Command 

There are two basic types of officers.

R4:  You cannot base this role on anything but personality, mentality, intelligence, and like-mindedness to the r5.  Your r4 should almost never be someone young, as also the r5, if it can be avoided.  It has to be someone that your gang is capable of respecting, with level headedness, and an ability to handle things around the same level you would.  Any disagreements between an r4 and r5 should be discussed between those two in private, and the resulting agreement should be presented as a unified front to the gang.  A second r4 isn't terrible if you have 

R3-R1:  Ranks awarded purely for playing as a gang, remaining loyal, being honest, following rules, and actively playing.  These can be earned and basically handed to anyone who's earned it, as long as there is a agreed upon system/guidance for the r3's when handling wars.  

R0:  Guests:  People who aren't going to be in the gang for long, as you want any long term players able to use the shed.

Chapter 2. Interviews

Always have voice chat interviews with people you're recruiting.  This isn't MI-6 the CIA, or even McDonald's.  There's only two reasons to interview. 

The first, is, you yourself, and the rest of your gang are going to be in voice chat with this person for an extended period of time.  Is that going to suck?   Are they annoying?   You can be nice about it, but if someone is socially going to make your vc a shitty place to be, then they gotta go.  Just say you'll consider them and leave it at that if needs be.  Recruiting people who make other people want to quit defeats the purpose. 

The second, is making sure they're not trying to troll/grotty gang you, which sounds like it would really be impossible to find out, but usually the types of people who do it give it away a lot more than they realize.  Due to knowing they're lying, they either get really nice to play a happy sarcastic character, or go the opposite direction and make dickish jokes during the interview. 

Honestly, at a bare minimum you should be rejecting at least 25% of applicants, probably closer to 50%.  

Zerg recruiting is a ticking time bomb that creates a huge influx of people that implodes and everyone of value goes to a less annoying atmosphere leaving behind the worst and most unbearable players.  Grow slow, and carefully, and it would be a lot sturdier foundation.  

Chapter 3. Shared Authority

As a way of investing your gang into their own autonomy, allow voting on certain things.  Give valid means and rights for the population as a whole to have some say over the gang's policies such as wars, event attendance, gangshed purchases/moves, ect.  

People typically have a lot less gripe with governing structures when they have a say in the decision making process, and is handled very easily with the correct tags and discord channels set up separately to discuss it, and a react only channel to vote.  

Chapter 4. Code of Conduct

Who you are as a gang is important to has a ruleset that represents who you are to the server as people, so that your gang is held to a standard of behavior.  

If you want to be scummy, and let your gang behave however to other gangs and people, that is an option, but it will often give everyone a bad impression of your gang and cause people to gang up on you.  

If you allow your gang to be rampant server rulebreakers, then you create an atmosphere where staff will have it out for your whole gang and punish you more harshly when you make a mistake.  

Example:  Ctf's motto was "come as you are."  CTF wasn't allowed to pretend to be friends with someone and then turn around and rob them, and wasn't allowed to scam people.  Our word was our bond, and that was our reputation.  

Chapter 5.  Gang Shed Management

The easiest way to manage a gang shed is to forbid anyone from storing any processed goods inside of it.  Encourage your gang to get houses nearby for processed, do single runs from unprocessed out of it.  Make filling up the gangshed a regular activity, and everyone can use it without keeping track.  Tax people who use it without filling it for some vans and box trucks to the gang garage.  

If you attempt to allow your gangmates to store processed in there, even if there are no thieves, it will ALWAYS end up in a fight.  Once you have a populated gang, you cannot keep anything but unprocessed goods in the shed.  Some people just have personalities where they 'feel like' they did more than they did, and they'll take more or think some is missing.  Just avoid that.  

Chapter 6.  Presence and Planning

You're a leader.   Leadership is important.  It's not some abstract concept, and you weren't chosen by god.  It's just a job.

That being said, leading your people in a fight, if you win, builds their trust in you.  Losing, if it feels like it was because of your decisions, erodes that trust.

Think hard, be smart, and plan your fights accordingly.  You will make mistakes but learn lessons, and your gang mates will look forward to you clearing comms and streamlining the process of exploding heads.  Don't be cocky, don't be bossy.... earn every inch of respect, and only wield it when you need to.

