All Medic's In General (Very Important And Needs To Be Adressed)

So, I've been noticing lately, any rank medic no matter what they're doing will not respond in side chat, like i've had multiple incidents today where I will say Medic ETA? in sidechat multiple MULTIPLE times and I get no response, I understand you may have some other fucking people you are responding to (revives) but I feel it needs to be a rule or atleast be adressed that medics need to respond in sidechat and keep the dead patients up to date, because as I've said, me and my friends die a good amount of time from whatever it may be, and the medics NEVER respond to what we ask in sidechat. There's also been times when I get denied services for *Trolling* when i'm asking a simple question and they're not doing their job, it's just really getting annoying and putting a bad reputation on the medics.

Thank You,

Natsirt

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
19 minutes ago, Natsirt said:

So, I've been noticing lately, any rank medic no matter what they're doing will not respond in side chat, like i've had multiple incidents today where I will say Medic ETA? in sidechat multiple MULTIPLE times and I get no response, I understand you may have some other fucking people you are responding to (revives) but I feel it needs to be a rule or atleast be adressed that medics need to respond in sidechat and keep the dead patients up to date, because as I've said, me and my friends die a good amount of time from whatever it may be, and the medics NEVER respond to what we ask in sidechat. There's also been times when I get denied services for *Trolling* when i'm asking a simple question and they're not doing their job, it's just really getting annoying and putting a bad reputation on the medics.

Thank You,

Natsirt

C'mon, Tristan. It's sort of hard to type in side chat when you're barreling down the road at Formula 1 speeds or when you're flying a few metres above the water at, again, Formula 1 speeds. Furthermore, Dezree's already said that it's not required of the medics to keep their patients informed. It's only a courtesy. It's a nonissue in my opinion. I too have my gripes with R&R, but I'll not voice them as it's not my business. 

• Like 4
  • Admin

Refrain from asking in side-chat then.  I don't give an ETA myself. I do tell them OMW. All I do. And we are not obligated to do so but some of us do out of courtesy. 

• Like 1

We've had this conversation in the medic forums a few weeks ago about whether or not we have to turn on sidechat or not. So to make it clear, I'll just reiterate what I said.

Side chat is NOT required for medics. We are not required to send an ETA. It is a courtesy to let people know you're coming. Just because you don't give them an ETA, doesn't mean that you're not coming. I hardly ever send an ETA because I'm flying 5-10m above the ground going 350kph and I don't want to crash. I will get to them as quickly as possible and people need to have the common sense to know that. Yes, it's nice to let people know you're coming, but you are not obligated to send it. Most of the time it just pisses me off when people continuously bug me over side chat and/or private message. Oftentimes I'll just type in sidechat "OMW" or "Soon" or "Eventually". I hardly ever give time in minutes because if I'm going to a call, I don't know what's going to happen and I might be held up. I don't want someone expecting me to be there in 2 minutes when it turns out to be 5 or 6 because someone was keeping me from doing my job. In addition, most, not all, will start bitching at medics for being slow over side chat. In all honesty, it pisses me off and oftentimes makes me not want to go to them. But I still do and as fast as possible.

Also, when we give ETAs, it lets your killer know we are coming and how long they should wait around, only when we get there to have them tell us not to revive you. It also broadcasts to the entire server that someone has died and a medic is responding to you. People oftentimes take advantage of this. Patience is a virtue, one only a few seem to possess. We will ALWAYS do our job when we are on-duty. There are times when we CAN'T do our jobs and examples of this are as follows: Someone has threatened our lives and ordered us not to revive you, we have NLR so we can't respond to your area, or you are denied services as is outlined in Chapter 2 of the R&R Handbook. Sometimes, medics will send you a text to let you know we're coming so that we don't broadcast it to the world.

We do hate it when people continuously spam ETA in sidechat, but if you do it once and are respectful about it, we might respond. It's up to the individual medic about whether or not they want to give an ETA.

Just be patient, and we will get to you when we can.

