Drones?

add drones?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. add drones

• Admin

What do you guys think about adding the pelican to the server. Seen here Utility Drone | Armed Assault Wiki | Fandom. I think these could open the door for some cool fights/recon on people. They go down in like 2 shots from a mk1 so I dont see it being too broken. NOTE it lacks a laser designator and does not possess a secondary camera with thermal/night vision capability

One thing I haven't thought about was how we would get them. Either BW or reb I'm not too sure. 

LMK what you think boys :^)

Edited by Noble

If they had a super small radius so people couldnt sit far out of red zones and watch and were ~100-200k each i could actually see these being used and not to broken, maybe disable them entirely in the cartel area so the rats dont complain.

Except you can also use multiple drones as one person. You could throw down a drone for all red zones and basically block off runs on the server. Doesn’t even really matter if people shoot it down because then you still know someone is there. Planes and helicopters should remain to be the scouting tool because it requires you to fly there.

Actually wait, this would be a great vigilante tool. I changed my opinion, add this shit. No runs for anyone.

I think if it WERE to happen, it would need to have some serious balancing conditions. For example: 
    - The UAV operator needs to keep the drone with x distance or else it will lose connection. 

- UAV operator can only have one drone in deployment at a time.

- No Thermals/Other enhanced equipment. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Venomm said:

I think if it WERE to happen, it would need to have some serious balancing conditions. For example: 
    - The UAV operator needs to keep the drone with x distance or else it will lose connection. 

- UAV operator can only have one drone in deployment at a time.

- No Thermals/Other enhanced equipment

+1

Fuck

No.

Here is a drone over the middle of the fed at 415m. As you can see, it's very easy to spot, just be careful to avoid the specs of dust you may have on your monitor.

IOyfK52w_1587436075.jpg

Additionally, at only 415m, it's low enough that every point in the fed has a shot. Oh wait, nevermind, you can't shoot it from inside the fed.

Also, you can clearly hear the drone as it is a large and loud vehicle, even at lower volumes you can hear it easily over gunshots. Jk, lied again.

Here's the view from the drone turret.

KTg4QNKq_1587436120.jpg

Creds to @Zahzi from months ago. (literally a copy and paste from what he posted)

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Additionally, at only 415m

50m radius around player. Make them deploy a physical terminal and limit the radius seems like a easy fix and would allow cool shit

14 minutes ago, Millennium said:

Fuck

No.

Here is a drone over the middle of the fed at 415m. As you can see, it's very easy to spot, just be careful to avoid the specs of dust you may have on your monitor.

IOyfK52w_1587436075.jpg

Additionally, at only 415m, it's low enough that every point in the fed has a shot. Oh wait, nevermind, you can't shoot it from inside the fed.

Also, you can clearly hear the drone as it is a large and loud vehicle, even at lower volumes you can hear it easily over gunshots. Jk, lied again.

Here's the view from the drone turret.

KTg4QNKq_1587436120.jpg

Creds to @Zahzi from months ago. (literally a copy and paste from what he posted)

You are using a darter there tho which is the smallest. He's suggesting the 8 motor one which is alot bigger. I believe it could be fun but it would need hella balancing

Edited by Bushz
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Strafe said:

50m radius around player. Make them deploy a physical terminal and limit the radius seems like a easy fix and would allow cool shit

1. playing with a group of friends, one guy takes cover and uses the drone for a extremely high tac advantage of constatly able to give consistent call outs safely.

2. If civs get it cops will most likely get it as well.

3. If its limited to 50m what really is the point. It will be easy to spot sure, but then it is completely useless.(Unless you do what I said in 1)

1 minute ago, Bushz said:

You are using a darter there tho which is the smallest. He's suggesting the 8 motor one which is alot bigger. I believe it could be fun but it would need hella balancing

That is an Ar-2. Yes this one he is talking about is bigger, but if it is that high it will still be just as difficult to spot.

2 minutes ago, Millennium said:

1. playing with a group of friends, one guy takes cover and uses the drone for a extremely high tac advantage of constatly able to give consistent call outs safely.

3. If its limited to 50m what really is the point. It will be easy to spot sure, but then it is completely useless.(Unless you do what I said in 1)

Could do like 100m 

3 minutes ago, Millennium said:

That is an Ar-2. Yes this one he is talking about is bigger, but if it is that high it will still be just as difficult to spot.

True true that's why I think they should put a height limit on it if they do this

• Lead Developer

Hard -1.

• Admin
3 hours ago, Millennium said:

1. This server has plenty of shit that gives people advantages 
2. I mean I wouldn't be mad if i got spotted by a drone and got my run fucked. That shit is cool as fuck 

I can see the issues and it would take work from staff and there is definitely better places to spend dev time. Still would be cool if it were perfected