HOW MANY HOURS DID WINTERS PLAY LAST WEEK?

Rumor is Winters hasn’t played the faction he is chief of since July of 2022. 

I think retirement needs to happen. 

Make @ Caden chief 

also the 10hr minimum for Seniors is quite literally one of the most hypocritical things  I’ve ever seen on this server.

let me give every senior a 10hr minimum, while I haven’t played the faction in nearly a year.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Meh I could give it a go.  I'm gonna apply for APD but go ahead and rubberstamp that so I can be a chief.

• Like 1

As much as winters is inactive as fuck next up for chief is mako or caden. I doubt mako would be inactive but i believe him being CM & Chief would be aids and would also likely pull his attention from other more important things. As for caden just look at how hes handled swat, nicole and xlax are hard carrying that faction. If a coup was to happen i would hope that either rexo or nicole get put as chief because if either dep chief got promoted i have a very hard time believing that much would change.

purge the sapd

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, fat female arma 3 player said:

As much as winters is inactive as fuck next up for chief is mako or caden. I doubt mako would be inactive but i believe him being CM & Chief would be aids and would also likely pull his attention from other more important things. As for caden just look at how hes handled swat, nicole and xlax are hard carrying that faction. If a coup was to happen i would hope that either rexo or nicole get put as chief because if either dep chief got promoted i have a very hard time believing that much would change.

purge the sapd

rexo for chief whats his time in faction for reference its probably disgusting also is based asf  +100

• Like 5
  • Love 1

10 hours is ridiculous

Change is always welcome, without change there is no progress, however regarding a "new" chief I don't think any of the likely options would bring significant change. Don't forget, people are going to promote those who are similar to themselves, so any change is going to happen slowly across "generations" of promotions, and I doubt anything truly significant will change even then

Would be nice for people to play tho lmao

19 minutes ago, Lucien said:

10 hours is ridiculous

Change is always welcome, without change there is no progress, however regarding a "new" chief I don't think any of the likely options would bring significant change. Don't forget, people are going to promote those who are similar to themselves, so any change is going to happen slowly across "generations" of promotions, and I doubt anything truly significant will change even then

Would be nice for people to play tho lmao

Thats why u rip the retards tags and dont give him a say in whose next. Why would he even get a say when he hasent touched apd in months. Best bet is to just give the option to the community in a poll with all LT's+ being a option for next chief. Yea there will be some bias but if you leave it up and pinned for a week the legit votes will show who the community wants.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, fat female arma 3 player said:

Thats why u rip the retards tags and dont give him a say in whose next. Why would he even get a say when he hasent touched apd in months. Best bet is to just give the option to the community in a poll with all LT's+ being a option for next chief. Yea there will be some bias but if you leave it up and pinned for a week the legit votes will show who the community wants.

I meant that regardless of him having a direct say, being a part of the sapd he was able to appoint/vote on sapd members, therefore having an indirect say on who can be chief by controlling those who are eligible

Wasn't the predecessor to civ council decided by poll and was a complete shit show? Lol, while the issues from it being public are lessened by it being restricted to Lt+ compared to the civ rep bullshit, still doesn't sound like the best idea. I could see a public poll for active APD to vote in at the very least for the sake of making sure that it's cops looking out for themselves, but will still be a massive popularity contest

I would vote for @ Xlax btw 💪

42 minutes ago, Lucien said:

10 hours is ridiculous

You do not have to put 10 hours in-game every week. From what has been explained to me by @ Winters  is as long as you're getting desk work done, meaning doing tests and doing the IAs assigned to you (pretty much anything out of game), you do not really need to have 10 hours in-game. Now let's say you don't do any desk work but you like playing in-game, then yes, you'll need to put in 10 hours minimum. That being said, very few seniors only play in-game; the majority do desk work and put in a fair share of in-game time, which in that case is all good. There are a few people who are due to move up, and this will help identify the people who are over ArmA or are over being Senior APD, and that is okay, but they should give other people a chance to move up and achieve their goals.

