Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

1. You're going to run into a wide variety of people playing in Olympus. There are a lot of cool people that play, but also a bunch of clowns that play. If you run into a clown, just remember that they don't represent the majority of players. 

2. The Olympus Wiki has A LOT of information that can be beneficial for you. Server rules can be found there, along with rules for both Medic and Police factions. You won't be able to join those factions right away, but you can at least know what to expect when encountering each of them when playing as a civilian.

3. Have reliable recording software such as ShadowPlay GeForce. In the event that you are a victim of someone breaking server rules (ex. someone killing you without engagement), you can receive compensation for any lost gear/items with the proper video evidence. 

4. Check the forums, or discord for any gangs that are recruiting and accepting new players. This game is a lot more enjoyable when you play with friends. Playing as a solo player is also viable, but be prepared to be outnumbered in just about every scenario you run into. 

5. If you are in a helicopter and someone texts you, AUTOHOVER IN PLACE FOR 5 MINUTES OR BE TITANED, don't believe them and just keep flying. They are always bluffing. 

If you have any questions or concerns, the Support Team is available. Either jump on teamspeak and wait in the Need Help channel, or use Discord to submit a ticket with your questions/concerns. Good luck!!

• Like 5
  • +1 1
  • Haha 1
  • tinhead 2
  • Community Manager
3 hours ago, Survivor of the Fittest said:

First off welcome to Olympus! It will definitely take some time adjusting from the switch, but with time you will learn to love Olympus and Arma 3. 

In reference to @ SheriffJohnBeard  he brings up many great tips, including that Staff and Support Team are here to assist you if the need arises.

My biggest tip would be to join a Gang! We have a lot of great resources to find a group to play with including the Olympus Forums, Discord, and even the Ingame recruiting menu. Not only will it help your transition to Arma, but it will help you learn the ropes of Olympus while also giving you extra players to rely on when attempting to complete a run, event, or fights along the way.

Here are some of the necessary links that he mentioned in his tip list that will provide help along the way.

Teamspeak IP:

Discord Link

Olympus Wiki (literally the greatest tool we have)

Olympus Support Ticket Tab

Have fun and feel free to reach out if you have any additional questions! 🙂

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • +1 1
1 hour ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

5. If you are in a helicopter and someone texts you, AUTOHOVER IN PLACE FOR 5 MINUTES OR BE TITANED, don't believe them and just keep flying. They are always bluffing. 

I see what you did there

• Haha 2

Quick aside, don't mind the toxicity of some players. Don't give them the attention they're looking for. Most people around the starter town of Athira are friendly and happy to help newer players. The more experienced ones will also usually leave you alone if you let them know you're new as well. 

• Like 1
  • +1 1

One of the biggest things that impacts people playing the server and how their experience ends up is playing with other people. As a beginner playing solo you are bound to fail, you may have fun experiences but you will have a lot of bad ones too.

If you have friends that you can play with, get them on and play. If not try and find a gang as quick as possible, they will usually have more experience on the server so you will learn from them, and you will probably have a lot of fun with them. You will make a bunch of friends on here that you’ll probably know and remember for years. I still talk to people that I met back in 2018 when I started playing.

This server is not easy as a solo, and a lot of people quit cuz they never find the gang experience before they give up. You will get beat by numbers all the time, and finding a group of people to play with is essential.

• Like 1
  • +1 1
6 hours ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

Agreed!

2 minutes ago, Kaka said:

I am gonna rob you then get on cop and arrest you

DEFUND ALTIS APD

• Like 1
  • Kreygasm 1
15 hours ago, Survivor of the Fittest said:

Hello, im new to arma 3 and new to the server, please throw me in comments any tips you got ! i know they going to be some funny ones but let me hear it ! ( iv been a DayZ player for all this years )

this server is dayz but with a required 1 liner before you drop somebody. have fun 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, SheriffJohnBeard said:

I promise you... your gonna wanna land when receiving a text like this.. 🥹

(always have your go pro on) 🥸

• +1 1

Welcome! 🧁

If you want to be solo and get to know the map and make a few quick dollars. Start with driving dp missions or flying them. If you do get a hover or be titaned text definitely hover..or take the risk. But you can do dp missions with nothing but a car so if you get robbed/killed just respawn elsewhere and start over. They are only very profitable for the first little bit you play. You can, also, start with Athira as there's a tutorial. 

RNR can be helpful and support team and staff should be able to assist you. 

But the best thing you can do is make friends and join a gang and learn the ropes. 

double tap c for combat stance and make sure you are always in it, go into settings and disable vehicle freelook and adaptive crosshair, and if you are planning on playing vigi/cop/want to talk to people while having your Y menu open set up a keybind for VON (voice over net) in settings, I recommend making this key bind double tapping caps lock.

• Like 1
  • +1 1

APD is power hungry dicks

Rnr is pretty chill and Laid back

Civilian life sucks unless you play with a gang.

The game is sometimes called rdm simulator, it will happen multiple times to you, always be recording. Use obs or medal

• Admin
On 3/5/2024 at 10:59 PM, Cale said:

double tap c for combat stance and make sure you are always in it, go into settings and disable vehicle freelook and adaptive crosshair, and if you are planning on playing vigi/cop/want to talk to people while having your Y menu open set up a keybind for VON (voice over net) in settings, I recommend making this key bind double tapping caps lock.

this is a MUST we should put this shit in the tutorial TBH 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Noble said:

this is a MUST we should put this shit in the tutorial TBH 

Probably just better to make a specific guide thats pinned on the forums or on the wiki.

Effects volume effects VIOP, disable mouse acceleration in windows, put arma on an nvme ssd for the best frame times and possibly fps, you can change to hold ads in controls, fullscreen apparently adds input lag (might be myth), change maxframes ahead to 1 for input lag (might be myth), bind hold breath to hold right click for less recoil, disable mouse smoothing, disable aiming deadzone, right click on steam and go to betas and select performance profiling, and make sure your refresh rate in your arma.cfg file is the same as your monitor while you're at it as well (not sure if it's just a myth but if you have higher fps you shoot faster).

Edited by Frato
  • Like 1

Also for your launch options make sure to check -noSplash and -skipIntro. If you're having issues tabbing in and out (backscreen and crash) put -nobenchmark in the command line. Would also recommend checking -noPause and -noPauseAudio this way if you're tabbed out in game you can still know whats going on and tab in quicker.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, stocks said:

APD is power hungry dicks

Rnr is pretty chill and Laid back

Civilian life sucks unless you play with a gang.

The game is sometimes called rdm simulator, it will happen multiple times to you, always be recording. Use obs or medal

Shut up

7 hours ago, Tommyy said:

Shut up

like i said, APD are cucks. 

ALSO a great tip, learn the server rules, you can make money literally just disputing people all day who break the rules, Rules apply for APD as well.. 

• Admin
9 hours ago, Frato said:

Also for your launch options make sure to check -noSplash and -skipIntro. If you're having issues tabbing in and out (backscreen and crash) put -nobenchmark in the command line. Would also recommend checking -noPause and -noPauseAudio this way if you're tabbed out in game you can still know whats going on and tab in quicker.

the crash when tab out is also fixed by borderless Fullscreen, also helps FPS

• Like 1
  • +1 1