Bigger Window to Confess.

Oh well if I get slammed for this or it gets deleted or locked.

I feel as if the people who used the exploit should've got a bigger window to turn ourself's in. The time the impound yard dupe was a thing, they received a warning to confess and get less harsh of a ban. I feel as this exploit was not as bad so why should we get punished the same will less of a window to confess for a smaller exploit. Most people who did the exploit did it very early in the morning so most of us were sleeping from staying up so late. All I ask is for some of us to get less of a ban than a perm. 

• Like 5
Just now, Quinton said:

I mean, just wipe the account and let us start over, we all love Olympus and enjoy playing of the server. Yeah we fucked up but in fairness to how many people did it, the punishment shoud've been less harsh.

cunt u had to have known you were exploiting dont be a retard cy@ buddy

• Admin
12 minutes ago, Quinton said:

Oh well if I get slammed for this or it gets deleted or locked.

I feel as if the people who used the exploit should've got a bigger window to turn ourself's in. The time the impound yard dupe was a thing, they received a warning to confess and get less harsh of a ban. I feel as this exploit was not as bad so why should we get punished the same will less of a window to confess for a smaller exploit. Most people who did the exploit did it very early in the morning so most of us were sleeping from staying up so late. All I ask is for some of us to get less of a ban than a perm. 

Whenever that window was placed, we made it clear to everyone what to do in exploiting situations. You just confirmed that you did see that warning back then and still chose to abuse something without speaking up. The only way to not get caught up is to NOT EXPLOIT. We arent going to give everyone a window to turn them self in everytime we suspect or find a dupe/exploit. If you find an exploit, you are to speak up about it and/or do not do it again after you figure it out. If you dont do those things, you can only blame yourself.

• Like 2
Just now, Dante Fleury said:

Whenever that window was placed, we made it clear to everyone what to do in exploiting situations. You just confirmed that you did see that warning back then and still chose to abuse something without speaking up. The only way to not get caught up is to NOT EXPLOIT. We arent going to give everyone a window to turn them self in everytime we suspect or find a dupe/exploit. If you find an exploit, you are to speak up about it and/or do not do it again after you figure it out. If you dont do those things, you can only blame yourself.

Yeah, but the window for people to show the exploit to someone was so small no one got the chance because we are all permed without a chance to do anything about it. It's not our faults the hunters had infinite storage, we didn't have to do any sort of black magic to do the exploit so why should we get hit with a perm for something that was in the server. Yeah, we should've done it, but why didn't any people besides a very few get a chance to confess and get there ban removed, because if no bans were issued for 24 hours and no warning to confess you could've seen how many people TRULY would've confessed than just tried too when they got hit with a ban. Most people who would've turned themselfs in were either asleep or doing things IRL.

2 minutes ago, Quinton said:

Yeah, but the window for people to show the exploit to someone was so small no one got the chance because we are all permed without a chance to do anything about it. It's not our faults the hunters had infinite storage, we didn't have to do any sort of black magic to do the exploit so why should we get hit with a perm for something that was in the server. Yeah, we should've done it, but why didn't any people besides a very few get a chance to confess and get there ban removed, because if no bans were issued for 24 hours and no warning to confess you could've seen how many people TRULY would've confessed than just tried too when they got hit with a ban. Most people who would've turned themselfs in were either asleep or doing things IRL.

You knew what you were doing was bad, whether you were gonna fess up to it or not isn't relevant. You made the choice to do something that was quite obviously an exploit and you paid the price whether you'd want to give yourself up or not

I love how the people who exploited are like "We didn't do anything to make the hunters have infinite storage!" Yeah, cause that was clearly meant to be there. "We should have had longer to come clean with what we did" Well, How about just not exploit mate?

Is that hard? Like, if you find an exploit and don't wanna report it, Idgaf, but if you abuse it, then you deserved to catch them hands.

I hope these perms stay permanent.

good job to all the staff involved, reading logs is a bitch.

2 minutes ago, Excision said:

Uhhhhhh what was this exploit?

Hunters had infinite Y storage.

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So lets take a minute to evaluate what you're saying here...

You feel staff should just potentially wait to see if you turn yourself in after having a moral compass change. If you don't have a change of heart, chances are you'd just keep doing the exploit again and again. Like tons of people did with the impound yard. If you're found to be exploiting. We're not gonna wait for you to come clean or wait and see if you do it more times. If we waited more people would slip through, send money to random people, funnel it around different accounts and gang banks.

YOU HAD A TIME TO COME CLEAN. Roughly the 30 seconds after you discovered, wow I can fill this past the 50 trunk space it had when I bought it... Many instead however decided... "Hey, I'm gonna use this as a big fucking truck or help my buddies abuse the exploit". Also, from what I know, no one was live banned. You probably had a good 5-15 minutes after you discovered it to come clean too. However, no one did.