As an r5, people look to your spot.  If you disappear from the gang, or go inactive, your gang will die off.  It doesn't matter who your r4 is, if they aren't r5, your gang starts to die.  Without an active r5 people feel like a gang doesn't have a future.  If you have to leave, and you want the gang to survive, you gotta pass the reigns.  

I could say a lot more than this but this is just kind of a hodgepodge of shit people have asked me about this last year I've said, and I figured I'd share.   I know people gonna hate this, not a lot still reading.  I know you are still reading Grandma Gary...  and you need to give Wilhelm his ghosthawk madude.  Mako 1v1 me in league.   I really feel like this one thing might get me back down below -200.  Let's see. 

• Like 3
  • STFU 5
19 minutes ago, Linka said:

@ Rexo  @ Xlax  @ Ryan  

me and @ ScreaM are open to questions at any time 

Sir, just because you slightly predate the CTF means nothing in the grand scheme of things because the CTF is where the history books were written.  Sir.  

I would like to take this time to apologize to all the people with irl ctf tattoos that i disbanded the gang without consulting them, but in the end it was for the best. 

12 minutes ago, proud said:

for all new people i wouldnt even take the time reading this advice, especially because the one giving it is hot ass at the video game

its arma its not that serious, have some fun

You think milsim command structure is a joke, son?

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Panda 🙂 said:

How much sov gets under you guy’s skin honestly makes me cringe more than the post she writes because it is obvious she’s trying to get a reaction and you guys fall for it every time.

No she’s actually just this stupid 

• Like 1
  • +1 2

I mean, I just find it crazy how someone has so much free time and nothing to do to write dumb shit like this in 2023... like, think about it, there are already gangs, and everyone runs the way they run, I just want to know, what else do you do in your free 24 hours every day besides Olympus forums & discord? 
It's a genuine question, I'm not trying to be toxic to you in any way at all and I'm looking forward to your answer.

7 hours ago, Clash said:

It doesn’t even play the sever anymore all this information is useless

Always happy to please a fan.

6 hours ago, Panda 🙂 said:

How much sov gets under you guy’s skin honestly makes me cringe more than the post she writes because it is obvious she’s trying to get a reaction and you guys fall for it every time.

The superpower is I can tell them.  I can literally write it in... and they will just get angry and lash out about it because they want everything to be sincere so they can lob all the anger at me.   Girls at school avoid them.  Their dads leave.  They just wait for sov posts to vent it all.  

6 hours ago, Clash said:

No she’s actually just this stupid 

You were caught and never should have been unbanned.   You cheated at  9 year old milsim.  Spent hard earned irl money to try to trick people into thinking you can move your mouse good in a decade old milsim because you're THAT desperate and thirsty for validation.   Sad... sad... story your life is. 

4 hours ago, xanx said:

I mean, I just find it crazy how someone has so much free time and nothing to do to write dumb shit like this in 2023... like, think about it, there are already gangs, and everyone runs the way they run, I just want to know, what else do you do in your free 24 hours every day besides Olympus forums & discord? 
It's a genuine question, I'm not trying to be toxic to you in any way at all and I'm looking forward to your answer.

Bro dont even... last time you came at me you had to get staff members to start deleting threads because you got so emotional.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
6 hours ago, xanx said:

I literally work.  This is like my first post in over a week on here.  You've posted more than I have and wanna try to call me out for 'posting all day every day' because of like one post in a week or whatever.  It's weird bruh.  

And when I post I don't have to cry to staff to delete posts cause people are being mean to me lmmfao.   That's the saddest most beta shit imaginable. 

• Downvote 1
11 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Sir, just because you slightly predate the CTF means nothing in the grand scheme of things because the CTF is where the history books were written.  Sir.  

I would like to take this time to apologize to all the people with irl ctf tattoos that i disbanded the gang without consulting them, but in the end it was for the best. 

I can’t read

This is actually a very informative post and provides a perspective that only making these kinds of mistakes can bring you in terms of experience. I started my gang in March of this year and most of these lessons you will have to learn as a new gang one way or another.

• Love 1
  • STFU 1