DP missions nerfed to death:

Just did a 20km DP mission to test it.  Got 50k.  They basically just took them out of the game.  No patch notes.  No nothing.  No consultation with CC.  

Just up and changed it.  

This along with a handful of other nerfs everyone is just now discovering that was never bothered to be put into the patch notes. 

EVEN IF YOU AGREE with basically nerfing that shit to death so much that it might as well not even be in the game anymore, you should be severely alarmed by changes so drastic being made and being hidden from the patch notes.

• Like 5
  • +1 1
  • STFU 1
8 minutes ago, anti said:

Just did a 20km DP mission to test it.  Got 50k.  They basically just took them out of the game.  No patch notes.  No nothing.  No consultation with CC.  

Just up and changed it.  

This along with a handful of other nerfs everyone is just now discovering that was never bothered to be put into the patch notes. 

EVEN IF YOU AGREE with basically nerfing that shit to death so much that it might as well not even be in the game anymore, you should be severely alarmed by changes so drastic being made and being hidden from the patch notes.

if they put this in the patch notes it might've actually been one of the best changes they've made in a while

So word on the street is, its 75% nerfed for anyone with over 100 hours on the server.  And the whole medic squad is not happy about this.  

• Sad 1

When DP missions were making up a majority of money made something had to be done. Although, I don't agree with it not being in patch notes it was quite easily the most braindead moneymaker with relatively no risk. That also adds in the fact that medics a faction that hardly gets fucked with are doing DP missions neglecting their duties because its such a good moneymaker. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2
  • STFU 1

I guess fuck everyone who stays loyal to the server after 100 hours.

3 minutes ago, Eazy said:

if they put this in the patch notes it might've actually been one of the best changes they've made in a while

You guys constantly want more people willing to fight you, but you don't want less skilled plays who can't make money off conquest to be able to make money.  How you think that's gonna bite you in the ass?  You wonder why nobody wanted to push your gang base and you had to come roach a diff gang base to get fights.  If people have money, they're more likely to fight you.. but nobody is going to keep jumping into a kit eating machine when all forms of making money are being strangled to death.

This game is 9 fucking years old.  Just LET PEOPLE MAKE MONEY.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I feel like the way they about this was fucked, while dp missions deserved a nerf it probably should have been a little more medic specific and targeted at nerfing those above a certain amount of money rather than an hour count. Definitely did deserve a nerf but scuffed that it wasn't in the patch notes

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, anti said:

I guess fuck everyone who stays loyal to the server after 100 hours.

You guys constantly want more people willing to fight you, but you don't want less skilled plays who can't make money off conquest to be able to make money.  How you think that's gonna bite you in the ass?  You wonder why nobody wanted to push your gang base and you had to come roach a diff gang base to get fights.  If people have money, they're more likely to fight you.. but nobody is going to keep jumping into a kit eating machine when all forms of making money are being strangled to death.

This game is 9 fucking years old.  Just LET PEOPLE MAKE MONEY.

I havent played s1 rebel in probably a month and a half, shit is terrible, there is no one to fight, there is no one to rob

I agree people should be able to make money, but put that money in illegal runs, it doesn't even feel worth it to have houses for illegal runs

18 minutes ago, Lucien said:

I feel like the way they about this was fucked, while dp missions deserved a nerf it probably should have been a little more medic specific and targeted at nerfing those above a certain amount of money rather than an hour count. Definitely did deserve a nerf but scuffed that it wasn't in the patch notes

Literally this ^

A nerf was warranted but no communication in any way shape or form before or after implementation showcases how there is a problem that really shouldn't be a problem in a COMMUNITY.

• +1 3
2 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

When DP missions were making up a majority of money made something had to be done. Although, I don't agree with it not being in patch notes it was quite easily the most braindead moneymaker with relatively no risk. That also adds in the fact that medics a faction that hardly gets fucked with are doing DP missions neglecting their duties because its such a good moneymaker. 

People stop doing runs to do plane runs because runs suck - NERF!

People stop doing runs to do DP missions - NERF!

When will you troglodytes realize that nobody wants to farm? How about getting your designers to design a new type of run that isn't windows key > drive > windows key > menu > sell

Bring back plane runs

Bring back DP missions

Just do something OTHER than the current.

The singular reason this server is still alive is because people have ranks (cop and medic) or already have money from years before. Others have mentioned tens and tens of times that if you were to do a reset nobody would play. That's more of a gameplay issue than a population issue. Nobody wants to login and do these boring runs. DP Missions were already slightly insufferable.

You guys routinely kill anything that provides any type of gameplay diversity for the server yet strong-arm the accessory concepts like Gang Base and Cartels.

As a fellow manlet this is not a good look. You are giving us a bad rep!

Edited by Skateezy
  • Like 9

y’all are killing the already dying server by nerfing everything people do to make money. you’re brain dead if you think people with 100 hours automatically have money. some of us are gambling addicts and runs aren’t worth the time 

• Like 1

The problem is the people that are listened to the most when it comes to runs are people who don't do runs.  They're people who brag "I DONT DO RUNS I ROB PEOPLE" which leads to this culture where they keep wanting to shove everyone into one predictable area like fish in a barrel.  

Fighting skill shouldn't trump actual effort in income. 

Outside of conquests.

I always considered DP missions to be a nearly AFK very low risk money maker, it was absurd it was making the money it was.

Nothing like hopping on a life roleplay server and making money by not once interacting with anyone on the ground.

Only people not happy with this change are the people who were doing the runs and the people who were titaning them hahaha.

1 minute ago, Horizon said:

DP Missions have been bugged since I was a developer and distance you traveled didn't matter when it came to pay out. Maybe they fixed it and nerfed it recently but it might still be bugged.

Its fixed, they just butchered it recently with how much it pays 

I truly don't understand where the whole "Medics aren't reviving because they are doing DP missions" accusations came from. I check daily to see who got written up and I have yet to see an IA come in, or have I heard a civ, APD or staff member complain that they didn't get revived because a medic was doing DP missions instead of their job.

The Hospital DP missions were broken for god only knows how long, then after being fixed the amount made was nerfed. Doing the civ DP missions allowed us to make money when revives are slow, which happens a lot.

Just as an example: A civ rams my Ghosthawk as I am spooling up at the hospital, insurance is about 340k. For me that's 17 revives. Depending on how busy the server is and how many medics are online that could take hours before I get that money back, or I could do a few DP missions and I'll quickly make it back.

Unless you've put in 100+ hours on medic you really have no room to talk. I can tell you that after 550 hours of slapping windows key it gets boring very quick. We have no other means to make decent money. We cant do runs, we cant rob people, we cant do anything that the other factions can that results in money being made.

Then the whole "Oh DP missions make up the bulk of the money made on the server and its a riskless run", yeah no shit, because people don't want to deal with the frustration of being robbed, killed or both after spending all the time filling up a vehicle, processing it, selling everything just to get shot in the head 10 feet from the ATM. It's not fun, anyone who disagrees is a liar. People want to have fun, not get frustrated and leave. Over time all I have seen is because things aren't going the way they want, the devs and whomever just nerf shit. Salvage, Plane DP missions, regular DP missions and god only knows what else. Like Anti said, the game is 9 years old. Stop changing shit to fit your bull shit narrative.

If it's not broken don't fix it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • +1 1
  • Downvote 2
7 hours ago, Kamikaze said:

Kami hits it on the head. Should've been consulted with civ council and put in patch notes, but was definitely warranted.

Seems to be a worrying trend lately of development activity that has not been cleared/consulted with civ council or leads of factions.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Mr GOAT said:

Kami hits it on the head. Should've been consulted with civ council and put in patch notes, but was definitely warranted.

Seems to be a worrying trend lately of development activity that has not been cleared/consulted with civ council or leads of factions.

Faction leads were consulted before making the change and signed off on it. I'm not really sure where the conversation stopped, but at the very least the heads and Millennium were aware of the change.

8 hours ago, anti said:

hidden from the patch notes

8 hours ago, Lucien said:

Definitely did deserve a nerf but scuffed that it wasn't in the patch notes

It's in there now. The changelog got prepared before a lot of the update was ready and then not updated, so we missed a handful of stuff. I'd hope y'all don't beleive we're dumb enough to think nobody would notice a 75% change for a majority of players 🤣

8 hours ago, anti said:

At the end of the month, before we push the August update, we're going to evaluate the impact of the change on the monthly income data and probably tweak the values to try to get it closer to where we want it.

• Like 4
8 minutes ago, Doc said:

At the end of the month, before we push the August update, we're going to evaluate the impact of the change on the monthly income data and probably tweak the values to try to get it closer to what we want.

Lmao “what we want” not everything is ab what you want. you develop for a community they should have a say in what changes and what doesn’t 

• Like 2
  • +1 1
7 minutes ago, Justi1 said:

Lmao “what we want” not everything is ab what you want. you develop for a community they should have a say in what changes and what doesn’t 

Nobody said they wouldn't; faction heads, who represent you, will once again be consulted once we have the data before a decision is made.

• Admin
8 hours ago, Skateezy said:

When will you troglodytes realize that nobody wants to farm? How about getting your designers to design a new type of run that isn't windows key > drive > windows key > menu > sell

@ sandman get on this asap! 

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
  • +1 1
2 hours ago, Maayo said:

With all the recent changes. Looks like they cater to the mega gangs and donators. Considering pulling my o+ I really enjoyed doing DP missions since my gang barely ever on.

Join a different gang one with more players 

• Clown 2

Something y'all aren't understanding is DP missions is supposed to be entry level "run" for people that don't have money to do runs. It turned out to be making the most money in the server which just isn't how its supposed to go.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Kamikaze said:

Something y'all aren't understanding is DP missions is supposed to be entry level "run" for people that don't have money to do runs. It turned out to be making the most money in the server which just isn't how its supposed to go.

Especially when DP missions require zero player interaction and zero risk of player interaction, scrap runs part deux

• Like 2
  • Love 1