is it rdm to shoot out my tires before initiation?

I mean like.

If someone shoots at my vehicle im putting a bullet in them, 

Shooting at someone's vehicle is hostile activity. so they have the right to shoot you back

correct me if I am wrong but RDM stands for Random Death Match, and shooting a pair of tires does not involve death, 

sure it may be skirting rules but look at it like this, this is how I see it

You are engaging him to you. so he can kill you but until he shoots back you are not to kill him without engagement

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Plumber said:

I'll tell you how I deal with the situation since people want to skirt rules. 

He shoots your tire and you shoot back and kill him you win.

He shoots your tire and you shoot back but still die by him even after you have shot at him. I ban him.

So basically if he skirts rules like that and kills you even after you shoot back I will ban anyways. So it's a win win for you. You either kill him or he gets banned

what if i shoot his tires, i then hide behind a wall, text engage him, then kill him. 

would i get banned?

28 minutes ago, MAV said:

I've reported people for this in the past... its 100% fail rp and a way to, as my man Strikke put it, 'skurt' the rule because if:

I shoot out your tires without warning you are immobilized. You now have 2 options, try and repair vehicle and hope it gets repaired before I run up to you yelling hands up or die.... or you can return fire. Since your now shooting at me, I'm now engaged and can kill you.

Shooting out tires basically leaves the driver of the vehicle with little options to protect themselves and no ability to surrender before engagement.

And Mr. Boonie i have footage of you shooting out the tires of my Zamack Transport at Athira Hospital from roof right after i pulled it while we were doing a fed without initiation, never submitted because i put one through your skull... but yes, you could have gotten a nice 3-day for that...

Mav, your logic is irrelevant no one plays to play fair, we play to make money and beat others. You honestly believe irl if a car chase was happening they wouldn't try to immobilize the vehicle by any means necessary? This rule is stupid and by all means.

20 minutes ago, N7Zero said:

I'll tell you how I deal with the situation since people want to skirt rules. 

He shoots your tire and you shoot back and kill him you win.

He shoots your tire and you shoot back but still die by him even after you have shot at him. I ban him.

So basically if he skirts rules like that and kills you even after you shoot back I will ban anyways. So it's a win win for you. You either kill him or he gets banned

so lets say I do shoot his tries out. Im fucked??? 

lets say i do what @N7Zero says. if he still shoots back then thats on him. skirting rules :hmm: make it more specific to just that then. In no way am I killing him so therefor it should not be classed as RDM. yes i see where you are coming from @Plumber it could be unexpected and confusing for the victim. but seconds do count. 

Sure it isn't hard to open phone and text. If anything maybe you can add a shift+T which opens a direct message box on the player you are looking for to then click send

20 minutes ago, N7Zero said:

what if i shoot his tires, i then hide behind a wall, text engage him, then kill him. 

would i get banned?

Honestly this rule is so dumb, @McDili What are you feeding your staff these days man.

RDM - Random DEATH match

me shooting tires to a vehicle to prevent it from going places shouldn't be a banable offense that's the dumbest thing I've heard in years on this server.

Well only way I can see a way out of this is ride with a group guys have one guy jump out and full auto the vehicles tires and hop back in the only way you can get caught is if they get a name.

Logs don't show vehicle damage by who shot;)

8 minutes ago, Metro said:

Sure it isnt hard to open phone and text but maybe you can add a shift+T which opens a direct message box on the player you are looking for to then click send

This is fucking genius 

• Like 2

Save all this problem by just opening your phone and sending them a text message for engagement purposes. Then you don't have to deal with waiting for them to shoot you back so that you can be free from getting banned for skirting. :Kappa:

18 minutes ago, Metro said:

so lets say I do shoot his tries out. Im fucked??? 

lets say i do what @N7Zero says. if he still shoots back then thats on him. skirting rules :hmm: make it more specific to just that then. In no way am I killing him so therefor it should not be classed as RDM. yes i see where you are coming from @Plumber it could be unexpected and confusing for the victim. but seconds do count. 

