Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

so is the server dying?

3 hours ago, karma said:

is this a normal cycle after an owner leaves or does it normally not end up with 3 members of staff gone in an instant like this i feel like this is what i reffered to when i posted server is dying a while back, i knew more staff would leave and eventually it might be all of them gone there is already atleast 1 staff member who hasnt even opened the forums since February 23rd so idk what to say :)

It wont be dead when I get support, etc. In like 5 months. Just you wait 

It took me 15 minute just to spam into a server with my macro. Server is dying btw.

Few staff members either leave or get removed due to inactivity or personal things and you think the server is dying? Please stop making these shit posts that make you look idiotic and either play the server and give good feedback or go somewhere else. Thanks ^_^

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Check again :P 

i checked yesterday havent checked today but it baffles me that she has been inactive for 1 month before action is taken while others are semi inactive and gets dropped

4 hours ago, karma said:

is this a normal cycle after an owner leaves or does it normally not end up with 3 members of staff gone in an instant like this i feel like this is what i reffered to when i posted server is dying a while back, i knew more staff would leave and eventually it might be all of them gone there is already atleast 1 staff member who hasnt even opened the forums since February 23rd so idk what to say :)

When Posidson stepped down some staff went to

When Mcdili stepped down some staff quit too

When Peter quit some people stepp down

Every time someone steps down someone steps up

So the server is not dying

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, karma said:

i checked yesterday havent checked today but it baffles me that she has been inactive for 1 month before action is taken while others are semi inactive and gets dropped

I don’t disagree but I am sure Gary has his reasons. When I was chief each Senior APD member had their own cases and situations so sometimes it takes a while to handle them appropriately. Sometimes I waited longer than I should’ve in that role. It happens. It’s not fun to remove people even if it’s for inactivity and it is definitely understandable in a video game for someone to want to take a break. It’s just finding the difference between a break and inactivity.

16 minutes ago, karma said:

could have had personal issues, could have been on an LOA for a certain amount of time. 1 month is not that long.

I don't understand how anyone can think like this... there are so many people on this server that intend to stay until the end, and yet the server is "dying" after some staff leave... There are some people devoted to this server as much as the admins... Those people can always take their place. Olympus wont go down without a fight. 

8 hours ago, karma said:

yeah generally admins come and go I don't know half of the current admins or they are old people who were just members of the community. I've seen waves of different staff though throughout.

8 hours ago, hawk said:

Lol a few people leave and the server is dying guys, it's over! These types of posts are so retarded

8 hours ago, PurgEe said:

Server dying :Kappa:

Respawn irl kid

yall two are spastics let the man live.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Snare said:

yeah generally admins come and go I don't know half of the current admins or they are old people who were just members of the community. I've seen waves of different staff though throughout.

yall two are spastics let the man live.

im used to hawk and pledge posting toxic shit like that so dont worry fair enough it wasnt pledge this time tho it was some other random but thanks for a proper response i appreciate it <3

2 hours ago, Corps said:

Feels like karma just makes these post to get people to reply :lol:

what do you mean just makes these posts to get people to reply? im a man with alot of questions ofc im out for replies <3

3 hours ago, Peter Long said:

I have been reading "Olympus is dying" posts since 2015. It never gets old LOL

my posts are straight up a meme tho trynna see how much negative rep i can farm like with buff vigi posts and stuff :) i love you and the community you helped create tho <3

4 hours ago, TheCmdrRex said:

I don’t disagree but I am sure Gary has his reasons. When I was chief each Senior APD member had their own cases and situations so sometimes it takes a while to handle them appropriately. Sometimes I waited longer than I should’ve in that role. It happens. It’s not fun to remove people even if it’s for inactivity and it is definitely understandable in a video game for someone to want to take a break. It’s just finding the difference between a break and inactivity.

okey i can totally understand it than, but if you look at it from a random players perspective it does look weird but i understand :)

• Admin

No worries man. Server ain’t dying. I have been here since 2015 and play at least twice a week. For me, is nostalgia. I have even considered coming back in some form but my current job is demanding enough that I just want to relax when I come home but the love for Olympus is real. Who knows.... :) 

1 hour ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

No worries man. Server ain’t dying. I have been here since 2015 and play at least twice a week. For me, is nostalgia. I have even considered coming back in some form but my current job is demanding enough that I just want to relax when I come home but the love for Olympus is real. Who knows.... :) 

i play here hoping to someday get the feeling i used to get in arma 2 ILRPG days but i dont think thats ever gonna happend but idk the community is kinda nice here :)

• Like 1