Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

How Did Everyone Start Playing Arma/Olympus?

Curious how everyone got there start  here on the server like I had always played Koth and was getting bored and then a friend told me about Olympus and how it an Rp server and I was like oh that's sick and now I hear I am been through 4-5 gangs cause of kicked or they left/disbanded and lost APD at  the moment cause I'm a grade A Retard who failed the PO test 3 times. So what's everyone else's story especially those who have played this server for years on end and continue to play.

• Like 1
Just now, Lex yo said:

How do you fail a po test 3 times.

like i said im a retard when it  comes  to tests, if i  have to ill stay a deputy i will,   i enjoy being  a cop on the server no  matter my rank i always have fun and good laughs with everyone and making  money while i do it so im  not complaing.

This game mode was probably the second one that I actually played, some guy with like 8k hours brought me into the game from csgo and played this with me. Then we just didn’t really talk after my first day playing and I just went on to play by myself.

1 minute ago, FULTKING said:

like i said im a retard when it  comes  to tests, if i  have to ill stay a deputy i will,   i enjoy being  a cop on the server no  matter my rank i always have fun and good laughs with everyone and making  money while i do it so im  not complaing.

Hmu sometime and I can explain stuff that you may be having questions about. Most of the handbook may seem a bit confusing at first (at least it did to me) but after a while the cop rules are very easy to go by

• Haha 1
  • PogChamp 1
1 minute ago, tacosmell said:

Hmu sometime and I can explain stuff that you may be having questions about. Most of the handbook may seem a bit confusing at first (at least it did to me) but after a while the cop rules are very easy to go by

i think i  do pretty good  on test its just the situations i get fucked up

My gun-freak friend from texas introduced me to Arma. He wanted me to play Mil-Sim, and I played one “simulation” (lol) and I accidently threw a grenade and killed everyone. Then he showed me Altis Life to say how gay it was, and I fell in love with the idea of being a cop. So I got my 28 hours and joined a shitter gang. My friend still hates me for play Life. : )

1 minute ago, tacosmell said:

fuck off 

2 minutes ago, Gaz said:

My gun-freak friend from texas introduced me to Arma. He wanted me to play Mil-Sim, and I played one “simulation” (lol) and I accidently threw a grenade and killed everyone. Then he showed me Altis Life to say how gay it was, and I fell in love with the idea of being a cop. So I got my 28 hours and joined a shitter gang. My friend still hates me for play Life. : )

fuck off 

YO CHILL THATS SUPER TOXIC SUPPORT TEAM MEMBER OF THE MONTH

I bought Arma after reading an article about it in PC Gamer while waiting for a flight, I played the campaigns then fucked around on the editor for a while until I decided to go online. 

The first server I connected to was Asylum Tanoa (before they sucked) where I learned the ropes and met a kid who gave me enough to get started on Altis, then with less than a few hours in multiplayer I went to Altis where I was robbed on my first run and when the cops came to rescue me an Lt let me bleed out from kidney then started threatening to ban me for fail rp, one of the cops felt bad for me and told me to come here and I did.

I fucked around on civ for a few months because I was underage, illegally became a cop, got removed and quit the server, came back and rejoined the APD and the rest is history. It's been a wild ride and in may or march I'll be reaching 2 total years in the APD. It's been a crazy adventure that went by in the blink of an eye but I still wouldn't trade it for the world.

• Like 2

Got it with a few friends and we had no clue what was going on. I used to spend hours sitting inside of old neo drug house with a rahim and soft log if I heard a siren go off. 

• Like 1

I got Arma cuz it looked like a cool game during its beta period. and how i found Olympus was back before Olympus was a thing i was playing on Asylum with Poseidon and Zeus (The Founders of Olympus). We were all talking about how it would be cool to have our own server to play on and do whatever we wanted to so they made Olympus and all of us that were in their gang on Asylum swapped over to Olympus.

1 minute ago, Bojo said:

I got Arma cuz it looked like a cool game during its beta period. and how i found Olympus was back before Olympus was a thing i was playing on Asylum with Poseidon and Zeus (The Founders of Olympus). We were all talking about how it would be cool to have our own server to play on and do whatever we wanted to so they made Olympus and all of us that were in their gang on Asylum swapped over to Olympus.

How are you not a mod/admin by now, even though you didn't dev for the original server you're borderline a co-founder at this point.

4 minutes ago, Unjo said:

Got it with a few friends and we had no clue what was going on. I used to spend hours sitting inside of old neo drug house with a rahim and soft log if I heard a siren go off. 

That sounds autistic as fuck but everyone is autistic and stupid as a noob.

Just now, sploding said:

How are you not a mod/admin by now, even though you didn't dev for the original server you're borderline a co-founder at this point.

@Peter Long This man is speaking the truth up in this bitch.

Honestly tho, i used to break rules alot, like, alot alot which is most likely why i never had staff :P 

• Like 1
  • TriHard 1

played h1z1 met some random retards on random squads and eventually added them cause of a win kept playing h1z1 after like 300 hours of that they invited me to their ts and after that they got bored of h1z1 so they talked about buying arma 3 so we all did and then we played epoch for like 200-300 hours got bored of that logged onto asylum get raped at a legal field, rage quit, came back on a week later found olympus got hella guap doing rocks, and stayed, so here we are.

I use to watch @Frankiein1080p‘s YouTube videos on his Arma dayz survival videos. After brain storming all his Arma videos I got a pc on December 14th 2017. Once I got my pc I hooked it up and the first game I launched was Arma 3. When I got on Arma my name on the game was already Grego. (That’s where I got my name). The first Altis RP server I found was Asylum. After I played for like 3 months I got permed for combat log.(I combat logged like 7 times in a month). Once I was permed I found the most aids server ever... Olympus. 

That’s how I found Olympus and Arma.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Grego said:

I use to watch @Frankiein1080p‘s YouTube videos on his Arma dayz survival videos. After brain storming all his Arma videos I got a pc on December 14th 2017. Once I got my pc I hooked it up and the first game I launched was Arma 3. When I got on Arma my name on the game was already Grego. (That’s where I got my name). The first Altis RP server I found was Asylum. After I played for like 3 months I got permed for combat log.(I combat logged like 7 times in a month). Once I was permed I found the most aids server ever... Olympus. 

That’s how I found Olympus and Arma.

did frankiein1080 play on  olympus  in  his  episodes or what that somewhere else

i literally bought the game cause of frankie, didnt play it for 2 years, and literally randomly clicked a server and hey ho it was olympus, and i continue to play cause why tf not, pissing people off because i called them a retard is fun

• Like 1

Got hooked on DayZ mod videos. Tried playing but my pc could never handle it or mods would always break.  Bought Arma3 and again tried some servers but they were all buggy or cancerous people.  A year ago I finally had a PC that could play anything and said why the hell not. 

Got robbed at peaches by a gang and two hours later that gang was inviting me to play with them.  After doing a bunch of salvage I ended up losing a couple tempests  expanding my horizons.  I finally applied for RnR a little over a year ago and I have essentially been a career medic ever since.  Only recently dabbling in civ life.

One of my IRL friends started playing arma back in 2016 and told me to buy it so i did and hopped on asylum and had no clue what the fuck I was doing. So i ended up alt f4ing and not touching the game for 2 years then I got back on olympus last year with the same IRL friend and actually got into it and had alot of fun.

15 minutes ago, FULTKING said:

did frankiein1080 play on  olympus  in  his  episodes or what that somewhere else

I watched his Arma 2 and 3 videos like 3 years ago. So if he did I forgot.