My time in Lemnos, Greece

6 minutes ago, Hawkgnewaccount said:

Did u go to the alleys of sophia?

Yeah, Sofia looked abandon af, the main road going through and the church was the only recognizable part of the town. 

Pretty cool seeing this. I remember someone posting a pic of the entire island as their flight went over but its cool to see these places. That picture of "kavala" is badass as well, never realised how similar the buildings ingame are to the irl ones.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, fat female arma 3 player said:

Pretty cool seeing this. I remember someone posting a pic of the entire island as their flight went over but its cool to see these places. That picture of "kavala" is badass as well, never realised how similar the buildings ingame are to the irl ones.

It was a pretty surreal experience, didn’t expect it to look so much like the game.

• Like 1
  • +1 1
2 hours ago, Lucien said:

im gonna propose to my girlfriend @ hawk  on kavala castle irl

Be prepared to fight the vicious mountain goats. Not kidding. 
https://ibb.co/vxPV9S5

Edited by Vengy
  • Like 1
39 minutes ago, Panda 🙂 said:

Nah this is sick as fuck. I’ve always been curious how developed is the civilization on the island do they have 1st world amenities from what you could tell?

its greece not the UK im sure they do

• +1 1
  • Haha 2
  • STFU 1
7 hours ago, Panda 🙂 said:

Nah this is sick as fuck. I’ve always been curious how developed is the civilization on the island do they have 1st world amenities from what you could tell?

Yeah it’s developed, the only thing that they lack from a first world perspective is waste water facilities. With that said the island is old, run down and full of farmers and retired people.

8 hours ago, syndrome said:

can you travel to warzone island or is it off limits?

Idk, didn’t make it down that way, I wouldn’t think it’s off limits unless there was military bases. 

Edited by Vengy
  • Like 1
  • BlessUp 1
  • Senior Web Developer

@ Vengy was the island of Lemnos actually nice/cool other than the Arma 3 aspect? The city of Kavala looks like a nice Greek town. I feel like it wouldn't be touristy. Curious how the English was in town.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Toretto said:

@ Vengy was the island of Lemnos actually nice/cool other than the Arma 3 aspect? The city of Kavala looks like a nice Greek town. I feel like it wouldn't be touristy. Curious how the English was in town.

Yeah, depends what your version of nice is. Kavala was definitely a very peaceful, friendly,  and authentic Greek town and of all the places I visited in Greece it was one of tiny favorites (food was great too). Most of the other towns on the island seemed very run down and poor. Tourism isn’t popular, one of the locals told me I was the second American they saw this season but they do get quite a few Europeans for their wind surfing. The English was noticeably worse on the island compared to Athens, the young people were the only ones that could speak it fluently. Sadly I only had one day on the island, if I could go back I would have made it a two day trip. 

• Like 1