Sure it isn't hard to open phone and text. If anything maybe you can add a shift+T which opens a direct message box on the player you are looking for to then click send

It’s not rdm it’s fail rp

• Downvote 1
  • Admin

Alright boys here’s the facts: 

If someone shoots out tires and THEN engages (therefore using the tires being shot out first as an advantage) then kills the guy, it is considered skirting rules in which could get you banned for fail RP. It’s not RDM by definition because you’re not randomly killing them, you’re just skirting rules. We just may ban for the same length as a traditional RDM. 

So, engage first. Shoot tires second. Take their life third. Ezpz

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Dαnte said:

If someone shoots out tires and THEN engages (therefore using the tires being shot out first as an advantage) then kills the guy, it is considered skirting rules in which could get you banned for fail RP. It’s not RDM by definition because you’re not randomly killing them, you’re just skirting rules. We just may ban for the same length as a traditional RDM. 

Sorry I have to say it for the people who don't agree I am reformed but this is needed .... skirt deez nutzz

1 hour ago, Dαnte said:

if that's the facts then why do some admins/support team members (not naming names) say its ok to shoot tires then engage.. 

is this a new rule that u all agreed on just now? or some rule only you agreed on and not all staffs know about?

• Admin
7 minutes ago, N7Zero said:

if that's the facts then why do some admins/support team members (not naming names) say its ok to shoot tires then engage.. 

is this a new rule that u all agreed on just now? or some rule only you agreed on and not all staffs know about?

All staff should know being it was discussed at multiple staff meetings as Strikke mentioned. The support members should never be reliable sources for your go-to rule clarifications. They are not staff. They do not enforce the rules.

3 hours ago, MrBoonie said:

Mav, your logic is irrelevant no one plays to play fair, we play to make money and beat others. You honestly believe irl if a car chase was happening they wouldn't try to immobilize the vehicle by any means necessary? This rule is stupid and by all means.

You're really going to use IRL logic to attempt to support your arguement? In real life do i have to yell 'hands up or die' before killing someone? or better yet...do i respawn in 30 seconds after i die in real life?.... c'mon man

5 hours ago, Dαnte said:

Can this be put in the rules then please? This has been brought up so many times and every time it was always said shooting tires without engagement is not rdm nor bannable and I think a lot of the older players still believe that so if staffs opinion on this has changed can we get it in the rules?

• Admin
1 minute ago, Aunt Jemima said:

Can this be put in the rules then please? This has been brought up so many times and every time it was always said shooting tires without engagement is not rdm nor bannable and I think a lot of the older players still believe that so if staffs opinion on this has changed can we get it in the rules?

Olympus Altis Life Rules & Guidelines

Breaking any of these rules may result in administrative action.

Not knowing the rules does not make you exempt from them

Keep in mind if another player breaks rules it does NOT give you the right to break a rule yourself.

Remember Role-Play is required in almost all situations unless noted otherwise.

Trying to skirt an obvious rule may still result in a ban.

Play the game as it is meant to, don't attempt to get around things as this will not be excused.

Staff reserve the right to ban players they feel are being toxic, disruptive or not playing by the spirit of the game mode.

Not all rules can be listed so use common sense when playing.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dαnte said:

Olympus Altis Life Rules & Guidelines

Breaking any of these rules may result in administrative action.

Not knowing the rules does not make you exempt from them

Keep in mind if another player breaks rules it does NOT give you the right to break a rule yourself.

Remember Role-Play is required in almost all situations unless noted otherwise.

Trying to skirt an obvious rule may still result in a ban.

Play the game as it is meant to, don't attempt to get around things as this will not be excused.

Staff reserve the right to ban players they feel are being toxic, disruptive or not playing by the spirit of the game mode.

Not all rules can be listed so use common sense when playing.

*sigh* Next time some kid shoots my tires out cause he didnt see this rule get clarified on the second page of a random post I'm coming straight to you.

• Admin
Just now, Aunt Jemima said:

*sigh* Next time some kid shoots my tires out cause he didnt see this rule get clarified on the second page of a random post I'm coming straight to you.

Are you acting like that is something new? SHOULD WE GET 90% OF OUR STEAM MESSAGES ON BLAST OR? ;)

• Sad 1