Max Slots & Group caps

1 minute ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

couldn't* care less

2 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

Meaning, cops that work full time jobs that are Monday through Friday and get home in the evening might not be able to play when they can.

At like 8 or 9 (today) I can't remember, there were 11 cops on s1, that means there's still slots after work hours and into busy nights. Plus that was only on one server, other ones probably had more slots free so I don't see this being much of a problem.

4 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

People will find a way to group together no matter what. You’re just forcing them to do it a different way. 

What would they do? Do you think gangs will do uniforms? That won't work well.

4 minutes ago, Mustache said:

In the words of @SPBojo

This ain't it chief 

8 minutes ago, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

to the people saying this is a bad idea, at least explain why m8 like you're helpless to do anything if you don't bring a conclusion to the table.

All Im saying is no one complains when theres 2 big gangs on the server. But when theres 20 cops you cant run money, cant do feds, cant go to cities, cant do jack shit. Group cap definitely contributed to Asylums decline. But they also never implemented a cop cap so who knows what could be different. 

Edit: Can only fight cartels and they seem to be ruining that lately

Edited by TryHardSqueaker
1 hour ago, Sammy:) said:
  1.  If there was a max group slot for Cops more cops would be active 
  2. Cops would actually have to log on and get their hours if they want to stay on the APD

How would either of these be a product of reducing cop slots?

Hi, hello!

The reason this would be a bad idea is simply because it would be restricting peoples way of playing so that a select few that simply do not know how to adapt to a change of player base can have their fun back! Capping the amount of players that can play together and one time mostly if not 100% of the time does nothing but create a hostile enviorment where its no longer "lets have fun" but instead "if you arent a god you can fuck off" mentality. All in all, its been a very long time since Olympus was 100% all about cartels and i highly doubt were gonna reach that time again. The game is no longer about being the best or whatever it is that you wish to prove with this. Its about having fun and restricting that is something i cannot agree to being a good idea. Im all for cartel being big focus again but everyone shouldn't have to adapt to the minority, the minority should adapt to everyone. my 2 cents :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, SPBojo said:

Hi, hello!

The reason this would be a bad idea is simply because it would be restricting peoples way of playing so that a select few that simply do not know how to adapt to a change of player base can have their fun back! Capping the amount of players that can play together and one time mostly if not 100% of the time does nothing but create a hostile enviorment where its no longer "lets have fun" but instead "if you arent a god you can fuck off" mentality. All in all, its been a very long time since Olympus was 100% all about cartels and i highly doubt were gonna reach that time again. The game is no longer about being the best or whatever it is that you wish to prove with this. Its about having fun and restricting that is something i cannot agree to being a good idea. Im all for cartel being big focus again but everyone shouldn't have to adapt to the minority, the minority should adapt to everyone. my 2 cents :) 

Bojo is speaking the truth here. This server isn’t about being the best anymore, it’s about having fun. 

Just now, Bloodmoon said:

That wouldn't be wasting money, that would be investing money. Not my fault you don't have the time to do runs, or the bank account to get money.

If I spend money on a titan then need to do runs to compensate it, that isn't an investment. Are you stupid?

1 minute ago, Bloodmoon said:

Not my fault you don't have the time to do runs, or the bank account to get money.

I'm not saying it's your fault, but you have the opportunity to make a system that helps everyone, why not do it?

Just now, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

If I spend money on a titan then need to do runs to compensate it, that isn't an investment. Are you stupid?

By buying a titan you are investing money into the fact that cops won't be able to fly near you assuming you are engaged, just stick to warzone with your big brain.

By buying a titan you are investing money into the fact that cops won't be able to fly near you assuming you are engaged, just stick to warzone with your big brain.

What...? Bro the reason we want the cop limit which is what you were talking about is nothing to do with warzone, it has to do with copstacks at federal events. So, respond with knowledege next time plZ

11 minutes ago, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

What...? Bro the reason we want the cop limit which is what you were talking about is nothing to do with warzone, it has to do with copstacks at federal events. So, respond with knowledege next time plZ

In regards to federal events the cop stack itself is not the problem, it is the amount of lethals that will sometimes stack it and on top of how gamechanging vans are at feds only propagate that issue. Personally for feds I think the cop limit could remain untouched and would see more balance come from removing APD cargo vans, but keeping the transport as you can't see through the cargo van, and either removing the up gradable security on vans or allow civs to blow them up.

15 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

In regards to federal events the cop stack itself is not the problem, it is the amount of lethals that will sometimes stack it and on top of how gamechanging vans are at feds only propagate that issue. Personally for feds I think the cop limit could remain untouched and would see more balance come from removing APD cargo vans, but keeping the transport as you can't see through the cargo van, and either removing the up gradable security on vans or allow civs to blow them up.

As Civs during a Federal Event we actually have every right to just blow up the Vans. Straight from Dilis mouth, and the Olympus Rule Book. "

1. Do not blow up or destroy vehicles for no reason.

APD Vans give a clear advantage during a Fed, therefore Civs have a extremely clear reason to remove the threat. This is why APD aren't punished when they slam gates with hunters that have Civ vehicles blocking them.

14 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

it is the amount of lethals that will sometimes stack it 

This 100%. So many times I have seen a 14 v 14 and it’s was 10 lethals with like a po and 3 deputys

8 minutes ago, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

No, even if it wasn't so many lethals, if there are still 17 cops on pushing all angles v like 10 rebels, there will be a problem. With that stack are lethals though

10 People for a fed is pretty small depending on the time you do it at, assuming you did a fed at peak time with ideal numbers which would be like 13 you would have a much easier time defending a stack of PO's/deputies rather than a mixed stack/lethal stack. PO's/deputies would only be able to push through gates and you can just have people rotate.

4 minutes ago, Bloodmoon said:

10 People for a fed is pretty small depending on the time you do it at, assuming you did a fed at peak time with ideal numbers which would be like 13 you would have a much easier time defending a stack of PO's/deputies rather than a mixed stack/lethal stack. PO's/deputies would only be able to push through gates and you can just have people rotate.

it's an example bruV

Also it's never only gonna be deps and POs so like elAboratE

Just was trying to show how the problem lies with cpl+ stacks and how PO and deps stacking is a nonissue at feds.

yes but having a limit on sAPD stacks isn't really necessary, nor likely to get passed, nor realistic. A limit on the max cops total could have some higher ups and still be fair. Plus it would vary, so not all feds will have only deps on. I'm still trying to have a bit of fun m8 like sauce me some APD hunters just not 80 of them.