No one was banned for doing nothing... Everyone who was banned had knowledge of the exploit and may not have profited directly, however you probably helped someone else profit. Which is still abusing an exploit and not notifying staff.

76a3d3cd6db895f4f020bc71443dc67b.png
So you feel that Hunters going from having inventory space maxed at 50 when purchased to all of a sudden having infinite when not available was intended by me? You feel that a max weight of "Scalar NaN" was it's intended weight?

If history tells us anything... No one would've confessed 24hrs later. Probably not even 5 days later. Most people weren't sleeping or doing things when they were exploiting it or processing it or storing it. There was plently of time clearly for them to send a PM saying "Hey, I found this exploit. <explain exploit> I abused it, I feel wrong. I dumped whatever or removed the stuff. Or can you remove it from my account." <- Took a whole 15 seconds to type... I'm sure you had time..

How not to get banned when finding an exploit/bug/issue/non-exploit/whatever the fuck you want to call it but it's probably an exploit:
Find Exploit -> Record it if possible -> Don't continue to do -> Don't profit from it -> Report it to Developers/Admins -> Don't spread/tell to rest of community/friends to minimize impact on servers & other players.

Couldn't have explained the situation any better. 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jesse said:

So lets take a minute to evaluate what you're saying here...

You feel staff should just potentially wait to see if you turn yourself in after having a moral compass change. If you don't have a change of heart, chances are you'd just keep doing the exploit again and again. Like tons of people did with the impound yard. If you're found to be exploiting. We're not gonna wait for you to come clean or wait and see if you do it more times. If we waited more people would slip through, send money to random people, funnel it around different accounts and gang banks.

YOU HAD A TIME TO COME CLEAN. Roughly the 30 seconds after you discovered, wow I can fill this past the 50 trunk space it had when I bought it... Many instead however decided... "Hey, I'm gonna use this as a big fucking truck or help my buddies abuse the exploit". Also, from what I know, no one was live banned. You probably had a good 5-15 minutes after you discovered it to come clean too. However, no one did.

No one was banned for doing nothing... Everyone who was banned had knowledge of the exploit and may not have profited directly, however you probably helped someone else profit. Which is still abusing an exploit and not notifying staff.

76a3d3cd6db895f4f020bc71443dc67b.png
So you feel that Hunters going from having inventory space maxed at 50 when purchased to all of a sudden having infinite when not available was intended by me? You feel that a max weight of "Scalar NaN" was it's intended weight?

If history tells us anything... No one would've confessed 24hrs later. Probably not even 5 days later. Most people weren't sleeping or doing things when they were exploiting it or processing it or storing it. There was plently of time clearly for them to send a PM saying "Hey, I found this exploit. <explain exploit> I abused it, I feel wrong. I dumped whatever or removed the stuff. Or can you remove it from my account." <- Took a whole 15 seconds to type... I'm sure you had time..

How not to get banned when finding an exploit/bug/issue/non-exploit/whatever the fuck you want to call it but it's probably an exploit:
Find Exploit -> Record it if possible -> Don't continue to do -> Don't profit from it -> Report it to Developers/Admins -> Don't spread/tell to rest of community/friends to minimize impact on servers & other players.

I'm not saying it was your intentions or fault for making the hunters with unlimited space, but it's not like we went through a bunch of hoops to use the exploit. Also I was saying the time to turn yourself in should have been a bit longer than maybe an hour. It's not like you can't just wipe the accounts of the people who did it and give them a lesser ban than a perm. If it was like storing inv in the hunter then alt f4ing then coming back in with a bugged inv than I'd see a perm there, but not something as small as this. Like I've stated the impound yard was much bigger and was around a lot longer than how many people used the hunter, we all should've gotten a chance after this was spread around. The people who confessed with the impound yard knew what they were doing and didn't receive a perm. So why with a small exploit with a smaller amount of people get permed? 

I don't understand this notion that people got a window of opportunity to turn themselves in from the medic exploit.

Looking at the updates & announcement section, I see this thread here:

And then the day after there is this one:

Where is this mythical window of opportunity that we gave for the medic exploit???

We don't give a window. When we uncover the potential for a massive exploit/dupe, we keep it very tight lipped and many of our staff members jump in to help each other and collectively use each others skillsets to find what was done, how much money was made, who did it, etc. Once we have all the information we think is out there to be found from the logs, we issue the bans in a "wave" all at once.

After the medic exploit, we made the post "To whom it may concern" which was the warning you admitted to already reading in this thread. We don't give windows of opportunity to confess before we issue the bans. Like Jesse said, you had your chance when you discovered it, you already made your decision. And now you have to accept the consequences.

• Admin

I am baffled that some of my guys did this as well. It is embarrassing. It wasn't the OG's though. Just the new ones. 

Whoever did it and profited from it had no intentions of turning themselves in and are only doing so now because they got what they deserved.

Honestly? You fucked your own ass with a cactus. 

• Like 2