need pc help

hey guys, I have come to the forums seeking pc help from any techy people. recently, my pc has started to sound almost like a lawn mower when it is on at any point, especially on startup. If anyone has any ideas on what the issue may be or how to fix it without spending lots of money, I would appreciate any assistance! Thank you 🙂

Here's a short clip of how it sounds: 

3 minutes ago, Ross Ulbricht said:

Get MSI afterburner and turn your fan speed down 

I didn’t think it was the fan speed causing that noise but I’ll try that now

3 minutes ago, Skys said:

have you cleaned the fans recently?

Yea 2 days ago

3 hours ago, ares said:

hey guys, I have come to the forums seeking pc help from any techy people. recently, my pc has started to sound almost like a lawn mower when it is on at any point, especially on startup. If anyone has any ideas on what the issue may be or how to fix it without spending lots of money, I would appreciate any assistance! Thank you 🙂

Here's a short clip of how it sounds: 

Download and install then screenshot temps https://www.hwinfo.com/download/ also try unplugging/stopping some fans to start isolating potential issues.

I agree with the others, that is most definitely a fan hitting something/damaged fan.
What are your specs? There may be a fan/moving part you didnt see or don't realize is touching something
I was once super confused because I didn't see a USB header cable that was hitting a small fan on my motherboard after it got stuck under my gpu
main-hero-diy.jpg

• +1 1
12 minutes ago, Lucien said:

I agree with the others, that is most definitely a fan hitting something/damaged fan.
What are your specs? There may be a fan/moving part you didnt see or don't realize is touching something
I was once super confused because I didn't see a USB header cable that was hitting a small fan on my motherboard after it got stuck under my gpu
main-hero-diy.jpg

nerd

• Like 1
  • Love 1
24 minutes ago, Lucien said:

main-hero-diy.jpg

here is my pc https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-9700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-super-1tb-hdd-480gb-solid-state-drive-black/6362983.p?skuId=6362983

24 minutes ago, Lucien said:

main-hero-diy.jpg

here is my pc https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-9700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-super-1tb-hdd-480gb-solid-state-drive-black/6362983.p?skuId=6362983

it seems to randomly start and stop throughout it being on

4 minutes ago, ares said:

If you haven't already, inspect each of the fans and look for cables touching. Besides that, I would do as others suggested and download a monitoring software to pull fan speeds and system temps. It sounds like one of the fans may be damaged causing it to get unbalanced or something and make more noise. I would try to reproduce the issue and see if it only occurs if certain fans spin up - many gpus and cpu coolers will have a zero rpm mode which was be the reason it is intermittent. Run something like furmark to increase your gpu temps and cinebench r23 to increase your cpu temps. If you are comfortable taking apart your pc, you could also unplug the fans with the side panel open and see if the noise appears again, then narrow down the issue by slowly testing and reattaching fans. It could also be an issue with the power supply / power supply fan as its a prebuilt and psus are a place they will cheap out.
If it is one of the case fans, make sure it is not an issue with a certain header rather than the fan bugging out by trying the affected fan in a different header.

2 hours ago, Lucien said:

If you haven't already, inspect each of the fans and look for cables touching. Besides that, I would do as others suggested and download a monitoring software to pull fan speeds and system temps. It sounds like one of the fans may be damaged causing it to get unbalanced or something and make more noise. I would try to reproduce the issue and see if it only occurs if certain fans spin up - many gpus and cpu coolers will have a zero rpm mode which was be the reason it is intermittent. Run something like furmark to increase your gpu temps and cinebench r23 to increase your cpu temps. If you are comfortable taking apart your pc, you could also unplug the fans with the side panel open and see if the noise appears again, then narrow down the issue by slowly testing and reattaching fans. It could also be an issue with the power supply / power supply fan as its a prebuilt and psus are a place they will cheap out.
If it is one of the case fans, make sure it is not an issue with a certain header rather than the fan bugging out by trying the affected fan in a different header.

alright, thanks so much for your help!

2 hours ago, ares said:

alright, thanks so much for your help!

Not sure how long ago you got your pc but seeing that its a prebuilt and assuming it was purchased recently you could always go directly to the manufacturer for help. They will probably be able to guide you through anything your uncomfortable doing as well. Or if you have a warranty (assuming its relatively new) you could always just send it back.

But yea what lucien said check all your fans front and back never know where something could be and you could even dismount all your fans and visually check each blade to see if one looks fucked. If one is; a new fan is not expensive.

14 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Was my first though, or you could have damaged one of the fan blades.

Had this problem for the longest time, every time my pc boots up the fans go to 100% for a few secs and it sounded like it was grinding something down, sounded horrible.

12 hours ago, i strangle geese said:

Not sure how long ago you got your pc but seeing that its a prebuilt and assuming it was purchased recently you could always go directly to the manufacturer for help. They will probably be able to guide you through anything your uncomfortable doing as well. Or if you have a warranty (assuming its relatively new) you could always just send it back.

But yea what lucien said check all your fans front and back never know where something could be and you could even dismount all your fans and visually check each blade to see if one looks fucked. If one is; a new fan is not expensive.

I’ve had it for like 4.5 years