The end is here.

I mean tbf, you are beaming cunts straight through trees, surely a 6year veteran of olympus should know that getting a bug is one thing but abusing it is another? May as well of being using ESP at that point. I don’t even post on forums and i do like you but you’re being a silly silly man. I’m sure this kind of ban could’ve definitely been sorted out pretty effortlessly but being a right cunt and saying shit like he’s an old man and he has a thumb up his hole, or making 2 (i believe) petty forum posts to try and humiliate him does piss all. Fuck i wrote so much i didn’t mean too.

• Like 4
  • BlessUp 1
  • Cringe 2
3 hours ago, CaloomClark said:

I mean tbf, you are beaming cunts straight through trees, surely a 6year veteran of olympus should know that getting a bug is one thing but abusing it is another? May as well of being using ESP at that point. I don’t even post on forums and i do like you but you’re being a silly silly man. I’m sure this kind of ban could’ve definitely been sorted out pretty effortlessly but being a right cunt and saying shit like he’s an old man and he has a thumb up his hole, or making 2 (i believe) petty forum posts to try and humiliate him does piss all. Fuck i wrote so much i didn’t mean too.

tbf that was the first time ive done that n i wasnt aware of it being non visible, you saw my screen i saw a hatch i shot it, and i didnt abuse it as i only play conquests and i still have smokes so nothings different there, and yes your right the ban can easily be sorted but thats not the point. the whole situation is retarded and while we ask staff to spectate obvious cheaters during conquest, they instead waste their time spectating an obvious non cheater on s1.

the state of the server compared to what it used to be is down bad, and sure you can blame it on the game dying but reality has its cuz this server is now ran by muppets who get what they want. mcdili or poseidon would be fucking disappointed in what this community turned into.

Edited by proud
  • Like 1
  • BlessUp 1

I feel obligated to add to this, a buddy of mine placed in a report on someone using this "exploit" to benefit themselves back in August, this report even features the POV of the guy abusing the exploit yet its still not been dealt with. To make matters even weirder, that's not the first report put in, the first one was DENIED by @ ThatNerdyGuy  for insufficient evidence yet the guy's POV was literally included in the video itself. You telling me proud gets a perm for this asap but some guy doing the same is too hard to deal with?

Just look at the video itself, you telling me this is insufficient evidence to showcase that he's clearly using the AMD Exploit to benefit himself? 

This guy did what proud did, why is he not permed? And why has it taken 2+ months to deal with someone doing something that's according to Olympus Staff a instant perm ban? 

I'm honestly quite curious why the report that in my current mindset should be a blanket perm is still not dealt with? 

• Like 6
  • STFU 1
12 hours ago, proud said:

a graphics card bug out of my control. no matter how many times you tell me to fix it im not gonna sit here and explain the problem with fixing it

Sounds like you got permed because you refused to fix an amd driver bug on your end that you wanted to continue abusing

For anyone else who has the bug either rollback to an older driver 

Or disable ATOC in AA+ video setting 

2 hours ago, SPBojo said:

I feel obligated to add to this, a buddy of mine placed in a report on someone using this "exploit" to benefit themselves back in August, this report even features the POV of the guy abusing the exploit yet its still not been dealt with. To make matters even weirder, that's not the first report put in, the first one was DENIED by @ ThatNerdyGuy  for insufficient evidence yet the guy's POV was literally included in the video itself. You telling me proud gets a perm for this asap but some guy doing the same is too hard to deal with?

Just look at the video itself, you telling me this is insufficient evidence to showcase that he's clearly using the AMD Exploit to benefit himself? 

This guy did what proud did, why is he not permed? And why has it taken 2+ months to deal with someone doing something that's according to Olympus Staff a instant perm ban? 

I'm honestly quite curious why the report that in my current mindset should be a blanket perm is still not dealt with? 

respect for all this info but doubt its gonna do anything, just proves how clueless staff are.

1 hour ago, marhanen said:

Sounds like you got permed because you refused to fix an amd driver bug on your end that you wanted to continue abusing

For anyone else who has the bug either rollback to an older driver 

Or disable ATOC in AA+ video setting 

in the nicest way possible, reread what i said moron🤦‍♂️

11 hours ago, proud said:

in the nicest way possible, reread what i said moron🤦‍♂️

"graphics card bug out of my control. no matter how many times you tell me to fix it im not gonna sit here and explain the problem with fixing it when an old man tells me im gone immediately, not how that works."

It's a fixable bug that you are not willing to correct. Or you are lieing in your post

I also doubt your version of events that you were going to be permed even if you apologized and fixed it {or even lied and just didn't shoot people through trees to it fixed itself}  cause It has been shown time and again that when someone gets banned and makes a butthurt post about it they are always excluding or misrepresenting the full facts of the situation

Also I am sure that you have already spent more time complaining on this forum post then it would have took for you to explain whatever your excuse was for why it was impossible to correct your rendering bug

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
16 hours ago, SPBojo said:

Bojo, you and I have been around for quite some time buddy. Has a staff members decision ever made sense to you?

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Fuzy said:

Bojo, you and I have been around for quite some time buddy. Has a staff members decision ever made sense to you?

You do have a point there hah

• Like 1
  • Senior Developer

I probably shouldn't try to be productive here, but fuck it I'll chime in.

There has been a well-known fix for this for a while (2+ months, and I found it within 5mins of googling when a gang member mentioned it), so I think punishing players knowingly abusing it is the right choice.

