Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD Handbook Update 4/16/2020

1 minute ago, John Wayne said:

What clown authorized a vigi shooting within city limits is a down tier???

I didn't see that one but that's hilarious. That charge was always for just randomly shooting at shit though, right? As long as you have a legitimate reason to taze someone you're good.

4 minutes ago, Mr Majestic said:

We're in here reading too btw, happy to respond to questions in here while we have some attention to your issue.

This is how it should have been for months btw, when we originally added down tiering for Vigis, we're basically just correcting things with this one.

That's a fairly easy comp request though if anything happens because of it.

Yeah but we shouldn't have to go through the hassle of it. Should just be a normal ticket.

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Mr Majestic said:

I didn't see that one but that's hilarious. That charge was always for just randomly shooting at shit though, right? As long as you have a legitimate reason to taze someone you're good.

You can't leave it like that. There are way to many APD that have been vigi'd on their civs and will exploit that rule to rip a licsense. You can't leave alot of these upto common sense because of unfair bias.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr Majestic said:

I can stretch any of this shit. Verbal Threats... you tell me to hands up or you'll shoot, that's a threat. Downtiered.

• Like 1
Just now, John Wayne said:

I can stretch any of this shit. Verbal Threats... you tell me to hands up or you'll shoot, that's a threat. Downtiered.

There is a single charge that downtiering should be a thing on, and that's Drug Possession. Nothing else.

@Mr GOAT I haven't looked yet, but assuming these guys aren't bullshitting - this was not what was discussed and might need a couple of tweaks lmfao.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Mr Majestic said:

There is a single charge that downtiering should be a thing on, and that's Drug Possession. Nothing else.

@Mr GOAT I haven't looked yet, but assuming these guys aren't bullshitting - this was not what was discussed and might need a couple of tweaks lmfao.

It's actually insane the amount of anti-vigi these new changes are lol, like really really bad, ALOT of tweaks should happen lmfao

• Downvote 1
1 minute ago, BananaHammock said:

Why are yall so upset? GOAT just said YOU approved the changes.

Some of them. I'm thinking a slight bit of miscommunication, nothing that can't be fixed. I can guarentee no matter what the Vigis wont be happy, but really apart from Verbal threats and firing within city limits, a lot of these others make sense at complete license removals. If a normal civilian would have his weapon seized for the same crime, a Vigi should have his weapon and license seized too.

Just now, Mr Majestic said:

Some of them. I'm thinking a slight bit of miscommunication, nothing that can't be fixed. I can guarentee no matter what the Vigis wont be happy, but really apart from Verbal threats and firing within city limits, a lot of these others make sense at complete license removals. If a normal civilian would have his weapon seized for the same crime, a Vigi should have his weapon and license seized too.

I agree for some of the changes not all of them, I still can't wrap my head around the manslaughter one; with how the taser script has been known to act.

6 minutes ago, haleychu said:

I agree for some of the changes not all of them, I still can't wrap my head around the manslaughter one; with how the taser script has been known to act.

>Shoot guy in the head with a rook

>Officer the taser script bugged out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pepega 1
11 hours ago, Mr GOAT said:

The use of a teamspeak notifier or any other type of software to notify you of a Fed/BW will be frowned upon from this point forward.

Can we just make this straight up against the rules? "frowned upon" means absolutely nothing. Nothing.

For armed vehicles that may engage HVTs an officer of sufficient rank to operate the vehicle must be in the situation to call it "guns hot"

Can you please clarify this? Not sure I'm easily understanding. Let's make it transparent. 

If an officer fires any weapon out of the back "ramp" of the Armed Huron prior to being fired upon, that Armed Huron may not go "guns hot".

Prior to the Huron being fired upon, or prior to the rebel being fired upon? Can the Huron go "guns hot", shoot the guns, and then an officer can fire out the back ramp?

• Like 2
35 minutes ago, haleychu said:

just send a dispatch i can guarantee any corp+ will pardon you for it

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Weapon Trafficking is a VL rip? Can we make a clarification stating that 3 ILLEGAL weapons in trafficking? Or 3 non-licensed weapons?

If I am a vigilante with a license... literally for my weapons... I should be allowed to have 3. My Spar, my .45, and my 9mm for when it gets sweaty.

If I'm a civ, and I have a GUN LICENSE then I should be able to buy GUNS and have 3 Rooks if I want.

No license and 3 guns of any kind. Sure. 

