Giveaway Update + New Price Match & Free Oly+ ×

Headset Advice

So,  my current headset broke during the last gang wars,  and I now have little to no sound coming from my left ear cup. It will be a while before I can save up enough for a headset,  but when I get one I want one that will last.  To all of you tech savvy guys, what do you use and why? 

Disclaimer : I'm done with wires.  Wireless only.  

I am debating between ASTRO a50s and Corsair h2100s

3 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

So,  my current headset broke during the last gang wars,  and I now have little to no sound coming from my left ear cup. It will be a while before I can save up enough for a headset,  but when I get one I want one that will last.  To all of you tech savvy guys, what do you use and why? 

Disclaimer : I'm done with wires.  Wireless only.  

I am debating between ASTRO a50s and Corsair h2100s

Wireless only? Aren't cables better quality?

I'm using the Razor Kraken 7.1 Chroma. It's at a good price point for it's performance. It has good quality sound. It is really good at picking up footstep and music sounds great out of them. It's built in mic isn't half bad. I use an external mic, but the mic on the headphones themselves is a good back up. Their best selling point is their stability though. Extremely sturdy headphones. They are built like a Nokia. The cord is also nice. Its a braided cable covered with cloth. They are also very comfortable.  

http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-kraken-71-chroma   

And after I typed this up I see that you want wireless :wacko:

• Admin

I had the corsairs 2100. Sound was meh and it had static issues. Returned them and bough the Turtle Beach 450 stealth. The best decision I made. I love them. Microphone sound is clear, 7.1 virtual DTS surround is great. Battery lasts 15+ hours. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/turtle-beach-ear-force-stealth-450-over-the-ear-wireless-gaming-headset-for-pc-black-red/9584136.p?skuId=9584136&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=b69930cf-455a-446e-8d5f-ef817896b374&ksprof_id=15&ksaffcode=pg129299&ksdevice=m

19 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

I had the corsairs 2100. Sound was meh and it had static issues. Returned them and bough the Turtle Beach 450 stealth. The best decision I made. I love them. Microphone sound is clear, 7.1 virtual DTS surround is great. Battery lasts 15+ hours. 

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/turtle-beach-ear-force-stealth-450-over-the-ear-wireless-gaming-headset-for-pc-black-red/9584136.p?skuId=9584136&ref=212&loc=1&ksid=b69930cf-455a-446e-8d5f-ef817896b374&ksprof_id=15&ksaffcode=pg129299&ksdevice=m

Static is a no go.  How big is your head? 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, Peter Long said:

Static is a no go.  How big is your head? 

I have a fairly medium to large head. Gigitty. 

But in all seriousness I've read that if you have a have big head it might get uncomfortable after a bit and they do press your glasses a little. But after a while they get comfortable. 

Hyper X Cloud 2 great mic and great sound only $90

https://www.amazon.com/HyperX-Cloud-Gaming-Headset-PS4/dp/B00SAYCXWG/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1473968568&sr=1-1&keywords=hyperx+cloud+2

Different colors as well

Everyone that i have told to buy them says they are the best headset they have had

These ones are by far the most high quality ones on the market. The mic is so good it can pick up your mum in the background. You almost can hear someone behind you in game its that good and very cheap as well. I didn't even realize what Vicious_Guinea_Pig said but I totally agree with him but not pink because pinkstreak isn't the greatest thing to be reminded of.

download (1).jpg

• Like 1

i know you dont wires but razer kraken chroma 7.1 only has one 6m cord and it doenst get turtle tail split ends or any of that fucked up cord shit plus it is covered in a tightly packed cloth over the rubber insulation so the cord is pretty hefty but the mic quality is good and the hearing is amazing 

Just gonna put this one out here form my experiences

Razer Kraken are not too bad but I would advise against buying them

Logitech G930s are wireless and really really nice  had those for about a year until I stepped on them however their battery life is not that great ( but you can play with them plugged in ) the range is good if you live in a house with large open areas however terrible if you live in a house that has lots of rooms and walls 

Just some other headphones you could take a look at :D