I hope I made sense. I am willing to answer more questions, but realistically, this won't change very much and, in fact, will be very good for the people putting in the effort but cannot move up due to the lack of slots.

• Like 7
  • STFU 1
4 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Meh I could give it a go.  I'm gonna apply for APD but go ahead and rubberstamp that so I can be a chief.

+Rep Sov for Chief role.

• Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Lucien said:

I would vote for @ Xlax btw 💪

Personally against faction heads being staff.  I think it's a conflict of interest, but honestly, yeah he'd probably be my pick too.

55 minutes ago, nicole said:

You do not have to put 10 hours in-game every week. From what has been explained to me by @ Winters  is as long as you're getting desk work done, meaning doing tests and doing the IAs assigned to you (pretty much anything out of game), you do not really need to have 10 hours in-game. Now let's say you don't do any desk work but you like playing in-game, then yes, you'll need to put in 10 hours minimum. That being said, very few seniors only play in-game; the majority do desk work and put in a fair share of in-game time, which in that case is all good. There are a few people who are due to move up, and this will help identify the people who are over ArmA or are over being Senior APD, and that is okay, but they should give other people a chance to move up and achieve their goals.

I hope I made sense. I am willing to answer more questions, but realistically, this won't change very much and, in fact, will be very good for the people putting in the effort but cannot move up due to the lack of slots.

So is there then a minimum requirement in-game for Sr. APD if they do desk work?

The whole concept is flawed on its own. @ Winters  who hasn't put a single minute into cop since 7/4/2022 (besides April Fools), is pushing for more hours to be played if you don't do desk work. The desk work takes maximum 20 minutes (and that's if you are slow at that shit). Not to mention that the Chief work is not that much. All he is is the final say in the APD that is it. He has to be more active on roundtables because of the failure of the rest of the Sr. APD to be useful on it.

His opinion on the Sr. APD is for the Chief of Police to be disconnected from the rest of the Sr. APD, and that the captains and deputy chiefs are meant to talk to the other Sr.'s for him. It's actually crazy how disconnected he is from the rest of the server and yet he is the Chief. No other chief has ever been this disconnected. Even Dante was more connected when he was gone 90% of the time he was chief.

Deputy, PO, and Corporal tests all take less than 15 minutes to take, and if they take longer than that either the person testing is retarded or the Sr. APD member doesn't know how to test people efficiently. Promotions towards Corporal require IN GAME INTERACTION as well as Sergeant promotions. The promotion finder literally tells you who is ready for PO tests, so that is no effort. IA's really takes no effort either. That just requires some "interrogation" and deciding their punishment. Half of the Sr. APD can't even do them because it involves a server rule so only Staff Sr. APD can do the IA's.

70% of the "desk work" that the Sr. APD have to do requires in-game interaction with others.

I got bored typing so Im stopping here.

• BlessUp 4
  • Head Admin

Are there currently any British SAPD?

• Commissioner 
  • Deputy commissioner 
  • Assistant commissioner 
  • Deputy assistant commissioner 
  • Commander 
  • Chief superintendent
  • Superintendent
  • Chief inspector
  • Inspector 
  • Sergeant
  • Detective
  • Constable

JPUjhWS.png

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1
5 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

Are there currently any British SAPD?

• Commissioner 
  • Deputy commissioner 
  • Assistant commissioner 
  • Deputy assistant commissioner 
  • Commander 
  • Chief superintendent
  • Superintendent
  • Chief inspector
  • Inspector 
  • Sergeant
  • Detective
  • Constable

JPUjhWS.png

You know damn well why you like constable.

3 hours ago, Millennium said:

Deputy, PO, and Corporal tests all take less than 15 minutes to take, and if they take longer than that either the person testing is retarded or the Sr. APD member doesn't know how to test people efficiently. Promotions towards Corporal require IN GAME INTERACTION as well as Sergeant promotions. The promotion finder literally tells you who is ready for PO tests, so that is no effort. IA's really takes no effort either. That just requires some "interrogation" and deciding their punishment. Half of the Sr. APD can't even do them because it involves a server rule so only Staff Sr. APD can do the IA's.

