APD State of Affairs from an External View

12 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

f9af5f68e1a3531b9d9ed5537fd95510.png

Can't seem to find where mako is holding a position and making decisions where he would need to play with people other than friends.

If he doesn't have rank anymore so be it.  He wasn't the prime point anyways.  Fact of the matter is very simple.  9/10 apd members have never had a single conversation with the literal chief of police.  That's fucking sad.

I was on r&r the same time I was on apd and had at least 12 different interactions with Marcus.  Marcus might get annoyed by the social demands but he talks and does his job.  Winters hides from everyone like a goth teenager during their parents bible study.

In fact no it's even worse than that because the Sr. Apd he appointed that he's friends with who actually interact with the apd go to private channels to play with him when he's on so he even makes the rest of sr apd do the crap he does.  I lost track of how many times there's some random deputy across the map in a hatchback not in ts not talking to anyone, only to find out it's winters egoing the entire dept he's supposed to be leading.

Seriously...this has been called out so many fucking times at this point that it's a complete fucking joke and a stain of every single person who's job is to make sure the factions are ran properly.  Do something @ Ryan ffs.

• +1 1

Are we going to ignore the fact that @ Winters  has not replied to this?

Oh I forgot, he is inactive. Prob hasnt even seen this thread yet lol

But seriously... How is it that the Chief or any of the Deputy Chiefs (its ridiculous there are multiple) have not come forward and released any real statement? All the community has wanted for YEARS now is some communication. No offense to someone like @ nicole  (I am using you specifically because you are the only senior I saw comment on this thread) but can we get a "Hey we have spoken amongst the senior apd and we feel we need to work on X Y and Z. Here is our plan, etc etc" but you are going at people. I get it (youre trying to defend your name here based on what I am seeing) but you are literally the DC. Be the bigger person and give the people what they want or better yet get the chief to. One of you DC's need to see the bigger picture? The entire community needs to be told you guys understand the problem, are working to fix it, and how you are working to fix it. Instead these threads come out every couple months, all of sAPD shits on everyone, and nothing gets done? Go back and look its literally a repeating trend? And for the love of god if someone is like "Its all winters" okay so then how about the 3 DC's overthrow him honestly? Like at some point I dont believe that these excuses will work. I am not trying to go at anybody (besides winters) directly because I am sure that most of the sAPD are active and do their jobs, but at the same time what the fuck is wrong with your faction? Clearly no matter what all of the sAPD's stats look like (hours, OIC's, etc) it doesnt matter because look at the state of this faction

Give us more fucking info and transparency. HOW will you freaks fix the problem? Right now you are no better than any of the people shit posting (myself included) on this thread. Your silence means nothing.

@ Rexo would make a good chief so long as he understands the mistakes his friend was making and doesn't repeat them.  @ CaloomClark would make a good chief albeit hed be skipping ranks because he makes the most effort to actually lead feds and encourages people to not give up even when it is hopeless, and does his best to hold other brass accountable.

Chief is not a rank job.  Promote either of these men, and watch apd flourish.

• +1 2
  • Downvote 1

When @ Connor S and sov are saying the same thing, someone should be listening hard and taking actual action.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, nicole said:

Here are your statistics:

Officer Total OIC Current Week Week 2 Week 3 Week 4 Week 5 Week 6 Corporals POs Deputies Removals Blacklists Failed Corporals Failed POs Failed Dep Notes Total Tests
King 8 0 0 3 1 0 0 0 3 2 0 1 0 1 2 79 94
LIVE Rank Name Last Week 2 Weeks Ago 3 Weeks Ago 4 Weeks Ago 5 Weeks Ago 6 Weeks Ago 7 Weeks Ago
Sergeant King 0.00 6.90 13.98 0.00 1.75 4.42 8.47

Although I appreciate you being more open about the more "behind the scenes" stuff of hours, OICs, etc. It is hard for majority of people to really use these stats because they have nothing to compare them to (other than yours & clash's). Also, majority of the people on this server won't understand stuff like OICs, how they come and go, etc.

Obviously, they aren't the best, especially with his tenure. However he is also not in charge of removals, so he loses all those OICs that would have been his. The only statistic that is really useful is his total tests & hours.

I will say you knocking him for his hours and saying you have a job and have more hours is not ideal. I'm not sure what you do for work.... but him being an actual police officer who works 12-hour shifts, works holidays, etc. is VERY UNCOMPARABLE to other people's jobs. You see some shit as a cop that you wish you would never see in your life... the same with firefighters and EMS. They really are some of the toughest jobs to do, especially with where he is located too. On top of that, his mentioning of his family member also isn't helpful with his hours either. 

