Jump to content
Bear828

Olympus Logo Redesign?

Recommended Posts

[None of this is official, I'm simply creating my take on the brand!]

Hey everyone! I'm currently coming up with concepts and sketches of a new Olympus Entertainment logo in my own style of design and thinking. I'm a newer member here, so I would imagine some of you may have already thought of stuff like this, so I'd love to hear them! I'll PM my current progress of the design to anyone that is actually interested in seeing what I'm up to haha.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Bear828 said:

I'll PM my current progress of the design to anyone that is actually interested in seeing what I'm up to

Please do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bear828 said:

[None of this is official, I'm simply creating my take on the brand!]

Hey everyone! I'm currently coming up with concepts and sketches of a new Olympus Entertainment logo in my own style of design and thinking. I'm a newer member here, so I would imagine some of you may have already thought of stuff like this, so I'd love to hear them! I'll PM my current progress of the design to anyone that is actually interested in seeing what I'm up to haha.

Even though I can’t make the decision to actually rebrand, I’m still curious to see what you got going. HMU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Even though I can’t make the decision to actually rebrand, I’m still curious to see what you got going. HMU

:DPEducated:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be posting the concept design I've been working on when I have finalized, and put it together digitally! I don't know how long until this would happen (could be tonight, could be a few days) since I have client designs to work on. It will be posted, though!

4 minutes ago, Bear828 said:

I'll be posting the concept design I've been working on when I have finalized, and put it together digitally! I don't know how long until this would happen (could be tonight, could be a few days) since I have client designs to work on. It will be posted, though!

I decided just now that I'd go all out and create an entire branding showcase of the logo to allow people to better understand the depth and meaning put into! This means it might take a little longer to post too hehe...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BrothaCain said:

Post them in this topic, please.

+1 no need to keep it private, Im sure all of us would like to see it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am extremely curious because I think a logo redesign is needed as it’s been the same for a long time... also why not do it now as we’re in the middle of an ownership change new owner new logo @Peter Long

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BrothaCain @Millennium at your requests here is the sketch of the logo I chose to go with an finalize. I scrapped all other concepts as they weren't very good, nor presentable. I apologize to everyone for my shitty sketch work. Not even a ruler can keep me from fucking up a straight line.

The 3 pillars are meant to signify the 3 servers Olympus runs. The top bar is meant to be kind of like the staff/contributors sheltering said pillars and watching over it. I was going to add something at the bottom to signify the player base that keeps it all standing and together, but I decided to scrap this idea since the design is already quite busy. I added wings in order to keep some of Olympus' current branding intact, and give the more veteran players a sense of familiarity.

Feel free to let me know what you all think! I'll be finalizing the design soon and then creating the branding showcase to give it a much more presentable environment.

Edit: I forgot to mention why I went the direction I did with the main "architecture". Since the name Olympus is from the ancient Greek mythology "Mt. Olympus", I went ahead and referenced different ancient Greek architecture like the Parthenon.

sketch 1.jpg

Edited by Bear828
adding additional information
  • Like 2
  • Kappa 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Donald. said:

its alright, is anyone able make that a Photoshop logo? Then it would look dope. Great sketch 

If anyone here makes logos in Photoshop ima need you to point them out right now so I can get my pitchfork ready... just kidding. Seriously though, don't make logos in Photoshop.

I always sketch out my logo concepts before I actually make them digitally and refined. I'll be doing this with the logo soon, possibly tonight or tomorrow so fear not, you won't have to stare at my shitty for long!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bear828 said:

If anyone here makes logos in Photoshop ima need you to point them out right now so I can get my pitchfork ready... just kidding. Seriously though, don't make logos in Photoshop.

I always sketch out my logo concepts before I actually make them digitally and refined. I'll be doing this with the logo soon, possibly tonight or tomorrow so fear not, you won't have to stare at my shitty for long!

Yeahhh photoshop ain’t for logos... that’s what illustrator was made for ;))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ajax said:

Yeahhh photoshop ain’t for logos... that’s what illustrator was made for ;))

I see you are a man of culture

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Bear828 said:

If anyone here makes logos in Photoshop ima need you to point them out right now so I can get my pitchfork ready... just kidding. Seriously though, don't make logos in Photoshop.

I always sketch out my logo concepts before I actually make them digitally and refined. I'll be doing this with the logo soon, possibly tonight or tomorrow so fear not, you won't have to stare at my shitty for long!

monkaS i make all my shit in paint.. and i make pretty VOLUPTUOUS memes :DPEducated:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Bear828 said:

@BrothaCain @Millennium at your requests here is the sketch of the logo I chose to go with an finalize. I scrapped all other concepts as they weren't very good, nor presentable. I apologize to everyone for my shitty sketch work. Not even a ruler can keep me from fucking up a straight line.

The 3 pillars are meant to signify the 3 servers Olympus runs. The top bar is meant to be kind of like the staff/contributors sheltering said pillars and watching over it. I was going to add something at the bottom to signify the player base that keeps it all standing and together, but I decided to scrap this idea since the design is already quite busy. I added wings in order to keep some of Olympus' current branding intact, and give the more veteran players a sense of familiarity.

Feel free to let me know what you all think! I'll be finalizing the design soon and then creating the branding showcase to give it a much more presentable environment.

Edit: I forgot to mention why I went the direction I did with the main "architecture". Since the name Olympus is from the ancient Greek mythology "Mt. Olympus", I went ahead and referenced different ancient Greek architecture like the Parthenon.

sketch 1.jpg

I do texture and design work as a freelancer. I'll see what I can do but the size may make it hard to make it look good in game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bear828 said:

I see you are a man of culture

imagine not using MS paint for logos, scrubs. like the idea though, might do a few mockups myself for fun

 

-sent from my graphic design class 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.