Server Dieing? Do somthing about it!

Ok, so as we all know some people that been going on and talking about how the server is dieing out. Population is decreasing. Some say its due to the updates not being as frequent as they should, and that the pop will come back up after the map update is pushed. Well, rather than wait for Odin to push the update do somthing about it! Every person on the server, especially the larger more wealthy people and gangs can make a huge impact on the server population. I am sick of seeing and hearing people talk negatively about the server dieing when in my opinion this is one of the best communities of Altis Life that I have personelly experienced. Here are the things I THINK should be done by people to help the server grow.

1. For all the gangs that get bored of doing nothing, and you go robbing, stop robbing people that are new and on an SUV or ATV run. Honestly wtf, theres no sense in that, if it is someone regular and you know that they have the money to lose then go for it, but its a difficult start when your new. Chill on the robbing.

2. Probably more important then the chilling on the robbing new people is to HELP them. Go to the Olympus TS and look around, or text some of the newer names you see in game. Take them for a " ride along " and show them the ropes. Take them for a run, pay them 150K if you do a large enough run. That is enough to get a decent start on Olympus Life. 

Lets stop hateing and start being pro life. If we want a server such as this to last then we cant rely on nothing to make it work for us.

• Like 8
22 minutes ago, bigPat said:

Ok, so as we all know some people that been going on and talking about how the server is dieing out. Population is decreasing. Some say its due to the updates not being as frequent as they should, and that the pop will come back up after the map update is pushed. Well, rather than wait for Odin to push the update do somthing about it! Every person on the server, especially the larger more wealthy people and gangs can make a huge impact on the server population. I am sick of seeing and hearing people talk negatively about the server dieing when in my opinion this is one of the best communities of Altis Life that I have personelly experienced. Here are the things I THINK should be done by people to help the server grow.

1. For all the gangs that get bored of doing nothing, and you go robbing, stop robbing people that are new and on an SUV or ATV run. Honestly wtf, theres no sense in that, if it is someone regular and you know that they have the money to lose then go for it, but its a difficult start when your new. Chill on the robbing.

2. Probably more important then the chilling on the robbing new people is to HELP them. Go to the Olympus TS and look around, or text some of the newer names you see in game. Take them for a " ride along " and show them the ropes. Take them for a run, pay them 150K if you do a large enough run. That is enough to get a decent start on Olympus Life. 

Lets stop hateing and start being pro life. If we want a server such as this to last then we cant rely on nothing to make it work for us.

I agree with what you are saying. I try to help new players as much as I can, I paid so many tickets for people today and also did a cashcab :D

thought this was going to be another "Admins, this is your fault" post.

But i do agree, the bigger gangs have a major impact on new players. Sucks when they try to do a small run to make a bit of starting $$$, then get fucked by a gang that just wants to shoot em and not even process what they take from them. I often dont rob people doing drug runs in a box truck or smaller, and very rarely ever rob legals. I know many others think the same thing, but we wont be able to stop all the lil shits from shooting an unarmed man running copper just because he wanted to kill someone

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, Ham said:

I agree with what you are saying. I try to help new players as much as I can, I paid so many tickets for people today and also did a cashcab :D

I havent necceisarily paid anyone's tickets myself.

22 minutes ago, JBruesch said:

thought this was going to be another "Admins, this is your fault" post.

But i do agree, the bigger gangs have a major impact on new players. Sucks when they try to do a small run to make a bit of starting $$$, then get fucked by a gang that just wants to shoot em and not even process what they take from them. I often dont rob people doing drug runs in a box truck or smaller, and very rarely ever rob legals. I know many others think the same thing, but we wont be able to stop all the lil shits from shooting an unarmed man running copper just because he wanted to kill someone

Yea, just about every day this week in the evening I have been doing runs with new people paying them 100K each run. I usually take 2 new people at a time. 
Gives them a chance to get an SUV, upgrade it, then simply do SUV runs of moonshine whitch makes 250K each run so it can get you a good start to the server and show that the community isnt full of complete assholes, and NO I was not about to blame the admins on this one. I admit that Posidon could have given the needed credentials to others admins for them to push updates alot sooner but what is done is done. Its taken care of now. 

9 minutes ago, Rusty said:

lets be real here, you rob new kids everyday :) but i know what you're saying.

Na, robbing new kids isnt my thing. You must be refering to the other people in my Gang.

• Like 1

Probably not somthing most people would do simply because there is not trust for other people and no one wants to take a risk, but I just let 2 new guys borrow my orca and box truck slung by the orca to do a run. They will both make good money and have the money they need to get there own helis. I hardly use my box or my orca these days, so why not? 

• Like 1

I mean honestly, if it weren't for Pat helping last night I would have definitely quit simply because of how many times people have screwed my friend and I over. Not a lot of people are as kind as Pat and I do appreciate it. I'm glad to have met some good people in this game. I'll be sticking around for it.

