Jump to content
Olympus Entertainment - Presidents Day Price Match ×

special treatment


Recommended Posts

Seeing posts like this makes me feel really appreciated. I'm glad that I put as much effort into Gang Wars, putting off family, work, and dedicating over 50 hours of prep-time for something that just gets picked apart by some salty sallies afterwards. If you don't like how it went down, next time win by a greater margin, or just don't participate. You would have cried like a little girl if your team was knocked out the way NW was, so I made an executive decision to make it a little more fair. Don't participate next time if you are going to continue to whine and snivel. To try to appease your whining, I am setting up a Grudge match fight at a future date between the two gangs.

 

Enough is enough though, I have full creative control over Gang Wars, as it is an event that I put on for the community. If I decide to change a rule mid-war to make it more fair for some gangs to compete, than that is totally in my right to do so. The disconnecting during the match rule that I put in place for the Gang Wars was to get rid of you idiots who lag-switch. Apparently, you cannot fight fair, so you utilize slimy game-mechanics to win fights. The servers are set to auto-kick a player that loses connection. Mango was not kicked for losing connection, he was DDosed off the server. Wouldn't you feel slighted if your gang was down to the wire in a fight, went to a 1v1, and then some asshat who thinks he is funny ddoses your member and you lose out on gang wars?

 

Think about someone else other than yourself. You are acting like an entitled child. 

 

  • Like 11
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Lucki said:

Can I get a run down of what happened? I can gather some stuff from Peter's post, but I honestly have no idea of what happened besides people bitching about it. 

BFO vs NW came down to a 1v1, Mango disconnected therefore BFO wins by default. Saying Mango got DDos'd is the biggest crock of shit i've ever fucking heard. And @Peter Long, i'm going to be really straight forward with you because I have a decent amount of respect for you. But first off you honestly need to grow a fucking pair dude, you have a problem with people lagswitching? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, it's not a secret people fucking do it. SOO many people even admit to the shit now, same with no recoil scripts. You want to do a community event, PUT A DELAY ON THE STREAM, this is NOT the first time people sniped the stream to win and it won't be the last if you keep allowing it, PUNISH the damn players who are blatantly using shit to win. And I know you said all that as a whole, but do not say "You guys" when talking to one of my members, because Tree DOES NOT and WILL NOT ever condone scripts or fucking switches in our gang.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Lucki said:

Can I get a run down of what happened? I can gather some stuff from Peter's post, but I honestly have no idea of what happened besides people bitching about it. 

The BFO Vs. NW game came down to a 1v1. [NW] Mango Lost connection. It was then decided, i assume by peter, that the match would be decided by a rook off in the salt flats. This 1v1 rook battle was between the same BFO player that was last alive in the match but this time would face [NW] Mobundo. Mobundo won and NW continued in Gang Wars V to the next round.

Some believe this was unfair because NW lost connection and the whole match was decided in a 1v1 rook-off with a man who may or may not have a lot of history rooking in Kavala ;). Not saying I believe it was fair or unfair, that is just why people have strong opinions.

Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Orgondo said:

BFO vs NW came down to a 1v1, Mango disconnected therefore BFO wins by default. Saying Mango got DDos'd is the biggest crock of shit i've ever fucking heard. And @Peter Long, i'm going to be really straight forward with you because I have a decent amount of respect for you. But first off you honestly need to grow a fucking pair dude, you have a problem with people lagswitching? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, it's not a secret people fucking do it. SOO many people even admit to the shit now, same with no recoil scripts. You want to do a community event, PUT A DELAY ON THE STREAM, this is NOT the first time people sniped the stream to win and it won't be the last if you keep allowing it, PUNISH the damn players who are blatantly using shit to win. And I know you said all that as a whole, but do not say "You guys" when talking to one of my members, because Tree DOES NOT and WILL NOT ever condone scripts or fucking switches in our gang.

@Orgondo We have known eachother for a long time, almost 2 years now. For this reason alone I will give you a detailed response to your post.

 

You think we don't do something about the people who break rules in this community? I will send you a screenshot of the amount of bans that have been issued in the last week, and the number will blow your mind.

