Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

Should Cops be able to be tazed and restrained?

Should Cops be able to be tazed and restrained?   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should Cops be able to be tazed and restrained?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Sociopathic said:

When you tag the wrong @G.O.A.T.

Cops being able to be tazed and restrained is bullshit, should not be allowed at all. You can outnumber cops 3:1 if you really want them to surrender, but you shouldn't be able to taze and restrain them, Taze a cop then surround him when he/she is down instead of having the ability to restrain them.

Cops can taze, so why can't civs?

Literally makes no difference apart from, ones whitelisted, one isn't. They both have same rules to follow. 

It's unbelievable how many people are disagreeing with being able to be tazed; while being the same people who taze others.

Cops taze civs: sure

Civs taze cops: no

Doesn't make sense, why should you be immune to being tazed?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Eazy said:

Literally makes no difference apart from, ones whitelisted, one isn't. They both have same rules to follow. 

It's unbelievable how many people are disagreeing with being able to be tazed; while being the same people who taze others.

Civs break rules, they get a ban then are back at it after a few days, cops do it, they get demoted, removed, and/or blacklisted.

4 hours ago, reno walkins said:

by actually doing something, anything is possible.

Fantastic logic haha. Clearly you have no idea how unbalanced Fed events are currently. The rebels are basically getting free gold and gear and cops can do practically nothing to stop them. I understand a lot of people that play as a rebel like winning and they don't believe Fed events are broken. Rebels don't want any rules preventing them from getting their free spoils so most of them are going to be biased and pretend like this shit is perfectly fine even though they know there is a clear advantage.

Cops may as well pull a ghost hawk on wave three and shoot at anything that moves.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sociopathic said:

Civs break rules, they get a ban then are back at it after a few days, cops do it, they get demoted, removed, and/or blacklisted.

Want to know a difference between Cops and Civ?

You're whitelisted. You're (from what I have been told so far here on Olympus) meant to represent the server, you are meant to know the rules. So it makes complete sense.

A civ, most likely new to olympus, or maybe arma in general, SHOULD know the rules, but they aren't completely entrusted to follow rules all the time. 

TL;DR

You're whitelisted, they ain't.

4 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

Fantastic logic haha. Clearly you have no idea how unbalanced Fed events are currently. The rebels are basically getting free gold and gear and cops can do practically nothing to stop them. I understand a lot of people that play as a rebel like winning and they don't believe Fed events are broken. Rebels don't want any rules preventing them from getting their free spoils so most of them are going to be biased and pretend like this shit is perfectly fine even though they know there is a clear advantage.

Cops may as well pull a ghost hawk on wave three and shoot at anything that moves.

An easy way to balance the feds, have two of the deerstands (at random) start as blown up. Rebels have less defence, cops have it easier.  

13 minutes ago, Eazy said:

You are exactly right. It physically doesn't make sense that civs couldn't restrain cops.

I just think that it shouldn't be allowed at a federal event.

There is a reason that people hate it. It doesn't fit in with real logic. The whole point of several waves is to simulate a real, large police force

With the cops getting tazed and restrained, you can't simulate that. Cheating that system. It suddenly doesn't become a battle of attrition and rather it becomes a battle of who can taze each other first. Five Patrol Officers with paper thin armor that hardly know each other compared to 5 better geared rebels with knowledge of each other (better chemistry) and playing the defensive? Rebels are going to win 9 times out of 10. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tman15tmb said:

to be fair, and show an example. cops right now don't use tatics. I just wiped 5 cops at a gas station robbery because they don't play cover and run in the open. I didn't move from my spot.

2 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

You are exactly right. It physically doesn't make sense that civs couldn't restrain cops.

There is a reason that people hate it. It doesn't fit in with real logic. The whole point of several waves is to simulate a real, large police force

With the cops getting tazed and restrained, you can't simulate that. Cheating that system. It suddenly doesn't become a battle of attrition and rather it becomes a battle of who can taze each other first. Five Patrol Officers with paper thin armor that hardly know each other compared to 5 better geared rebels with knowledge of each other (better chemistry) and playing the defensive? Rebels are going to win 9 times out of 10. 

Yeah restraining cops at feds does seem OP. 

A simple Win Win for both sides, is a max amount of cops that could be restrained at BW, FEDS etc.

Maybe, 1/3 of the cops online?

So if theres 15 cops, you can have a max of 5.

Or alternatively, you could just cap it at 3 cops no matter what. This means rebels could be tactical about who the get in restraints. The only guy online who can pull ghosthawks, the best cop players etc. Tonnes of things could come into play.

Seems like a Win:Win on both sides.

• Like 2
Guest Excision
1 hour ago, G.O.A.T. said:

85d8e40c1035e88c8748e8243d478552.jpg

much balance 5 me

Ill tell you the back story, 5-7 cops all slammed on one tower and lil bill tazed ALL of them, not because its over powerd but because cops don't value their life all they do is slam a wall and rush the tower if they die they die if u cant get one person with a spar-16 and there is 5 of you then that's your own fault.