That said, there's definitely some people who don't know that there's a fix available. To solve that, I think maybe a PSA on the forums would be worth it to notify people experiencing the issue what they should do to fix it, and that they will receive administrative punishment for not complying.

Lastly, I agree with Bojo that regardless of the above, any action taken should be applied in a uniform manner, given all other variables (timing of report, ban history, etc.) being equal. I don't know when the report that @ SPBojo is talking about was submitted, so it may have been ages ago, when the issue was new, and it's not reasonable to expect people to have known the fix. I don't know if that's the case though; I just wanted to mention that it's a possibility.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, a simple PSA either on the load screen or the forums could have prevented any ambiguity with regards to this. I still think that by this point, anyone running their game in the broken state should know better and be punished, but I think the transparency of just a PSA could have made it much clearer.

tl;dr - I agree with the bans, but think they should be applied in a uniform manner. I also think that a PSA from staff about the issue could have helped to remove ambiguity and notify the uninformed about how to resolve the issue on their end.

Side note - AMD... stop breaking your shader compiler in driver updates. kthxbai

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, codeYeTi said:

There has been a well-known fix for this for a while (2+ months, and I found it within 5mins of googling when a gang member mentioned it), so I think punishing players knowingly abusing it is the right choice.

That said, there's definitely some people who don't know that there's a fix available. To solve that, I think maybe a PSA on the forums would be worth it to notify people experiencing the issue what they should do to fix it, and that they will receive administrative punishment for not complying.

Lastly, I agree with Bojo that regardless of the above, any action taken should be applied in a uniform manner, given all other variables (timing of report, ban history, etc.) being equal. I don't know when the report that @ SPBojo is talking about was submitted, so it may have been ages ago, when the issue was new, and it's not reasonable to expect people to have known the fix. I don't know if that's the case though; I just wanted to mention that it's a possibility.

At the end of the day, in my opinion, a simple PSA either on the load screen or the forums could have prevented any ambiguity with regards to this. I still think that by this point, anyone running their game in the broken state should know better and be punished, but I think the transparency of just a PSA could have made it much clearer.

tl;dr - I agree with the bans, but think they should be applied in a uniform manner. I also think that a PSA from staff about the issue could have helped to remove ambiguity and notify the uninformed about how to resolve the issue on their end.

Side note - AMD... stop breaking your shader compiler in driver updates. kthxbai

shut up randy

• Like 1
  • Head Admin
1 hour ago, Skys said:

shut up randy

That's not Randy, it's CokeYeti you silly goose.

Also @ proud

On 10/6/2021 at 2:02 PM, proud said:

graphics card bug out of my control.

You weren't banned because of the bug existing, you where banned because you abused the shit out of it knowing full well it can be fixed by a simple change of graphic settings ;D

Shouldn't have been a perm though.

b846e937b361ee76e689996bb7bdaf66.png

^_^

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 2
19 hours ago, SPBojo said:

lol he got fucked and thats all there is. boy was so mad he went to our discord crying he lost 5 mill kit lol. and if you go to the exact placement there was nothing restricting his view of seeing my partner 🙂 maybe thats why staff denied it 🙂

2 hours ago, codeYeTi said:

I don't know when the report that @ SPBojo is talking about was submitted, so it may have been ages ago, when the issue was new, and it's not reasonable to expect people to have known the fix. I don't know if that's the case though; I just wanted to mention that it's a possibility.

@ codeYeTi  i remember this perfectly it was right after the update and i would say it was denied because you could go to the spot he was at and it was a clear field of view. so the guy just got fucked no rules was broken in the video thats why my boy sympathized  with bush crying about losing his "5 mill kit" so he said. and @ proud  there has been a fix since the first week of the bug. you play enough to know that all of the tall grass was gone and the trees had no leaves so honestly a google search could have helped you but you decided to keep it like that. you knew with 100% certainty that there was something not right about the trees and grass being gone.  

• Cringe 1
  • STFU 1
4 hours ago, marhanen said:

It's a fixable bug that you are not willing to correct. Or you are lieing in your post

i give up on retards🤦‍♂️ tried every way and it failed, but if u actually read it you would understand that

2 hours ago, codeYeTi said:

am working with amd employees to find out a fix, turns out i have a Radeon Vega RX and for some reason for these AMD ones the bug is still a thing. Not explaining all that to the old man though because only thing I was told before the "ur gone kid" was "what graphics card you using?" and didnt give me time to even start talking.

56 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Also @ proud

You weren't banned because of the bug existing, you where banned because you abused the shit out of it knowing full well it can be fixed by a simple change of graphic settings ;D

I know thats cap because I only play conquests and if you know me then you know all I do is slam smokes. I still have smokes, nothing is wrong with my smokes, only reeds and leaves on trees wouldn't load and when do I ever go near reeds or acknowledge the leaves on trees? You're saying I abused it when the only time I "abused" it was that clip, and again I don't acknowledge there are leaves on those trees I'm just shooting a hatchback. And for the 4th time now I'm working with AMD employees to sort out why only my type of graphics card isn't getting this patch. Either way you and I both know how Fraali went upon this and the answer to that is like a fucking bitch, never said lets have a word to discuss it, just straight up "ur gone kid".

While this bug has it's advantages I never went out of my way to abuse it, and because of some old mans assumptions and judging of me I get permed for it. Ever since my DDoS perm I think I've been banned twice, and that was 4 years ago.

Conclusion to this paragraph, the server is mainly ran by power hungry morons who are turning the server into what they think is perfect and I don't feel like wasting my time making a ban appeal just to return to this disaster. You needa do something about the state of the server.

• Like 2