MK1 VS MK18

EVEN AFTER TESTING AND USING THE GUNS FOR YEARS I STILL CANT DECIDE

I dont know if the stats on regular arma are the same with olmypus but I would like to know all the differences between the mk1 and mk18

ive used both and heard mix thoughts about them but i am trying to find out which one is truly better

Ive created a chart to see what I thought of the 2

Fire rate - mk18

Bullet damage - Tie

Price - mk18

Recoil - MK1

pen damage - MK1

reload speed - Tie

CQC potential - mk18

Long rang potential - MK1

sound ( slience ) - mk18

looks, weight accessibility - MK1

overall

mk1 = 6 points

mk18 = 6 points

11 minutes ago, DeadPool said:

I thought mk18 did more pen and the mk1 was more accurate 

Mk1 has higher bullet velocity which makes it have a flatter trajectory and higher penetration. This is why it's the best to use for longer range engagements.

Mk18 easily has the edge in CQC with its higher fire rate.

4 minutes ago, McDili said:

Mk1 has higher bullet velocity which makes it have a flatter trajectory and higher penetration. This is why it's the best to use for longer range engagements.

Rip wasted so much time and money on the mk 18

I'm a MK1 type of guy - used the MK18 a whole lot when the MK18 and Rahim were the only 7.62 on the server... i just feel the higher velocity + lower recoil far makes up for the faster fire rate of the MK18... (if i want a CQC gun i usually for for the AK-12 for the high fire rate, 30 rd mag, virtually no recoil.)

57 minutes ago, MAVE2ICK said:

I'm a MK1 type of guy - used the MK18 a whole lot when the MK18 and Rahim were the only 7.62 on the server... i just feel the higher velocity + lower recoil far makes up for the faster fire rate of the MK18... (if i want a CQC gun i usually for for the AK-12 for the high fire rate, 30 rd mag, virtually no recoil.)

Yeah but the ak couldn’t shoot through a tissue box

7 hours ago, McDili said:

The mk18 is more accurate than the mk1 at long range

6 hours ago, Benjamin Remer said:

The mk18 is more accurate than the mk1 at long range

Far as I can tell all the bullets go straight. Unless you're referring to gun sway, which is not accuracy.

Just now, moonwalk2468 said:

has that been tested?

I mean, just speaking from my own experience of what it feels like. Test it in editor if you wanna see for yourself.

13 hours ago, DeadPool said:

Rip wasted so much time and money on the mk 18

13 hours ago, McDili said:

another thing i consider is when  buying and using a gun is price. MK18 is cheaper and yes, better at cqc firing fast. however i have had more double kills and triples with the mk1 because of the slower fire rate allowing me to save more bullets without reloading. mk18 and mk1 long range is half half and justifiable.

The real question lies mk1 having easier recoil and better ifrit pen. but being slower and more expensive. On top of that yes the mk18 has a little less sway in long ranges

1 minute ago, McDili said:

Far as I can tell all the bullets go straight. Unless you're referring to gun sway, which is not accuracy.

I mean, just speaking from my own experience of what it feels like. Test it in editor if you wanna see for yourself.

id like to see if you dont mind

1 minute ago, McDili said:

also is mk18 nerfed on Olympus? 

12 minutes ago, McDili said:

I'm talking about where the bullet lands, with the mk1 you have to aim higher. For ex: If your shooting someone who is 1km out your gonna have to aim somewhere around 930m. But with mk18 you don't have that problem

16 minutes ago, moonwalk2468 said:

also is mk18 nerfed on Olympus? 

No, we don't change anything with the gun damage. The only damage handlers we have are for Ghosthawks and Armed Hurons when hit with bullets, and Titans vs all Helis. That's off the top of my head anyway.

1 minute ago, Benjamin Remer said:

I'm talking about where the bullet lands, with the mk1 you have to aim higher. For ex: If your shooting someone who is 1km out your gonna have to aim somewhere around 930m. But with mk18 you don't have that problem

Doesn't really make sense because the Mk1 fires the same round at a higher velocity. But then again it wouldn't be the first time Bohemia was wrong about their own stats, so I'll take your word for it.

4 minutes ago, McDili said:

Doesn't really make sense because the Mk1 fires the same round at a higher velocity. But then again it wouldn't be the first time Bohemia was wrong about their own stats, so I'll take your word for it.

Ya I posted a video about it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMq1dLm-y38. In the video it also shows how inaccurate the ak12 is 

12 minutes ago, Benjamin Remer said:

Ya I posted a video about it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMq1dLm-y38. In the video it also shows how inaccurate the ak12 is 

Well I see what you're saying now. It's not really a question of accuracy but it comes down to bullet velocity. And you don't have to aim higher with the Mk1 as you said, you have to aim lower because the bullet travels at a flatter trajectory as it is faster so it doesn't drop off as quickly as the AK12 round does or the Mk18.

I think what you mean to say is that the ARCO is more reliable on the Mk18 than it is on the AK12 or the Mk1, because the range markers on the ARCO correctly represent where the bullet will land with the Mk18. I'm curious since the RCO is the blufor scope if it would work better with the Mk1. Something to test.