Locked APD Handbook Update 11/10/20

2 hours ago, Panda smile said:

Just because the Vehicle is illegal does not mean they have to act on it. If they want to roleplay they aren't required to chase you just like they did when they let you drive a jet down the MSR when I can assume you prob had a bounty along with a illegal weapon.

if you came out from your rock and played your own server you admin for you'd realize how retarded this sounds

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, -King- said:

if you came out from your rock and played your own server you admin for you'd realize how retarded this sounds

https://gyazo.com/65ca31d30bf12530052370fc9447e9c4 

If you had extensive time played on both of the concerning factions and had any idea how server balance works you would realize that this change helps more civs than it hurts.

3 minutes ago, Panda smile said:

https://gyazo.com/65ca31d30bf12530052370fc9447e9c4 

If you had extensive time played on both of the concerning factions and had any idea how server balance works you would realize that this change helps more civs than it hurts.

I fail to see the problem here that necessitates a change on the APD side. Since when it is the role of APD to make it harder for civs to scout redzones? I have yet to be presented with an argument of how an unarmed jet is overpowered as a legal vehicle other than it goes fast. Saying there's a problem without empirical evidence doesn't mean there's a problem.

Just now, Silton said:

Crazy how cops can get Mar-10s from store high levels of vests and 700k ghosthawks but 8m jets are an issue.

Remember they have no lives and dedicated hundreds of hours to have access to that gear, unalike the rest of us plebeian civilians who don't have thousands of hours on the server who deserve to be shit on

Oh wait....

1 minute ago, Blueangelman36 said:

I fail to see the problem here that necessitates a change on the APD side. Since when it is the role of APD to make it harder for civs to scout redzones? I have yet to be presented with an argument of how an unarmed jet is overpowered as a legal vehicle other than it goes fast. Saying there's a problem without empirical evidence doesn't mean there's a problem.

Would you say giving one of those to the APD would be over powered?

1 minute ago, Panda smile said:

Would you say giving one of those to the APD would be over powered?

Not at all. If anything I would view it as a weakness to APD because even if you saw illegal activity in a redzone you'd have to wait 15 minutes before returning unless the rules were re-written. You can't get bounties going 1400kph. You can't shoot anything and they're loud as hell so everyone knows your coming from 4k away

Just now, Blueangelman36 said:

Not at all. If anything I would view it as a weakness to APD because even if you saw illegal activity in a redzone you'd have to wait 15 minutes before returning unless the rules were re-written. You can't get bounties going 1400kph. You can't shoot anything and they're loud as hell so everyone knows your coming from 4k away

No in the APD handbook technically if this Jet was a thing they could land it at an HQ and pull a ground vehicle and go back.

Also funny to see sAPD understand the struggles of the civ and new civs on the server. How many complaints have you gotten specifically about jets? Do you talk to lots of people when you play civ @Zeuse?

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Panda smile said:

No in the APD handbook technically if this Jet was a thing they could land it at an HQ and pull a ground vehicle and go back.

That still seems like a fair reason. If I heard a jet fly over me you better believe I'm outta there long before you have time to land at HQ and return

12 minutes ago, Panda smile said:

Im sure a lot of people would disagree with you.

And that's fine and I welcome them to. But on this point, if you advocated for it, I would agree with you.

2 minutes ago, Civak said:

Alright boys all future Gang Wars Winners will get T5 and MAR-10 available for purchase at rebel outposts :papega:

At least the Mar 10s wouldn't have a hard time shooting the jet pilots out on the ground

• Kappa 1
3 hours ago, Panda smile said:

And how often do you think that a cop is going to be able to seize a jet. I can guarantee that less than 15 will be seized over the next 6 months.

you are probably right. very few will be seized. but that is quite a lot of money going bye bye in which people spent most likely to just have fun flying around in them. I've seen u flying around in Admin spawned ones just having fun, its the same thing for them.

91e07a71c98c03cb9fafa59426b56b31.png

In reality yes, it can be used  to scout the map really quickly, but no one actually does it. Hardly anyone genuinely does it anymore, it costs way too much for busting 1 person doing a box truck run which doesn't even profit you. Most people fly jets around to have fun.

If you really think about it, APD patrolling around in Ghosthawks is worse for the server. Sr's pull them whenever they want there are no restrictions on when to pull it besides "high gang activity" which they deem themselves. Just like the APD armed planes, they can pull it and patrol the map all they would like so long as there is someone on the server that is wanted for 350k. That isn't right, some Sr. APD abuse the feature of HVT. Now back to Ghawks, they pull up on ppl doing runs who aren't even allowed to shoot at their helicopter without the ghosthawk going guns hot. So they have the advantage right off the bat, they can lower to the ground safely preparing to hot drop a bunch of ppl. There have been plenty of times newer ppl didn't know that rule and got piped up for it. Now don't get me wrong I am not saying to remove Ghosthawks but limiting them more would probably help, as in responding to high gang activity not seeing 5+ Noble kids on and pulling the hawk but actually witnessing it. 

I could comfortably say the Ghosthawk is the most OP thing on this server and it is used so loosely for patrolling rather than using it for what it is meant for. High rebel activity, armored vehicles, aerial vehicles, etc. It is the same with the armed plane for the APD as well, there are intended restrictions that are flawed in the system which allows them to "abuse" them. 

4 hours ago, Zeuse said:

@Millennium

I stand corrected. You can drive it on the ground thru Kavala, but you cannot land it there. You would have to taxi it in as he said.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TM_ said:

@Grandma Gary Give us armed and stocked ammo all the Jets pls. sAPD will learn the difference... Hell, FEEL the difference in a hour because they'll come to Nanna Gary in .00001 seconds of the first strafe run.

PS: sAPD should get HMGs and RPG in Armory for ANY MEANS.

terrible suggestion

Hey guys, jets are armed with guns that you CAN'T PHYSICALLY USE no matter what M5 menu you use, but they still look intimidating so lets make them illegal!

2 hours ago, Panda smile said:

Like 20 civs out of the entire population of Civs? Nah.

IDK where I stand on this rule change because I can see both sides and both have some great arguments,

But currently 45 people hold whitelists that give them T-5 vests and 60 have access to MAR-10s, no shit there are more corporals with access to T3 vests and 7.62 then active corporals. Yes, they're not all active, but it's more than 20 people when just retired SAPD (glorified corp WL) outnumber actual corporals.

1 hour ago, Millennium said:

you are probably right. very few will be seized. but that is quite a lot of money going bye bye in which people spent most likely to just have fun flying around in them. I've seen u flying around in Admin spawned ones just having fun, its the same thing for them.

I only fly in admin spawned one because the guns are enabled on them and yes from time to time I fly them and use the guns to kill friends joking around. I never said people dont use them for anything else besides scouting.

1 minute ago, sploding said:

IDK where I stand on this rule change because I can see both sides and both have some great arguments,

But currently 45 people hold whitelists that give them T-5 vests and 60 have access to MAR-10s, no shit there are more corporals with access to T3 vests and 7.62 then active corporals. Yes, they're not all active, but it's more than 20 people when just retired SAPD (glorified corp WL) outnumber actual corporals.

Ik there is more than 20 but there is prob give or take 20 people that actively play and take advantage of it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Monks said:

Actually no, we tested it and it took 7 mk1 mags sitting completely still before the driver even took damage

all i can say is, your dogshit buddy, 1 mk1 shot from the right angle will kill the pilot with t3 vest