• Like 3

maybe you should bring up APD not bothering responding when a medic needs help istead of going of on medics that have+4 calls they have to take care of and 5/8 people crying about a eta in sidechat mostly i ignore sidechat because of people like you that thinks its alright to spam eta even when we are getting shot at instead of complaining about the people thats trying to save your ass you could try to let them do there job so they don't have to waste their time on sidechat bitching

i my self find it hard to send a eta because im flying with a flight controller and everytime i try to type i lose all throttle and start going down and im not losing my heli because you are acting like a spoiled kid

• Like 3

When people ask for an ETA is slows down the response times for everyone waiting for a medic. We do not only cater to one person. We usually have 3 active calls at any given time so it disrupts us when we receive side chat messages asking for an ETA and we have to reply. Instead of getting to you in that time period you have to wait an extra 2-3 minutes because your ETA message made a medic slow down so he could tell you he isn't there yet    -______-

If you request a medic sit patiently and wait for the medic to get to you. If your timer is up before a medic could get to you then re-request or re-spawn. If you choose to re-spawn before your timer is up then that is considered combat logging as most people are aware.

• Like 2

I don't give a fuck if they should or shouldn't, reviving the whole server or not, I don't care it's disrespectful to fucking ignore patients much less telling them i'm denying your services for trolling because you ask ETA, all i'm trying to say is that medics need to pay attention to side chat, I can care less if you are 50km away or 1km away it's annoying when we ask eta or what's going on medic they don't respond, and that goes for all medics, I'm tired of hearing it be complained about so I thought I would express it to everyone.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 7

Like everyone else here has said , from my experience (most) medics dislike it when you spam for an ETA. If a medic isn't moving assume that they are in active RP/ active scenario. Don't start spamming medics, or even pming medics, like tman said, it's only going to slow down the medic. I feel like the only good time to ask a medic over side is if you are on maybe your 3rd request (3rd time after time ran out). Just be patient , you aren't the only call.

I understand that they don't like responding to the patients and they have multiple calls it's just disgusting seeing them not responding to us, while they're reviving someone they can reply, it's just better to know if they're coming or not, eta, or whatever, but when I get nothing back it makes me want to kill a small child.

12 minutes ago, Natsirt said:

I understand that they don't like responding to the patients and they have multiple calls it's just disgusting seeing them not responding to us, while they're reviving someone they can reply, it's just better to know if they're coming or not, eta, or whatever, but when I get nothing back it makes me want to kill a small child.

Plenty of people have explained why its a nuisance to reply to side chat messages and your just ignoring what everyone is saying. Big surprise.... 

14 minutes ago, Natsirt said:

Kill a small child? You should see a doc irl about that.

We understand how frustrating it can be to wait. We understand you might be angry at us, but in reality, you're angry at yourself. While you lay there dead, you might be missing out on some action, you might lose a load out. While you lay there dead, you continuously berate yourself on how you got in that position. Someone beat you to it. Someone won that fight. Get used to it. It happens. You pester us with ETAs because you want to get revenge. Maybe you're just an impatient person who doesn't want to wait around. You continuously think about what you could have done differently so that you came out on top. Don't take your impatient anger out on the medics who are trying to get there as soon as possible; who are trying to do their job.

50 minutes ago, Natsirt said:

I don't give a fuck if they should or shouldn't, reviving the whole server or not, I don't care it's disrespectful to fucking ignore patients much less telling them i'm denying your services for trolling because you ask ETA, all i'm trying to say is that medics need to pay attention to side chat, I can care less if you are 50km away or 1km away it's annoying when we ask eta or what's going on medic they don't respond, and that goes for all medics, I'm tired of hearing it be complained about so I thought I would express it to everyone.

If we were ignoring you, we wouldn't come and revive you. It's not a pick and choose job. We will get to everyone in their time. Each call is unique, and some take longer than others. However, if a medic is denying you services improperly, you need to message one of us privately, not accuse us all for the actions of one.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Dezree said:

We understand how frustrating it can be to wait. We understand you might be angry at us, but in reality, you're angry at yourself. While you lay there dead, you might be missing out on some action, you might lose a load out. While you lay there dead, you continuously berate yourself on how you got in that position. Someone beat you to it. Someone won that fight. Get used to it. It happens. You pester us with ETAs because you want to get revenge. Maybe you're just an impatient person who doesn't want to wait around. You continuously think about what you could have done differently so that you came out on top. Don't take your impatient anger out on the medics who are trying to get there as soon as possible; who are trying to do their job.

Mind Blown :blink: