Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

APD State of Affairs from an External View

Lets not gloss over the fact winters is the longest standing most inactive chief this server has seen who shows little to no interest in actually playing the server or moving the apd in any direction besides where it currently is. If someone like @ Ryan  would unironically just get rid of winters and promote rexo, caden, or xlax i guarantee you would hear about 75% less bitching from civs.

• Like 9
  • BlessUp 1

My question really because i’ve always wondered since i’ve starting playing is that, is there to much decision making from the seniors that it gives none of the lower personnel any voice in making decisions. 

• Admin

I 100% agree on the ranking structure. We had SO many less senior roles above SGT when we had 2 FULL servers daily with 20+ cops on each server pretty regularly. As you said, it isnt like the people in those roles dont deserve it. But The top of the CoC's responsibility is the bottom of the CoC. Further distancing that as well as having extra sr ranks just for people to be promoted serves no real purpose. With how many players play now compared to before. 2 Dep Chiefs and straight down to LTs would be PLENTY. That being said, nobody should lose their ranks over that either. But I think future structuring should reduce those top roles as people either step down or are weeded out. If anything, have more Sgts (where most of the actual APD work is outside of Chief), which involved developing and helping other corps. One of my favorite parts about being chief was talking about the POs and Corps at each meeting and making sure we were making seniors play with them and learn who they were. 

I am not directly involved with any sAPD shit these days, so this is my outside perspective from personal experience. I have people I have great relationships with in sAPD now, but that doesn't change my POV. 

As for @ Pledge , he also was demoted for accidentally breaking wave rule once.. he knows a thing or 2 about it ;D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I see a lot of "I used to run the APD like this", "I used to this"... But like you said, your time has passed, and it's not your decision anymore. It's up to the new scrubs. Nor am I defending Sr.APD or siding with you. Its just something you'll have to bring up to staff meeting. Ranting/Crying about this won't be like Talindor coup back in 2016-2017 😉  

• Like 1

@ Winters  Needs to go. An inactive chief that is not only out of touch with this own faction but the entire player base of the server. Its time to make room for someone else.

Also its hard to run a faction when the leadership doesn't get along.

• Like 4
  • BlessUp 1
  • PogChamp 1
Just now, silton said:

@ Winters  Needs to go. An inactive chief that is not only out of touch with this own faction but the entire player base of the server. Its time to make room for someone else.

Also its hard to run a faction when the leadership doesn't get along.

Not entirely sure how true this is since i just came back but if a chief is no longer interacting with its PD nor the server then there definitely needs to be room made for someone whos willing. 

Push/pull is good IMO however everyone should be able to get along at the end of the day, sometimes we forget this is arma 3

• Like 2

One issue i have noticed which you have mentioned is SAPD interpretation on handbook rules, specifically the loading lethals for all of JRAPD. My understanding from winters interpretation is to only auth if greatly outnumbered or at a great disadvantage. I have been at both ends where either I'm on cop or civ fighting an even numbers fight with 2/3 lethals on, and JRSAPD lethals loaded with over 10+ mins remaining. One example specifically ive been involved in was a fed with 12 cops vs 7 civ's doing the alamo strat, not even the aids dome strat with quilin minigun etc etc. This isnt a rant for all SAPD or even the majority, but when the small minority is on its aids to play civ.

• Like 5

yea + they're all bias and lick the taints of their admin buddies to get what they want, and anyone that remembers what the apd used to be can't bear that this is what its like.

in conclusion to what im trying to say, the community killed its own apd. the sr apd killed its own apd. its pathetic.

4 hours ago, TapTap said:

Issues tend to arise when people with horrible mentalities surround themselves with like minded individuals or those who fail to think for themselves. Where there is no chance for those who disagree to voice their opinions without fear of repercussions you now have for all intents and purposes a tyranny. Disagreements and conversations lead to change, good change. When a leader fails to listen to his subordinates and expects them to be  parrots/robots and those people comply, you will have problems that currently plague the APD. These problems were not caused by a single person nor can be handled with the change of one person. These problems stem from a collection of individuals who refuse to think as individuals.

TLDR; The problem cannot be solved with the removal of one person, those in the sAPD need to think as individuals and use common sense. Not be mockingbirds or the good ole boy club.

THIS^^^^^^

• Like 3
  • Clown 1

The unfortunate truth is that the game is dead and those in charge just want to ride out the status quo to the end it seems. Absolutely crazy that there is a whole squad without a senior but we needed to create an extra dep chief slot

• Like 6

Some great SGT’s and FTO’s coming through currently, I am very confident in the future of SAPD. As for Winters, he is ALWAYS quick to respond with any questions, IA’s or general issues within the APD. While he may not be that active in game, he is extremely active in the background. As for cliques, unfortunately they will always be there. Those who play together will rise through the ranks together and if they don’t, then good candidates will end up being overlooked. Of course there is always room for improvement, but scapegoating winters and just going for his head will not achieve anything.

@ ThatNerdyGuy  as for senior promotions, sevro I believe isn’t accepting SGT, if offered. Myself, smitherz and knife all are fairly new in the FTO role. I assume they are giving it a bit of time to see who is best fitted to the senior spot, or just letting us get a bit more experience before making any decisions.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Monkey 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Clown 1
  • Downvote 1

Already been through this, sAPD need to grow some balls and voice their concerns in numbers instead of one person and only when they’ve been “removed/retired”

• Admin
17 minutes ago, Boovin said:

Already been through this, sAPD need to grow some balls and voice their concerns in numbers instead of one person and only when they’ve been “removed/retired”

It’s been tried. That’s how you end up removed/ retired.

• Love 1
  • +1 1
  • Senior Admin
42 minutes ago, CaloomClark said:

Some great SGT’s and FTO’s coming through currently, I am very confident in the future of SAPD. As for Winters, he is ALWAYS quick to respond with any questions, IA’s or general issues within the APD. While he may not be that active in game, he is extremely active in the background. As for cliques, unfortunately they will always be there. Those who play together will rise through the ranks together and if they don’t, then good candidates will end up being overlooked. Of course there is always room for improvement, but scapegoating winters and just going for his head will not achieve anything.

@ ThatNerdyGuy  as for senior promotions, sevro I believe isn’t accepting SGT, if offered. Myself, smitherz and knife all are fairly new in the FTO role. I assume they are giving it a bit of time to see who is best fitted to the senior spot, or just letting us get a bit more experience before making any decisions.

You're just waffling here tbh

Fuckwinters

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
39 minutes ago, Boovin said:

The issue is that this current group running Senior APD has absolutely no problem disciplining or removing someone for not seeing eye to eye with them. What was lost is someone to speak on a “real” or different level, now there’s seemingly so many “yes men/women” that nothing could possibly be done. This only got worse after Headless’s departure after myself, the only two people who didn’t have an issue with saying no. 

7 hours ago, Evannnnn said:

#bringbacknerdy @ knifemaster forsgt @ xsmitherz forsgt

I don’t have the time to commit to this like I used to, however, I wholeheartedly believe the solution is already within the Senior APD. 

8 hours ago, Hazardous said:

👀

The largest issue with this is that what your response is will likely be the largest response from the Senior APD on this post. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1
15 minutes ago, ThatNerdyGuy said:

The largest issue with this is that what your response is will likely be the largest response from the Senior APD on this post. 

Acknowledging the post & letting it reel before I start picking at it . Also have to remember most of the seniors will not respond because the faction is hushed. You can freely take the long list of seniors that were recently “forcefully removed/retired” as the voice of majority of SAPD as they have no limitations.

• Like 2
  • Clown 1