That being said I still don't agree with his decision on the rule interpretation, but with how the rules are written in the handbook, PSAs all over the place, and disconnection of the APD there really is an issue and it has been one for quite some time now. As Kami and Nerdy mentioned earlier, it is a very large issue that needs to be resolved. I remember over a year ago I had to find a PSA and it wasn't a status update, but a post made by Kami who was an LT at the time (I think). It becomes a large mess when you have several people throughout the senior APD making PSAs and they are in every area of the forums. If a PSA is to be made it should be made by 1 individual person (ideally the chief) or it needs to have 1 centralized location that every Sr. APD member can post in. This also needs to be visually seen by everyone on the forums (or wiki), as PSAs with cop-related things are not always Impacting the APD. Some may be the rule about the Hospital being considered a part of the rings. A civ would never know that if it's only in the FTO handbook and a status update hundreds if not thousands of pages back.

As for the disconnect between the APD I can't speak as to how it is now as I'm not active. However, when I was around towards the end there was a large disconnect between the Sr. APD. At the top you had Mako & Winters and they were severely disconnected from the rest of the Sr's. I recall Winters making a comment that he should be disconnected which is just completely and utterly incorrect. @ ThatNerdyGuy  said it perfectly earlier, If you are burnt out and only enjoy playing cop when you play with your friends then its your time to step down. It will ALWAYS be more enjoyable when you play with your friends, however as a Sr. APD member you signed up to play with strangers. You are meant to be leaders of the faction, you are meant to help promote people that you recognize on the APD. You can't do this when you are secluded from the rest of them. At meetings, people may bring up people for promotions, and you may only be able to base your opinions on their hours, IA's, notes, etc. What if there was a large issue that you missed because you don't play with Jr's?  That is why you should always be trying to play with Jr. APD. You are the Sr. APD FOR the Jr. APD.

Another issue with the APD. I would assume it is still an issue but I don't know nowadays.... The Silencing of the Sr. APD. For quite some time the Sr. APD were not allowed to post anything about the APD or anything on the roundtables without permission from Winters. They were told that Winters will deal with the roundtables which in my opinion is retarded. When I was Head Civ Council obviously I was the most vocal and most frequently responding, but I NEVER restricted anyone from posting what they wanted. (obviously with the exceptions of following the rules of the Roundtables & shit people shouldn't be saying as Civ Council). If 1 civ council member had a big issue against an idea that other civ council members were pushing for I would let them. Why not have several opinions on something? Having split opinions on ideas being pushed for a faction may not seem ideal but that is some of the healthiest shit a faction can have. With several viewpoints, having everyone think the same way is the worst thing you can do. I assume this is still an issue on the APD's part, but idk I'm just guessing ^_^.

Winters having 300+ days of not even logging on to an APD whitelisted slot SHOULD have been a massive issue. However, everyone attempted to overlook it and the Sr. APD at the top of the CoC tried to defend him with horrible defenses. I don't know how he is now with his activity all I heard as of today is that he doesn't play as his actual whitelist and I heard from someone else that he just plays as a Jr. APD but by himself. 

Also the video you are accusing him of leaking notes... It does seem suspicious but there have been countless times where I have done the same thing as I was unsure who joined my channel and did the same thing. Whether or not it would be considered "leaking". It could have been a private convo, etc.

• Like 6
  • Admin

A severe disconnect between sAPD and Jr APD has been a trend with many APD administrations and this one is also plagued with it. 

Lack of transparency and some sAPD not wanting to play with lower ranks has always been an issue. I find it crazy to believe that to this day, that hasn’t changed. It pains me to hear good cops saying “I’m not getting promoted”,” I’m not part of a clique”. While I don’t agree with that statement , due to sAPD not wanting to play with jrAPD, I get why they may feel like this. 

All in all, I know we can’t give ranks away but for fucks sake this is a game. We are here to have fun. Why make it next to impossible for some players reach a certain rank if they have earned it to a point. Be a little more lenient when it comes to IA reports. We are human. We make mistakes. Listen to your officers. Listen to their concerns. Listen to the complaints. Do something about it. 

Don’t ignore the voices of cops that play daily and populate the APD channels. As sAPD don’t just join when there is a fed. Play with junior APD. Watch them, lead them. Don’t just be there to reprimand when they do something wrong. Highlight their accomplishments not only their opportunities. 

Lead by example and people will follow. 

The @ King  situation is a messed up one. While i don’t agree with the way he handled it , I understand why he did it and It didn’t warrant a demotion. Let me be clear, the only reason I don’t agree with what he did is because I don’t have the balls to do that, but there are times in which some federal events get so impossible that you just don’t want to participate. The rule was open to interpretation. Maybe a warning. He’s a great guy and a great leader. Let’s stop loosing good players for the sake of “showing others who’s boss”. Let’s show leniency to good people like him. Again, this is a fucking game. 

