What is the official 'error no vehicle' rule call?

I've come across some issues of trying to engage people that have the error no vehicle bug and can't.  Obviously that bugs been around a long time, but I'm curious what is the engagement protocol in this situation or are they just engagement immune?

I'm getting annoyed because I'm running across quite a few people with it that are fully aware of it that refuse to restart their client.   If I try, get the error, is that good enough from that point?

@ ThatNerdyGuy

@ Headless  @ Ryan

If you cant text them you verbal them.

If you cant text due to bug being allowed to just, in lack of better terms, RDM someone its rather aids and would do more harm than anything. 

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
17 minutes ago, SPBojo said:

If you cant text them you verbal them.

If you cant text due to bug being allowed to just, in lack of better terms, RDM someone its rather aids and would do more harm than anything. 

Basically by that logic you can get an error no vehicle bug, refuse to log off all day and fly around completely titan immune.

• Head Admin
49 minutes ago, anti said:

fully aware of it that refuse to restart their client. 

If someones exploiting it bring it to staffs attention.  If there are any in game at the time it would be a simple case of trying to text them and informing them and if they refuse they may find themselves with a mysterious "game restart required" battleye kick ;D

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, anti said:

Basically by that logic you can get an error no vehicle bug, refuse to log off all day and fly around completely titan immune.

Thats not even basically, thats literally how it works right now.

Just because something is the servers fault that doesnt mean that the player affected should be RDM'able.

Just message staff if they refuse to fix it and abuse it.

• Head Admin
31 minutes ago, Creepy said:

To further complicate the issue, there's been plenty of times that it's "error no unit" or "error no vehicle" for me, but not someone else. 

RDM is never the solution boys and girls 🙂

It is if they don't record.

But you never heard that from me.

• Love 2
  • BlessUp 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm 1
  • TriHard 1
  • Senior Admin

In most cases if you soft log it should fix players from being error no unit for you. It's similar to the bug where group/gang members lose their hex  for certain people.

• BlessUp 1
  • Senior Developer
4 hours ago, Masoooooooooon said:

In most cases if you soft log it should fix players from being error no unit for you. It's similar to the bug where group/gang members lose their hex  for certain people.

I could just be nuts, but I feel like the frequency with which I see the latter is much greater now than two years ago. Would be interesting to see the actual root cause if anyone from BI ever gets to the bottom of it.

• Senior Admin
21 minutes ago, codeYeTi said:

I could just be nuts, but I feel like the frequency with which I see the latter is much greater now than two years ago. Would be interesting to see the actual root cause if anyone from BI ever gets to the bottom of it.

It happens alot more often if your internet sucks from what I've noticed. My net shits the bed a few days per month usually and when it's shit I get a bunch of Hex bugs.

• Senior Developer
1 hour ago, Masoooooooooon said:

It happens alot more often if your internet sucks from what I've noticed. My net shits the bed a few days per month usually and when it's shit I get a bunch of Hex bugs.

That would explain it. The OVH issues on S1 before we switched back would explain that.

• Head Admin
8 hours ago, codeYeTi said:

As to the cause I have 0 clue but we can quickly check if anyone is bugged cause the admin menu won't load their information when you click their name.

It also occurs to me that you may not have access to the admin menu but there is some food for thought ^_^

Ok lemme try this a diff way @ Grandma Gary .  Say I got some mfs coming after me.  I go to titan engage them, am fully capable with a titan in the video, and get error no vehicle.  They drop on me and kill me because I couldn't prevent the landing.  That compable?

6 hours ago, anti said:

Ok lemme try this a diff way @ Grandma Gary .  Say I got some mfs coming after me.  I go to titan engage them, am fully capable with a titan in the video, and get error no vehicle.  They drop on me and kill me because I couldn't prevent the landing.  That compable?

Warning shot them, then fire one in the windshield 

7 hours ago, anti said:

giphy.gif