Remove all unit channels and disallow the ability to play APD whilst hiding within Interrogation Room's and such. If sAPD are going to refuse to put in a decent amount of time ingame the least they can do is to ensure that the time they do spend in-game is at least spent productively interacting with junior apd and getting to know their own faction and its members better instead of the current system of "I'm gonna play with my friends and my friends only" which happens more than it should.

Even at BUMFUCK timezones you have sAPD playing in unit channels with only a couple more APD on "duty".
8bcffb762fea949ec3140c030d24a0ea.png (Not including names due to it not being about these specific people but the faction as a whole)

Dont understand how in the world you want to be senior of a faction that deals with so much "human interaction" needed but at the same time refuse to play with juniors of your own faction a lot of the time.

All in all, I'm sure sAPD has their internal problems (i dont understand how @ ThatNerdyGuy  hasn't started a coup yet) but I'm hopeful that the faction can be taken in a better direction than what it currently is.

**This is not me basing every single member of sAPD as there are some good apples but there are people within the sAPD that has NO PLACE as a senior in the faction what so ever.**

• Like 5
  • +1 2
1 hour ago, SPBojo said:

Remove all unit channels and disallow the ability to play APD whilst hiding within Interrogation Room's and such. If sAPD are going to refuse to put in a decent amount of time ingame the least they can do is to ensure that the time they do spend in-game is at least spent productively interacting with junior apd and getting to know their own faction and its members better instead of the current system of "I'm gonna play with my friends and my friends only" which happens more than it should.

Even at BUMFUCK timezones you have sAPD playing in unit channels with only a couple more APD on "duty".
8bcffb762fea949ec3140c030d24a0ea.png (Not including names due to it not being about these specific people but the faction as a whole)

Dont understand how in the world you want to be senior of a faction that deals with so much "human interaction" needed but at the same time refuse to play with juniors of your own faction a lot of the time.

All in all, I'm sure sAPD has their internal problems (i dont understand how @ ThatNerdyGuy  hasn't started a coup yet) but I'm hopeful that the faction can be taken in a better direction than what it currently is.

**This is not me basing every single member of sAPD as there are some good apples but there are people within the sAPD that has NO PLACE as a senior in the faction what so ever.**

Coming from left field here, as I have little to no understanding of apd history and politics... Why cant nerdy just be chief?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, nicole said:

You do not have to put 10 hours in-game every week. From what has been explained to me by @ Winters  is as long as you're getting desk work done, meaning doing tests and doing the IAs assigned to you (pretty much anything out of game), you do not really need to have 10 hours in-game. Now let's say you don't do any desk work but you like playing in-game, then yes, you'll need to put in 10 hours minimum. That being said, very few seniors only play in-game; the majority do desk work and put in a fair share of in-game time, which in that case is all good.

I'm confused as to why being allowed to do 0 desk work is allowed in the first place, I can understand if it's a slow week and there is nothing to do but the point of being a senior is to do the desk work

6 hours ago, The Sovereign said:

Personally against faction heads being staff.  I think it's a conflict of interest, but honestly, yeah he'd probably be my pick too.

Yeah I mean I can see both sides of the argument but those people are also the ones who show the most "responsibility" or whatever to be staff so it's not surprising faction heads get staff

58 minutes ago, The Sovereign said:

Coming from left field here, as I have little to no understanding of apd history and politics... Why cant nerdy just be chief?

He left the faction, would be weird to just place him there kinda, reason he gets mentioned is due to having been a vital part of coups to replace chiefs but never got to be chief himself. 

1 minute ago, SPBojo said:

He left the faction, would be weird to just place him there kinda, reason he gets mentioned is due to having been a vital part of coups to replace chiefs but never got to be chief himself. 

So he quit the faction, and now we're all scratching our headings wonder why a coups isn't kicking off.  Gotcha.