Just seems a useless charge with only room for abuse. I get caught by APD all the time with my primary, a secondary, and a titan or RPG. Literally never have been given this charge. @Mr GOAT Just looking for clarifications. Beyond that, thanks for the updated handbook.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6 minutes ago, i chop hatchbacks said:

just send a dispatch i can guarantee any corp+ will pardon you for it

Have you met the APD? They always text me back "denied" anytime I msg them lol. No pardons, especially on vigi. No lie, I can get a 100k+ pardon on rebel for torturing civs, but not for a taser script error.

2 minutes ago, Soap del Mar said:

Have you met the APD? They always text me back "denied" anytime I msg them lol. No pardons, especially on vigi. No lie, I can get a 100k+ pardon on rebel for torturing civs, but not for a taser script error.

then dont mention your a vigi just say it was self defense

Just now, i chop hatchbacks said:

then dont mention your a vigi just say it was self defense

I am a vigi tho and it wasnt self defense... it was a taser script failure.. If I went that route I'd never get comp'd assuming Shadowplay is working that day

Just now, Revise said:

Or if you are a vigi and accidentally lethal you can go pay it off at the courthouse same goes for gang homicide.

This is 100% true and the route I personally always take, but for the odd event that you are caught on your way, there is just room for error that is not necessary. Make it 2 or 3x manslaughters is an insta-rip. But 1x manslaughter or gang homicide.. at least require some RP beforehand and if they RP its gone.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Soap del Mar said:

Weapon Trafficking is a VL rip? Can we make a clarification stating that 3 ILLEGAL weapons in trafficking? Or 3 non-licensed weapons?

If I am a vigilante with a license... literally for my weapons... I should be allowed to have 3. My Spar, my .45, and my 9mm for when it gets sweaty.

If I'm a civ, and I have a GUN LICENSE then I should be able to buy GUNS and have 3 Rooks if I want.

No license and 3 guns of any kind. Sure. 

Just seems a useless charge with only room for abuse. I get caught by APD all the time with my primary, a secondary, and a titan or RPG. Literally never have been given this charge. @Mr GOAT Just looking for clarifications. Beyond that, thanks for the updated handbook.

If you've got a robbing charge you're not getting pardoned by pretty much any corp+. I need pardons to get to the last title so hit ya boy up.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Soap del Mar said:

Can you please clarify this? Not sure I'm easily understanding. Let's make it transparent. 

Bascially there is a new thing called "High Value Targets," this is supposed to be any civilians that are wanted for $300,000 or more, or they are operating a zamack+ style vehicle in an illegal manner (Harboring illegal items). This new idea is put in place so that vehicles that are less "Fuck you over" (referring to the real "Fuck you over" vehicle as the Ghosthawk) like the jeep and plane are, can be used to still help in some fights. The particular rule you are addressing as being confused on, is the statement that clarifies that for someone to engage and kill these "High Value Targets," the proper rank of that vehicle must be present. That means that for you to kill HVTs with an armed jeep, you will need at least a Corporal+ present, and for the armed plane, a Sergeant+ present. I hope this helps you but if not, hmu on ts, I'm always chillin

• TriHard 1
Just now, Rossco said:

Bascially there is a new thing called "High Value Targets," this is supposed to be any civilians that are wanted for $300,000 or more, or they are operating a zamack+ style vehicle in an illegal manner (Harboring illegal items). This new idea is put in place so that vehicles that are less "Fuck you over" (referring to the real "Fuck you over" vehicle as the Ghosthawk) like the jeep and plane are, can be used to still help in some fights. The particular rule you are addressing as being confused on, is the statement that clarifies that for someone to engage and kill these "High Value Targets," the proper rank of that vehicle must be present. That means that for you to kill HVTs with an armed jeep, you will need at least a Corporal+ present, and for the armed plane, a Sergeant+ present. I hope this helps you but if not, hmu on ts, I'm always chillin

Perfect, thank you! 

Just now, ThatNerdyGuy said:

If you've got a robbing charge you're not getting pardoned by pretty much any corp+. I need pardons to get to the last title so hit ya boy up.

I will be hitting you up sir. I know it SAYS i killed those 11 men but i promise i din do nuffin it was self fence

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Soap del Mar said:

Perfect, thank you! 

I will be hitting you up sir. I know it SAYS i killed those 11 men but i promise i din do nuffin it was self fence

I have standards lol

• Downvote 1