 I would like to state for the record that we have a staff that is comprised of members who volunteer their time FREELY. We do not get paid to deal with the sniveling, disrespectful, toxic pieces of shit that crop up from time to time. We do not get paid to do the 50-100 tickets that come in daily, handle all of the communities issues, put on events, and support new members. We do this, and do this happily, because we love and care for the community. So yes, when I, like the rest of the staff, put in all of these hours and take time away from families and friends, get salty when I have people who do their utmost to cheat, lie, and slime their way through the community. I have personally banned many, MANY people for lagswitching, toxicity, scripting, and other breaks of Olympus Rules. You think we don't do something? We listen in on most conversations, but we cannot catch everything. If you hear someone admitting to breaking the rules, record and report it. A previous administration here would ban people willy-nilly on rumors alone, for everything from telling someone to "fuck a goat" to banning people for hacking with no evidence. As a staff, we are much more knowledgeable and realistic when it comes to punishing members of the community. This is a two-sided coin however, as this calmer approach that we have to situations tends to let some assholes slip through the cracks. As a prominent member of the community, if you want to see change, help us! Report those who break the rules, tell us who to watch for lag-switching/hacking, report those who are DDosing.

Hold your peers to the standard that you want to see in the Community. We have a Staff of 10 members to watch 3 full servers, 24 hours a day. We do a DAMN good job doing it to, but we won't see 100% of everything. For you to tell me to grow a pair of balls is honestly laughable. Sometime in TS, I will pull you for a short hour and show you what we as staff deal with on a daily basis. It will open your eyes to a whole new world. @G.O.A.T.@bigPat@Ham can attest to this, as they are seeing a very, VERY small snippet of what we deal with as Senior Support Members. They will know better than any of you the amount of crap we get to deal with, and they only get a part of it. 

I never said Tree does any of the shady shit that some other people do, so please do not put words into my mouth. I was not singling out Ray Ray, and if you felt that way I formally apologize. This heated response is in regards to both this post and the previous one regarding entitled members of the community. 

Just take a step back and look at the whole picture please. That is all I ask. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I can die 50 times a day and not give a fuck who was the one really crying then? NW lol? cuz they got there way lmao how am I acting entitled tho man I'm lookin out for Bfo I didn't see anybody say a single thing about it u gotta expect at least one comment

 

shit posting is my job 

Edited by RAYRAY
Link to comment

People will bitch about anything and everything...  This remind me of a NASCAR rule.  Now before any of you retards out there comments, yes I am aware, this is not NASCAR.  Anyways, NASCAR will extend a race until they are able to finish under a green flag.  Hmmm, I wonder if NASCAR drivers cry as much as Olympus players.  I would think that it would be a better resolution then simply winning by default because someone has a technical problem.  It seems less honorable to take a win any way you can get it.  

Bottom line, why dont you gang pukes be grateful that Peter dedicates that much time to give you worthless wipes something to do.  STOP CRYING ABOUT EVERY FREEKING LITTLE THING!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Muthinator said:

People will bitch about anything and everything...  This remind me of a NASCAR rule.  Now before any of you retards out there comments, yes I am aware, this is not NASCAR.  Anyways, NASCAR will extend a race until they are able to finish under a green flag.  Hmmm, I wonder if NASCAR drivers cry as much as Olympus players.  I would think that it would be a better resolution then simply winning by default because someone has a technical problem.  It seems less honorable to take a win any way you can get it.  

Bottom line, why dont you gang pukes be grateful that Peter dedicates that much time to give you worthless wipes something to do.  STOP CRYING ABOUT EVERY FREEKING LITTLE THING!

They changed it if they make it past the overtime line then they finish under green but if they crash before it finishes under caution. I hope they revert to green white checker finishes again because tbh the overtime line is fucking gay.

Link to comment
Just now, Dustin87 said:

They changed it if they make it past the overtime line then they finish under green but if they crash before it finishes under caution. I hope they revert to green white checker finishes again because tbh the overtime line is fucking gay.

Did not know that.  Apparently I need to watch more NASCAR :D!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, RAYRAY said:

idk if anybody has said anything about poor BFO... buuuuut they should get by into 2nd round next gang wars for that fuckery JS 

 

i personally believe BFO would've gone on to win it all :) 

Shhhhh

Link to comment

As the organization director for BFO in the Gang Wars I found it to be a bit unfair what happened. But @Peter Long is right guys, he is the guy would made the event in the first place and we have to respect his decisions that he made. There will be a grudge match soon and that will hopefully determine who would've won. But for the time being bitching and moaning about it is NOT the way to go. I give credit to Peter Long and thank him for his work on Gang Wars V. Now please, lets keep this professional.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Mory Mango said:

what in the fuck are you talking about

It was just a friendly jab, calm your tits. 90% of the time people get your IP address just from you joining their Teamspeak. At that point they can DDOS you all they want.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and our Privacy Policy.