Windows 10 free update... should I do it?

Just now, Albert Savage said:

So this is for the tech savvy on here.... so Windows has been bugging me to update to windows 10 for free for the longest time.... now the timer is running out... Should I do it? What are the pros and cons?

better in game , smoother interface, better ui, more action, cons its 1  more gig

7 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Not only that, but the new os system uses less cpu as like for instances with Google chrome browsers. Windows 8-8.1 when you open google, it uses 10-15 % cpu, windows 10, 5-6 %. 

I have Windows 7 and am eligible to upgrade to 10 for free. Is it worth it? I also have two drives; an SSD boot drive and a disc drive for storage. Does that matter?

Do it !!!

3 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I have Windows 7 and am eligible to upgrade to 10 for free. Is it worth it? I also have two drives; an SSD boot drive and a disc drive for storage. Does that matter?

This doesn't make a difference, only the operating system files are affects. Do it.

9 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

No just install windows 10 onto the SSD. I would still say yes even for Windows 7 users.

25 minutes ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I still use Windows 7 as well. I tried awhile back to update it and it took forever, but than it never completed for some reason. 

Haven't tried updating again.

35 minutes ago, Talindor said:

Not only that, but the new os system uses less cpu as like for instances with Google chrome browsers. Windows 8-8.1 when you open google, it uses 10-15 % cpu, windows 10, 5-6 %. 

Windows 7 does the same with like 15% CPU usage. 

The reason I know this, was because I was at the mall, and they had a windows 10 promotion stand in the store and I wanted to complain to the Microsoft tech in glasses about how much their windows 8 sucks. I told them that their pre-loaded crap apps take up a lot of cpu and google browser was taking up like a lot even being open and idle. So he showed me the differences and that windows 10 barely even uses CPU when accessing internet browser and apps that they come with. 

To be honest, if you are on 7 and have no issues there is no real apparent reason to upgrade, however there's no real reason not to unless you like having a 7 year old operating system. It is a free upgrade that takes an hour or two. Upgrading doesn't affect any of your files, though the automatic updates do get annoying sometimes because you can't put it off very long without it barking at you to update some useless security web certificate for a random website you don't need but I have yet to find a real problem with it. If you don't like having the cortana bitch on your toolbar you can remove it which is great because she's an annoying bitch. If you had the time I would do it. At the end of the day, it's a free upgrade to a nicer windows 7 IMO and free is the best price.

• Head Admin
10 minutes ago, Talindor said:

The reason I know this, was because I was at the mall, and they had a windows 10 promotion stand in the store and I wanted to complain to the Microsoft tech in glasses about how much their windows 8 sucks. I told them that their pre-loaded crap apps take up a lot of cpu and google browser was taking up like a lot even being open and idle. So he showed me the differences and that windows 10 barely even uses CPU when accessing internet browser and apps that they come with. 

What he didnt show you was the older od having every chrome extension under the sun installed to artificially increase the cpu usage so plebs like you would buy into their upgrades.

DOS FTW!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Dejay said:

To be honest, if you are on 7 and have no issues there is no real apparent reason to upgrade, however there's no real reason not to unless you like having a 7 year old operating system. It is a free upgrade that takes an hour or two. Upgrading doesn't affect any of your files, though the automatic updates do get annoying sometimes because you can't put it off very long without it barking at you to update some useless security web certificate for a random website you don't need but I have yet to find a real problem with it. If you don't like having the cortana bitch on your toolbar you can remove it which is great because she's an annoying bitch. If you had the time I would do it. At the end of the day, it's a free upgrade to a nicer windows 7 IMO and free is the best price.

Ssd install takes me about 25 mins it's no pain at all

1 minute ago, krypton said:

Ssd install takes me about 25 mins it's no pain at all

I've installed it three times this year and everytime it has taken a different time. The most was 2 hours with a hdd so I gave a ballpark

48 minutes ago, Grandma Gary said:

What he didnt show you was the older od having every chrome extension under the sun installed to artificially increase the cpu usage so plebs like you would buy into their upgrades.

DOS FTW!

I didn't buy it, I just told him the os was shite!

Everyone knows my PC is not the top of the line. I just did a fresh win 10 install on a ssd. And than I optimized it for gaming. Best decision I've done this far in regards to PC gaming. My frames went from 60 on a fresh restart to about 110 and about peak time from 20-30 to 60-70. Dramatic increase. At night is when I see the lowest drop. That at worst is about 35ish. Needless to say over all I'm happy with it