Anyway. I think all of you are great. We just need to get along and make some good changes that will improve the current state of the APD. We don’t want players to become so disappointed they start leaving us just because sometimes we are too full of ourselves. 

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • +1 1
18 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Anyway. I think all of you are great. We just need to get along and make some good changes that will improve the current state of the APD. We don’t want players to become so disappointed they start leaving us just because sometimes we are too full of ourselves. 

I agree with the general sentiment, and as always @ Bubbaloo Burrito your attitude is top notch.

However I feel this is dangerously close to dismissing the most important point.  We need a serious change and restructuring of apd leadership starting with the chief.

• Like 1

I'm just a measly PO so perhaps my opinion is worthless, but at the least I can remind people that this is a video game and from my outsider perspective, it isn't that deep. It's fine to take this stuff seriously, but at the end of the day it's a video game we all started playing simply because it's fun and maybe it draws us away from our real life and the problems that are involved in that.

I was on when King decided to call the Blackwater off, and I agree with his call. There was about 8 of us on, most of us PO's, and about 22 civs at the Blackwater event. It was total shit and it was a complete waste of time even attempting to stop them. His removal from the APD, in my opinion, is absurd because the handbook clearly states he can do what he did.

With that said, I understand there's currently "nuances" with these rules and SOP's - which is not the way it should be. These things should be very clearly stated, and they aren't. It leaves rules and SOP's open to interpretation which is incredibly unfair.

There's even procedures I have to follow as a PO that are not in the handbook or rules which I will get in trouble for should I not follow them. If you think that's okay, you need to give your head a shake. 

Also, the only Dep Chief I've seen play with Jr. APD is Rexo. The others seem to play by themselves or with their little posse.

Just my two cents.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour later I read through the comments...

Shit definitely needs to be worked on with APD, there's no denying it. But we also shouldn't jump to conclusions if we don't have all of the info. Is there an issue with Winter's activity? sure. I have been around this server for years, playing very often or at least always in TeamSpeak. I have played with every senior on the current COC, past SrAPD, and past chiefs when they were active... I often talk to @ Marcus  in ts, and he's always available whenever I need to talk to him. I haven't once played with Winters. Tbh, I haven't seen Winters in ts other than him occasionally move a Senior. Even now, having more access to private rooms or at least being able to see private rooms, I haven't seen him. Definitely a major issue and it should be addressed.

On the other hand, 99% of us other than current SAPD or past SAPD know the chief's responsibilities. Sure, we have our guesses, but we don't actually know. Winters could be doing a ton for the APD that we just don't know about and be an amazing chief, so we shouldn't throw around blame or accusations without facts. Again, I don't know everything, but let the man live. He likely works a full time job or is in school or both. He has bills to pay. Possibly family to take care off. His own personal issues. He's likely doing a lot. I am in college and have mountains of work to do along with a job and sports... I can barely maintain my hours for my factions. At least be a little understanding.

For the APD handbook and PSAs, simple solution:

Add PSAs to the handbook and make a new tab on the Wiki named something like "Handbook Changelog/updates"... One page to consolidate past handbook changes, PSAs, ect... Very simple and easy fix that is very beneficial.

Lastly, I love Olympus drama, but if this is supposed to be a post to have a genuine discussion and provide the community with context (I'm assuming that was @ ThatNerdyGuy 's goal) this is having the complete opposite effect. It is literally 9 pages of people going at each other's throats, trying to get a jab in, shit talking, ect... 2 words. GROW UP. Sure I used to do that all the time years ago, but this isn't the time and place. This is a VIDEO GAME. Everyone has their own IRL issues, mental shit going on, ect and we all use or have used this server as an escape. For those that still enjoy the server either for fun or as an escape,  there's no reason to try and ruin it for them. Sure people take this server seriously, but what's wrong with that? Everyone has their own hobbies. 

99% of you won't read this so TLDR: Let the community be heard and let this be a step in the right direction in fixing APD, not this clusterfuck of insults. If you want shit done, stop shit talking  in this thread and let it get done

Also just set up another ts public channel so people can sort out their beef and throw insults at each other.

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ares said:

99% of you won't read this so TLDR: Let the community be heard and let this be a step in the right direction in fixing APD, not this clusterfuck of insults. If you want shit done, stop complaining in this thread and let it get done

The issues listed are issues that has always plagued the apd since back in 2014, just these days people are more vocal with their mental issues and how much arma 3 means to them.

