Hit List and rdm

A lot of people seem to be under the impression that if you have a hit on you, that you’re KOS. Pretty sure it isn’t the case and if there really is a system for paying 240k to make some KOS, I’d say that’s pretty cancer. I just want a clear answer regarding the rules on this if anyone can, though it feels stupid to even ask. Just want it here so people can be directed to it and know the answer before they do something they shouldn’t.

Edited by Brother Bruce
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
Guest Skateezy

How would you engage...?

"Hands up within 5 seconds or die for this hit!"

What? I believe the intent of the hit is to kill the person. How the hell do you engage that?

Did Jeffrey Epstein get engaged on?

55 minutes ago, Skateezy said:

How would you engage...?

"Hands up within 5 seconds or die for this hit!"

What? I believe the intent of the hit is to kill the person. How the hell do you engage that?

Did Jeffrey Epstein get engaged on?

Just say hands up or die? You don’t have to give them a reason why you wanna kill them.

Server rules still apply, meaning you must engage... If we wanted the player who has a hit on them to be KoS we would make their names red to the entire server.. which we have not

There are still tweaks and changes to the system we will make, so any feedback from the community is great... But making someone Kos for a measly 240k ain't it... Maybe an additional charge of like 2-3 mil (or more) to make then Kos would be worth it... But not for the cost cheaper then a loadout

11 minutes ago, N7Zero said:

what if the target puts his hands up.. u cant kill him with his hands up cuz that conflicts with the rules.

Thats when you bring him to the local nearby rock and roleplay for the rock god :)

4 hours ago, N7Zero said:

what if the target puts his hands up.. u cant kill him with his hands up cuz that conflicts with the rules.

thats when you wait for him to put his hands down and blast him, or try and war his gang then pop him

Idk why y’all can do the same stuff y’all have been doing. It wasn’t like the rules were written the same day the hit list came out. Y’all have been following the rules since day one (Some of y’all) Why do you now magically not know to engage or complain about the bounty system when all it did was put an incentive for someone to hunt another person down which gave people one more thing to do etc. 

Guest Skateezy
4 hours ago, Billybobjoe said:

Idk why y’all can do the same stuff y’all have been doing. It wasn’t like the rules were written the same day the hit list came out. Y’all have been following the rules since day one (Some of y’all) Why do you now magically not know to engage or complain about the bounty system when all it did was put an incentive for someone to hunt another person down which gave people one more thing to do etc. 

Hands up OR die signifies that if they don’t put their hands up they will be killed. How in the hell do you roleplay a hit? Hands up or die anyway? sure, most people won’t put their hands up and you’ll get your hit but if they do then what?

33 minutes ago, Skateezy said:

Hands up OR die signifies that if they don’t put their hands up they will be killed. How in the hell do you roleplay a hit? Hands up or die anyway? sure, most people won’t put their hands up and you’ll get your hit but if they do then what?

What would you do if someone put their hands up any other time leave them alone or just sit there and try and get the hit. Idk why there is such a big problem surround this?

I believe having a hit one someone could authorize an exemption to killing in restraints. If they have a hit on them and have decided to put their hands up when engaged, there is no reason why the should be granted invincibility. I feel like light role play should be applied, ie: You have a hit on you, Im going to be collecting this bounty. *shoots player in restraints*

Guest Skateezy
2 hours ago, Billybobjoe said:

What would you do if someone put their hands up any other time leave them alone or just sit there and try and get the hit. Idk why there is such a big problem surround this?

This is literally an entirely different situation.

There is not a single other event in the game where your objective is to kill the person in initiation. Who wants to spend an hour looking around for someone on a hitlist for them to put their hands up and be unable to kill them?

If it's a real 'hitlist' it SHOULD be KOS and prices should be higher to negate it being a gateway to RDM. Hits requiring engagement frankly doesn't make any sense. 

15 hours ago, MAV said:

Server rules still apply, meaning you must engage... If we wanted the player who has a hit on them to be KoS we would make their names red to the entire server.. which we have not

There are still tweaks and changes to the system we will make, so any feedback from the community is great... But making someone Kos for a measly 240k ain't it... Maybe an additional charge of like 2-3 mil (or more) to make then Kos would be worth it... But not for the cost cheaper then a loadout

I'd recommend making hits upwards of a million and make it so they're red named to everyone. If you have a hit on you you're going to want to avoid cities and main places, that's the entire point of a hit. Hits should affect gameplay in more ways than just potentially dying. It's worth it for someone to put 1 mill down on making sure a person doesn't get back to the main cities and squares. 

There are so many potential roleplaying aspects of hits that could be expanded on that I feel are being overlooked.

• Police protection
  • You should be able to figure out who requested the hit. If the person who has a hit on them kills the requester THEY get the money amount. (Yes, this could be exploited but a 20% fee for the already instated hit system can already be exploited heavily)
  • Hit Menu
  • Hit Menu/ Bounty Menu integration - We already have the select what names through typing the first letter but there should be a pop up option if you click a bounty/hits name to text them so you don't have to switch to the contact list to engage.

This also brings me to some additions that I feel would be a good idea for the bounty system. Although I hate currently World of Warcraft they have a world PvP aspect that puts someone who has a certain amount of enemy player kills on the map. It'd be cool to see bounties be implemented further and not just a small screen window.

QoL updates could include the hit list in your y menu. The current adaptation of going to rebel to see hits is a bit rudimentary as you'd have to go back each time to see what hits have changed and you have no way of telling if a hit has already been completed unless you go back.

Overall there's a lot of great content that could be implemented to further this addition, I hope it doesn't get expanded upon as I feel Vigilante was a really cool concept that doesn't really have that much content added onto it.

Otherwise this was a phenomenal update, you guys added a lot of great content.

Kids going to kavala with a gun looking for bambis to get there rocks off to the power of trip of having someone comply with them sporadically yelling "hAN DS UP OR DIE" through there $11.99 microphone are the ones you should look out for with all this hit nonsense now taking fruition.