Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

petition to activate the miniguns only on armed hellcats

Having used those things a lot in Arma I can tell you that having that firepower would kill the meta for aerial combat. Also everyone would just buy one either hoping they can use the guns when it becomes rare or to prevent others from using it by stockpiling. 

wow this server has gone down hill  community is way more toxic  (and the admins)  more hackers  and s2 doesnt even have the pop to stay open  sorry for the suggestion

rafa fair enough thanks for intelligent response instead of being toxic as shit

• Like 3
  • Lead Developer
4 hours ago, xxdausxx said:

wow this server has gone down hill  community is way more toxic  (and the admins)  more hackers  and s2 doesnt even have the pop to stay open  sorry for the suggestion

rafa fair enough thanks for intelligent response instead of being toxic as shit

Community is about as toxic as it used to be, can't really say it's gotten worse. As for staff being toxic, it's just not true. When you are presented with a fact by one of the admins that states a simple fact "The vehicle was not removed", and you come back stating that they are being toxic and not listening to the fact that it actually hasn't been removed, it does not make them toxic. It makes you seem toxic.

The amount of blatant cheaters is WAY down, server used to get blown up weekly and now we only see it happen once a month or so. The not-so-blatant skids get banned 99% of the time within a few days, and will always get banned in the end.

As for the low pop, you may or may not have noticed that the only servers that have more than 1 server anymore is KoTH and us. This is because not as many people are playing arma as a whole due to it being 8 years old.

The suggestion itself has been brought up a few times throughout the time the server has been up, but has always been shot down due to one main reason. It's too over-powered. One DAR can blow up any vehicle aside from an ifrit or strider unless it's a direct hit, which it will still disable it completely if it doesn't. This would mean a single person with an armed hellcat could win literally any fight if they knew how to fly and flare properly.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Fraali said:

Community is about as toxic as it used to be, can't really say it's gotten worse. As for staff being toxic, it's just not true. When you are presented with a fact by one of the admins that states a simple fact "The vehicle was not removed", and you come back stating that they are being toxic and not listening to the fact that it actually hasn't been removed, it does not make them toxic. It makes you seem toxic.

The amount of blatant cheaters is WAY down, server used to get blown up weekly and now we only see it happen once a month or so. The not-so-blatant skids get banned 99% of the time within a few days, and will always get banned in the end.

As for the low pop, you may or may not have noticed that the only servers that have more than 1 server anymore is KoTH and us. This is because not as many people are playing arma as a whole due to it being 8 years old.

The suggestion itself has been brought up a few times throughout the time the server has been up, but has always been shot down due to one main reason. It's too over-powered. One DAR can blow up any vehicle aside from an ifrit or strider unless it's a direct hit, which it will still disable it completely if it doesn't. This would mean a single person with an armed hellcat could win literally any fight if they knew how to fly and flare properly.

thats your opinion and i have mine. with the staff tbh we all know they pick favorites and let some gangs slide while scrutinizing others heavily, as for cheaters, it is way worse now. maybe less greifing hackers but exploiting and trainers are rampant and most seem to just get a pass which is breeding more exploiting/toxicity.   yet again this is only a personal opinion so shit on it all u like.

4 hours ago, Fraali said:

as for the suggestion i agree with the reasoning the more that i think abt it 

• Like 2
  • STFU 1
2 hours ago, xxdausxx said:

thats your opinion and i have mine. with the staff tbh we all know they pick favorites and let some gangs slide while scrutinizing others heavily, as for cheaters, it is way worse now. maybe less greifing hackers but exploiting and trainers are rampant and most seem to just get a pass which is breeding more exploiting/toxicity.   yet again this is only a personal opinion so shit on it all u like.

as for the suggestion i agree with the reasoning the more that i think abt it 

thats actually crazy if you think that. We don’t care if your in a certain gang you still catching a ban. Sometimes if the staff member was on and was even somewhat a part of the situation they’ll let other staff members deal with it.  Hacking is a lot more common now because the game is 8 years old. So many cheats have been developed, like fraali said we can’t catch 100% of them. Do we want to? Fuck yeah, none of us like cheaters. They ruin the game for everyone. I also have no clue what you mean by trainer hackers or whatever u mean by that.

the server has always been toxic, ESPECIALLY on the forums. You may have just never truly seen what it was like. If your thinking about reactions, just ignore them they are usually just pure comedy.

• Like 3
  • BlessUp 1
  • Kreygasm 1
  • Pepega 1
6 hours ago, Millennium said:

thats actually crazy if you think that. We don’t care if your in a certain gang you still catching a ban. Sometimes if the staff member was on and was even somewhat a part of the situation they’ll let other staff members deal with it.  Hacking is a lot more common now because the game is 8 years old. So many cheats have been developed, like fraali said we can’t catch 100% of them. Do we want to? Fuck yeah, none of us like cheaters. They ruin the game for everyone. I also have no clue what you mean by trainer hackers or whatever u mean by that.

the server has always been toxic, ESPECIALLY on the forums. You may have just never truly seen what it was like. If your thinking about reactions, just ignore them they are usually just pure comedy.

from the pov of the staff its far less obvious but as a player its clearly a problem   toxic wasnt the right word more like bias. it happens everywhere cause thats just human nature but some places worse than others   if your trying to tell me a staff member having bad blood with a certian gang and acting  upon it doesn't happen and never has, thats big cap     

• Lead Developer
3 hours ago, xxdausxx said:

from the pov of the staff its far less obvious but as a player its clearly a problem   toxic wasnt the right word more like bias. it happens everywhere cause thats just human nature but some places worse than others   if your trying to tell me a staff member having bad blood with a certian gang and acting  upon it doesn't happen and never has, thats big cap     

I will not say that it has NEVER happened, however it's definitely not happening NEARLY as much as you say it is. 

If staff see someone break a rule, they can talk to you if they think it was an accident, or ban you outright if it wasn't.

Like Millenium said about staff in gangs being biased toward them, it's not true. If the situation was that a member in their gang broke a rule, they will not get banned by that staff member, but it WILL be brought up to any other staff that was not a part of that situation in order to avoid any kind of bias.

If you get banned by a staff member and you think it was biased or wrong, you can always submit a ban appeal (if you first get denied by the banning staff member) requesting an admin, and then a senior admin if that still didnt work. If none of that works, you can probably gather that it wasnt biased at all, but your own misconception. We do look into that kind of thing, contarary to belief.

5 hours ago, xxdausxx said:

Honestly, I don’t give 2 shits who or what gang you are in. At the end of the day, if you broke a rule you broke a rule and I will take action on that. Obviously it varies depending on the severity, evidence provided, ban history, etc.

So many people report someone and expect them to get banned for like 3 days meanwhile it may have been there first ban in months so then its only a 1 day. We follow a pattern on how many days we ban someone for. The least favorite gang of mine is probably Silla because they fuck with new players, but I let them off the hook all the time after talking to them. You can ask any of them that I have banned in the past. 

Sure being biased is a natural thing, but we try and not do that. I personally haven’t seen any in the time of me being staff, and thats not saying there hasn’t I can’t see everything. But you are thinking its on such a larger scale when its not. We don’t hold grudges on people, like a lot of people do. 

If you think its an issue you can provide evidence or mentions things that have occurred and we can talk about it if you like, but a lot of the time someone calls us out on being biased there is nothing to back it up.

Literally ask anyone that I have done a ban appeal for, or talked to, and they will 95% of the time tell you I’m very lenient. I think its safe to say that for the rest of the staff as well.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...