APD training day idea

So this is just a stupid idea i came up with get but though I would share it anyway. As a former member of the apd I know that some people's aim is "questionable" And I came up with the idea that maybe once every two weeks or month a certain division (alpha ,beta etc)of the apd could hold a training day persay, this would be where people could go to learn how to control their weapon better and overall be a more efficient and effective cop it could also evolve into cenario training ect 

just a idea and want people's thoughts 

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Lex yo said:

How good does your aim even need to be with the taser script, its not hard. Sorry but if you’re struggling to taze anyone then you may need to step down from apd.

lol

14 minutes ago, RDyer216 said:

I’m pretty sure the training is no NLR.  Full send and die, full send and die.  

I'm pretty sure a few years ago we had a cop who would publish training videos and host seminars but I don't think it ever panned out.

This seems like one of those ideas that sounds cool on paper but won't actually work like the media team. Almost no one is going to attend a session with a sr or FTO about "defensive driving" or "use of force" unless there's a reward after. If going to a "use of force" training and passing gave you a new gun or some ts flair maybe more would show up.

Scenario based training definitely has a place and that's in the academy but this server being light RP and having sporadic hiring practices makes it difficult to execute. I think that to have better trained cops the maybe the FTO program should be revamped, have corp ftos become Academy Instructors and allow good POs to make FTO, them make it so that every new deputy is assigned an FTO who trains them up from Friday to Monday. To make it easier also consolidate hiring practices and schedule tests for every Thursday night and the academy every Friday night.

@Pledge this isnt a bad idea all by itself but I think it would be better being implanted to the academy or making it a serious training that gives the officers who pass some kind of reward as small as a TS tag or promotion points.

• Love 1

It was just an idea but some form of cop based training that isn't just the basic seemed cool in my head 

13 minutes ago, sploding said:

I'm pretty sure a few years ago we had a cop who would publish training videos and host seminars but I don't think it ever panned out.

This seems like one of those ideas that sounds cool on paper but won't actually work like the media team. Almost no one is going to attend a session with a sr or FTO about "defensive driving" or "use of force" unless there's a reward after. If going to a "use of force" training and passing gave you a new gun or some ts flair maybe more would show up.

Scenario based training definitely has a place and that's in the academy but this server being light RP and having sporadic hiring practices makes it difficult to execute. I think that to have better trained cops the maybe the FTO program should be revamped, have corp ftos become Academy Instructors and allow good POs to make FTO, them make it so that every new deputy is assigned an FTO who trains them up from Friday to Monday. To make it easier also consolidate hiring practices and schedule tests for every Thursday night and the academy every Friday night.

@Pledge this isnt a bad idea all by itself but I think it would be better being implanted to the academy or making it a serious training that gives the officers who pass some kind of reward as small as a TS tag or promotion points.

Just think apd could be more fun if there's something's else to do apart from patrol or stay in a city , like you said have an area where people can chill out and have fun and fight each other or have like a aim train bot type think like something out of csgo