Should Olympus implement an auto drive function?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Should Olympus implement an auto drive function?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/10/19 at 05:00 AM

So Olympus have implemented an auto run function which i use everyday and and am getting quit fond of. so it got me thinking why not add an auto drive,basically it would use the same key bind and instead of sprint forward it would drive forward you would still have to turn left and right but for us lazy arma players it would be one less key you would have to hold down. Let me know your thoughts with a heart or a down vote

Thanks for reading 

Mr.Chow 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, [Bar]MRCHOW said:

Possible, but it is a LOT harder to do that then just the auto-run script. 

Looking at it, I feel that this would be a waste of development time for something I can't see being used as much since Altis's roads are not convient for cruise control

• Like 1
Just now, TheCmdrRex said:

Possible, but it is a LOT harder to do that then just the auto-run script. 

Looking at it, I feel that this would be a waste of development time for something I can't see being used as much since Altis's roads are not convient for cruise control

Well even tho you dont think it would work out i appreciate the feedback ty 

Just now, Mustache said:

The only useful thing I got from this is my fuckin pinky wouldn't be playing twister with itself anymore holding down shift 

that would be all it was used for its just one less key you would have to hold down 

I see where this idea came from, but i dont think this will be as useful as you believe it would be. Your only benefit would be a straight woad when you wanna check your map (you can already do this by simply holding w when in map). You also mentioned that it would be one less key for you to hold. Driving isn’t just a combo of holding down W and A or D. You will also have to slow down on turns and when there are obstacles near by, very, very often. This will now work as you will have to keen re-enabling the “auto-drive” feature. So the constant slowing and etc... will not allow this feature to be useful.

42 minutes ago, SiNFULL said:

I see where this idea came from, but i dont think this will be as useful as you believe it would be. Your only benefit would be a straight woad when you wanna check your map (you can already do this by simply holding w when in map). You also mentioned that it would be one less key for you to hold. Driving isn’t just a combo of holding down W and A or D. You will also have to slow down on turns and when there are obstacles near by, very, very often. This will now work as you will have to keen re-enabling the “auto-drive” feature. So the constant slowing and etc... will not allow this feature to be useful.

cant argue with that u brought up some valid points. Ty for the reply 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Mr.Chow said:

Basically it would use the same key bind and instead of sprint forward

Why don't you just use cruise control like the rest of us? Get to the speed you want, press Shift+Q, problem solved...

• PogChamp 1
47 minutes ago, Mercury said:

Why don't you just use cruise control like the rest of us? Get to the speed you want, press Shift+Q, problem solved...

Is this really a thing??? I was driving a truck with a speedbomb on it the other day and it took 20 fkin minutes because I didn’t want to Yikes it.  Kept tapping throttle and letting off!