Wehlp, I done did it boys

1 minute ago, Peter Long said:

How much for your current 980?

I'll sell the 980 to ya for 300. 

39 minutes ago, Lethal said:

Nice specs dude. Good CPU choice, i went overboard with my i7 5690x i should have just waited for the skylake and saved myself some money. 

I actually already owned a 4790k but I really wanted to set myself up for future upgrades which I know will be skylake architecture and DDR4 RAM. Also I probably could have saved by waiting for the PASCAL series GPUs but I'll probably just buy one when it comes out anyway and sell the 980 ti.

17 minutes ago, McDili said:

I'll sell the 980 to ya for 300. 

I actually already owned a 4790k but I really wanted to set myself up for future upgrades which I know will be skylake architecture and DDR4 RAM. Also I probably could have saved by waiting for the PASCAL series GPUs but I'll probably just buy one when it comes out anyway and sell the 980 ti.

well shit fam, if you are looking to sell it, im looking for a CPU for my recording/editing PC. just lmk

• 2 weeks later...

Well boys, I fired this puppy up in ArmA 3 last night. Just amazing. As my status update says, 60 FPS in Kavala. That's amazing.

Everywhere else outside of cities is between 90 and 120 FPS. It's insane. (I followed Lethal's FPS guide posted here: 

)

I didn't think I would notice a big difference between this rig and my old build. Previously I was using the 980 and 4790k. With the 980 TI and 6700k (I mostly attribute the boost in performance to the GPU) the difference is night and day. I gained like 15-20 FPS in Kavala and who knows how much outside of cities. I think I was getting like 70 FPS before. 

I also remember that I had some FPS issues in Fallout 4 with my last rig (I think there was some issues with it that I never discovered as well... seemed like I shouldn't have been getting the <30 FPS I would get in some areas) so I downloaded that last night and fired it up and it runs soooo smooth as butter.

If you want a build that eats ArmA 3 and spits it out, this build will do you solid.