Guest Excision
1 minute ago, Jesse said:

Exactly... Cops need to work on using tactics... Not throwing shit and hoping it sticks.

True story.

ayy jesse just wanted to let you know when this blackwater was happening about every single cop in that channel was calling you a shit developer for adding this feature :)

3 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Exactly... Cops need to work on using tactics... Not throwing shit and hoping it sticks.

True story.

1 minute ago, Excision said:

ayy jesse just wanted to let you know when this blackwater was happening about every single cop in that channel was calling you a shit developer for adding this feature :)

:SwiftRage:

17 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Wow almost like that's a bullshit scenario cause nowadays there's like 13 cops on all the time, usually including a sAPD who pulls a (buffed) ghost hawk at any chance they have. 

1 minute ago, Berg02 said:

Wow almost like that's a bullshit scenario cause nowadays there's like 13 cops on all the time, usually including a sAPD who pulls a (buffed) ghost hawk at any chance they have. 

Would you like if the scenario was 13 cops vs 13 rebels? Rebels still going to win 8/10 times if I am just replacing the number of both of them.

If there is knowledge of sAPD online then why would you hesitate to have someone bring a titan to the federal event too? Also my scenario was the cops getting tased. If the sAPD member gets tased then he must have some sort of magic if he is pulling a ghosthawk all the way in the middle of the fed compound. 

Just as the APD need to learn tactics, so do the rebels too. 

17 minutes ago, Excision said:

What makes him a shit developer? His code clearly works

• Like 1

My biggest problem with cops being restrained at Fed events is that you take out the simulated police back up units. By restraining cops and limiting their numbers you are basically making it where only a few cops can respond to the situation compared to the large number of cops that should be responding. Unless we can somehow spawn in OP AI that simulates a greater police presence I don't see Fed robberies being a difficult task for rebels. It should be a challenge to break into a Federal building. Currently there is no challenge. Armory spoils and gold bars should not be free for the taking. 

• Like 1

The problem here is that when you are countering a jail,fed or blackwater on cop the waves decrease immensely. You go from 1 cop restrained on wave 1 to 9 restrained on wave 3. You only have 2 officers left to respond in waves. This in my opinion makes wave rule in these situations another cripple. I AM NOT SAYING REMOVE WAVE RULE. I just think that this is more of a cripple on the apd than intended. It is no longer a fight when 5 out of the 8 cops online are restrained in a fed. The odds of winning the fight just go downhill every time an officer is tazed.

26 minutes ago, Lil Bill said:

its amazing to counter the cops and the cops want it removed already its fucking bullshit we restrain one cop and they can all come back with lethals its fair

Deputy's and PO's which is the brunt of the force do not have access to lethals. In a normal Fed situation you would be lucky to have 4 corporals and maybe one sergeant. You would be high off your own ass if you think that out of 15 or so cops only five of them having a lethal option is fair.

6 minutes ago, Lil Bill said:

maybe the cops should get a little better?

You're comment is amazing like always..

"Oh shit someone holds a valid point! I better comback with a contructive comment." "Get Better Scrub!" "There, that should make it so I sound intelligent." -_____-

• Like 3

Cops restrain us , we restrain them ,not our problem you can't dodge dem bullets. Legit cops, y do u need so much shit so you can taze us  . If you get restrained, deal with it just like we do . and we get tazed and have 20 k bounty , prepare to wait 30 min in jail for 200 k bounty,that's y I think it shouldn't be easy for cops and should be a challenge for both sides either lethal or taze 

1 minute ago, Emad said:

Cops restrain us , we restrain them ,not our problem you can't dodge dem bullets. Legit cops, y do u need so much shit so you can taze us  . If you get restrained, deal with it just like we do . and we get tazed and have 20 k bounty , prepare to wait 30 min in jail for 200 k bounty,that's y I think it shouldn't be easy for cops and should be a challenge for both sides either lethal or taze 

But the problem is, every fed and blackwater since this has been released has been a success pretty much because it is impossible for cops and a walk in fucking Central Park. If civs bring takers, they'll win unless multiple Sr's get on.

4 minutes ago, DANGUSDEAN said:

But the problem is, every fed and blackwater since this has been released has been a success pretty much because it is impossible for cops and a walk in fucking Central Park. If civs bring takers, they'll win unless multiple Sr's get on.

Only take 2-3 cops as hostage ?

2 minutes ago, Emad said:

Again, you are failing to realize that Feds should not be easy. Everytime you taze and restrain a cop in a situation like a Fed where back up waves are simulated you are taking out the necessary police presence. If you break into a Fed there should be 50 or more cops responding to that situation, not less than 25. Feds were never meant to be easy and I understand you hold a heavy biased opinion because you preciate the fact that the APD is broken in Fed situations. The nature of it is that these issues need to be balanced out.