• Like 3

We're working on taking the map from the big update and putting it in the current version of altis life. Progress is good so far but the map is not yet complete and some bugs need to be addressed. Hopefully we can get it in soon.

• Like 4

There is big issue to be adressed and yes the servers are dying because big gangs often Rob New players, but lets be real, new players Rob other new players as well bc they don't stand a chance against the bigger gangs.. And then there is also the countless people joining the server and get enough money for a gun and then run around and RDM everyone 

1 hour ago, xxxxAnThRaXxxxx said:

stop making excuses, it is not because "big gangs are robbing people." We both know the server is just dying, jesus you people that blame it on gangs sound just like the people who are blaming cops for violence  on the news. Stop making excuses, the server is dieing because there are better ones out there. 

we'll that is a main reason new players die and then say fuckit I am not wasting my time when I am just going to die all the time. that's what goes through there heads sadly

2 hours ago, xxxxAnThRaXxxxx said:

stop making excuses, it is not because "big gangs are robbing people." We both know the server is just dying, jesus you people that blame it on gangs sound just like the people who are blaming cops for violence  on the news. Stop making excuses, the server is dieing because there are better ones out there. 

You can get that attitude of our forums, your input but it is really not wanted. We are doing our best to keep this server going and to expand it's player base. This is something I am 100% sure that the current staff and dev team can accomplish.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Poseidon said:

We're working on taking the map from the big update and putting it in the current version of altis life. Progress is good so far but the map is not yet complete and some bugs need to be addressed. Hopefully we can get it in soon.

Thanks for that update on the map, its good to be to know somthing that is going on.

5 hours ago, xxxxAnThRaXxxxx said:

Bro, this server is dead. I can say this much, if you want a pop. server then explore your options... this is NOT the only server and i assure you that there are other fun servers out there.

I agree with Brennan, your negative opinions really arent wanted here. When I put my time into this server not dieing and you come blast with the negativeity about how other servers are better, why arent you on those other servers forums? If you dont like Olympus then gtfo.

7 hours ago, Sean0615 said:

I mean honestly, if it weren't for Pat helping last night I would have definitely quit simply because of how many times people have screwed my friend and I over. Not a lot of people are as kind as Pat and I do appreciate it. I'm glad to have met some good people in this game. I'll be sticking around for it.

Your welcome Sean, Im happy to be a help to you guys. Its been fun as well! 

Just now, xxxxAnThRaXxxxx said:

you two just need to learn how to accept the truth and stop QQing,

I will just ignore the negativity from this point on, no sense in argueing with someone like you. You should really reflect on what is making your life so shit that you need to be so negative on a game about it. Thanks for the input though. 

• Like 1

I think maybe too many people are playing as APD, not enough as civ.  It's totally understandable - APD is like a gang that never goes inactive, there are playtime guidelines to meet, and new players aren't at a disadvantage.  

I'd like to see a discussion about what the optimal APD % on the server is.  My feeling is something like 20-25% of the total population.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ozzy Jones said:

I think maybe too many people are playing as APD, not enough as civ.  It's totally understandable - APD is like a gang that never goes inactive, there are playtime guidelines to meet, and new players aren't at a disadvantage.  

I'd like to see a discussion about what the optimal APD % on the server is.  My feeling is something like 20-25% of the total population.

I agree with that, there has been alot of APD activity lately,  I am a part of the APD. The problem I see is the senior apd join and then the server stacks cops. All the little ass kissers are trying to play with the higher ups and its slightly rediculous.

• Like 3
  • Head Admin
2 hours ago, Tragic said:

was hopping around and I saw a server with Max slots 125 would it be possible to do this with our servers

they also got like 20 apd on 10 or more at all times and the rest are civs

Servers that have 125 slots and servers that remain playable with 125 slots filled are 2 very different things =P

Even Fed00t knows that and he is BISH.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Grandma Gary said:

Servers that have 125 slots and servers that remain playable with 125 slots filled are 2 very different things =P

Even Fed00t knows that and he is BISH.

yes those servers are full all the time never under 50 players

I completely agree on this, you nailed it Pat. When you told me about this yesterday in my TS, I had to come check it out, great points! My gang, ~PAC~, takes in players no matter what their experience. We get a bunch of crap from people saying our gang is just "squeakers" and "shitters" but at least they are learning to do runs, and even learning how to play in general. We may not be the best gang, but at least we have fun and are teaching new Arma players or new Olympus players the ropes. I personally discipline my gang members if I find out they robbed someone in something smaller than a box truck, robbing someone doing a legal run, or killing fresh spawns in Kavala. I remember how hard it was to make money on legal runs with just a hatchback, now I have 13 mil. I have been here for over a year now and have seen many people come and go, even friends, because it was too hard to make money. We as frequent players need to help the community grow, not kill it. Lastly, for all the people giving my gang shit, I leave you with these words: At least I'm trying to help the server grow.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...