Don't trust this scammer

Hi everybody. So many of you know @SystemChips. We all thought he was a good guy. Most of you probably still do. Well, that's a lie.

So he started a small minecraft server and I helped him moderate it. No biggy. Took like 20-30 mins out of my day. He also set up donations (cool why not). Well after he got around, I'd estimate based of off our conversations and the various donator tiers, around $1000 in profit., he ghosted everyone. He took money from a bunch of kids and some adults and then he shut down the server. No message. No contact at all. Nothing. Not after I asked him what's up with the server, when he told me that he's just "busy with work and school right now." He's also appearing offline so that people won't message him about it. 

Now don't get me wrong, he didn't do anything illegal. He technically provided a service which people paid for and they got that service, well sort of. See he ran the server for like 3 months and got all that money (again from kids and even some adults), only to just leave, not talk to anyone, and eventually shut it down. 

"So, AmericanWaffle, how does this concern any of us?" Well I was his friend because of this place and because I was one of these people, I know that system is friends with a LOT of you on here. Now I'm not the morale police so I'm not gonna be like "GO CANCEL HIM YOU CAN'T BE FRIENDS WITH A SCAMMER." But I am here because this platform is the easiest way to get the message out to the most people who could be effect. This warning simply is: don't trust @SystemChips, especially with money. He robbed a bunch of people, snaking tons of money in the process. He isn't a reliable individual as so many of us thought. If you really don't care, sorry you read through all of that.

• Like 8
  • PogChamp 2
  • Pepega 1
  • Clown 2
  • Downvote 2
  • STFU 2
44 minutes ago, AmericanWaffle said:

He robbed a bunch of people, snaking tons of money in the process. 

So how do you get this.

45 minutes ago, AmericanWaffle said:

Now don't get me wrong, he didn't do anything illegal. He technically provided a service which people paid for and they got that service, well sort of.

From that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Bloodmoon said:

So how do you get this.

From that?

probably just a semantics issue. The bottom line was that he took money from vulnerable kids who trusted him and ran away. And I'm not talking about 15 year olds. Younger, more like 8-12. Some were older, but a large chunk are literal children.

1 minute ago, AmericanWaffle said:

probably just a semantics issue. The bottom line was that he took money from vulnerable kids who trusted him and ran away. And I'm not talking about 15 year olds. Younger, more like 8-12. Some were older, but a large chunk are literal children.

sounds like free money

Just now, Montez said:

sounds like free money

Pretty much. it's just the fact that he took it from young vulnerable people and then some older people and ran away. Just thought many of you should know not to trust him.

Plenty of small servers/server owners do this in the eventuality that either 

1. Their server isn't extremely popular and at some point they see it shutting down. So they go ahead and do it themselves.

2. They actually become busy with things and don't see anyone else fit to run their server.

I've met System, I think once and he doesn't seem like to bad a guy. While it is considered wrong It's just the way things shape out with most servers that aren't hugely popular.

Edited by vedalkenn
accidental thing
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, vedalkenn said:

Plenty of small servers/server owners do this in the eventuality that either 

1. Their server isn't extremely popular and at some point they see it shutting down. So they go ahead and do it themselves.

2. They actually become busy with things and don't see anyone else fit to run their server.

I've met System, I think once and he doesn't seem like to bad a guy. While it is considered wrong It's just the way things shape out with most servers that aren't hugely popular.

Oh yeah man that does make sense. But that narrative doesn't fit in line with ghosting the whole community (including me) for three months, while taking money from literal children, and just shutting it down without telling anyone. Server was averaging 20-30 pop before that three month period. Just saying don't trust the guy.

27 minutes ago, AmericanWaffle said:

So this is an issue with their parents, not systemchips, got it.

• Like 1