• Like 2

I may not have alot of word out here but looking at both sides i was there for that blackwater that blackwater wasnt fun we did armor waves and tried lethals and we werent even breaching king asked us there was 4 or 5 of us and we all said no we dont even wanna respond to this like king asked us and looking at this it shouldnt of been a rip of his rank or just a talking to like what happened that you didnt want no one to respond to this that blackwater was aids Rpg,tazers, ifrits roaming, zafirs , 25 civs just to 4 or 5 officers only 3 having lethals counting king like @ King is a  good leader and he leads by example like this is just a game and people taking this game to seriously the game is fun but not when your about to get steamrolled like i love playing with everyone but this shouldnt of been the outcome of Kings rank.

6 hours ago, nicole said:

I literally made the sheets for SWAT because we had to use the Senior APD ones which made it so no one outside of Senior APD could get Senior SWAT.

I even made it so they could give tags, have access to LC, have a channel in Discord, have channels in TS, and a place to store info properly.

This entire thing takes maybe two hours, the TS/Discord roles and channels take five minutes if you spend four of it smoking a cigarette. Get off your high horse you heifer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

A severe disconnect between sAPD and Jr APD has been a trend with many APD administrations and this one is also plagued with it. 

Lack of transparency and some sAPD not wanting to play with lower ranks has always been an issue. I find it crazy to believe that to this day, that hasn’t changed. It pains me to hear good cops saying “I’m not getting promoted”,” I’m not part of a clique”. While I don’t agree with that statement , due to sAPD not wanting to play with jrAPD, I get why they may feel like this. 

All in all, I know we can’t give ranks away but for fucks sake this is a game. We are here to have fun. Why make it next to impossible for some players reach a certain rank if they have earned it to a point. Be a little more lenient when it comes to IA reports. We are human. We make mistakes. Listen to your officers. Listen to their concerns. Listen to the complaints. Do something about it. 

Don’t ignore the voices of cops that play daily and populate the APD channels. As sAPD don’t just join when there is a fed. Play with junior APD. Watch them, lead them. Don’t just be there to reprimand when they do something wrong. Highlight their accomplishments not only their opportunities. 

Lead by example and people will follow. 

The @ King  situation is a messed up one. While i don’t agree with the way he handled it , I understand why he did it and It didn’t warrant a demotion. The rule was open to interpretation. Maybe a warning. He’s a great guy and a great leader. Let’s stop loosing good players for the sake of “showing others who’s boss”. Let’s show leniency to good people like him. Again, this is a fucking game. 

thats my senior admin right there

8 minutes ago, doubleueyeceekay said:

This entire thing takes maybe two hours, the TS/Discord roles and channels take five minutes if you spend four of it smoking a cigarette. Get off your high horse you heifer

i dont think you understand how in-depth the sheets are if there anything like the apd sheets its would have taken a lot more than 5 minutes 

3 minutes ago, braindead said:

thats my senior admin right there

i dont think you understand how in-depth the sheets are if there anything like the apd sheets its would have taken a lot more than 5 minutes 

Reading comprehension is a problem for you clearly fuck me

I phrased it like a softball question on an IQ test but here’s it again for you mutants:

1, Doing the entire thing would not take more than two hours. Sheets and all.

2, The TS/Discord channels would take at most 5 minutes. 

3, The channels would only take this long if you spent four of the five minutes smoking a cigarette

Q: how long would the channels take

A) 5 minutes

B) 1 minute

C) Cannot say

Q: How long would the entire process take?

A) 2 hours

B) 1 hour and 59 minutes

C) Cannot say

Good luck answering them. I know you’re brain dead though so I’m not sure

• +1 1
2 minutes ago, Keeper Of The Sheets said:

@ Winters  CNN would like to interview you

I love your profile banner and picture I would love to see the notes on me when I had oil on my hands while escorting tasers and sent a vigi to jail 

1 minute ago, doubleueyeceekay said:

I love your profile banner and picture I would love to see the notes on me when I had oil on my hands while escorting tasers and sent a vigi to jail 

whats your discord

13 hours ago, Element_ said:

aint no way the Bieber bowl haircut speaking rn

CaloomClarks profile picture is Harry Potter this isn’t the big thing you think it is my dude, I can confirm he is 5 foot 2 inches built like Sméagol and has anime tattoos across his face though @ CaloomClark can you confirm 

3 minutes ago, Keeper Of The Sheets said:

ive handled the problem 41e287541334d91629f5f29279c5ea8b.png

well done keep fighting the good fight my brother I'm glad you could overcome the blacklist to usurp Winters from the chief spot

• Like 1