Olympus Entertainment - Celebrating 10 Years! [$2k+ GIVEAWAY] ×
Special Promotion [FREE OLYMPUS+] ×

On The Topic Of Tazing APD

Guest G.O.A.T.

I want you to understand. Although you may not understand I will repeat what the APD has been saying this whole time. Being stuck in your house for 15 minutes while restrained if not fun for anyone. We got buffed because you got buffed, we are at a fighting disadvantage already. Lose one gunfight and suddenly you are done. The reason we can taze and restrain is because often you guys kill us all and then sweep them away to a hiding place. WE CANT DO THAT. When we die you get 45 seconds at minimum to move our man away from where he was restrained and now we only have 4 officers left, who are now easier to tase because they have to split up to find our officer. It's a slippery slope that starts with one taze and restrain and ends with all the cops online being lined up and told to drop all their gear. WE CANNOT let such unbalanced bullshit happen, as it completely prohibits us from doing our jobs. 

• Like 2

why dont we just go cop lethals all the time 24/7 and sort this shit out i mean :D o wait thats right you guys will still fucking cry like bitchs no matter how this plays out someone is always going to be but hurt over something ...

• Like 2
  • Admin
7 minutes ago, Pledge said:

I want you to understand. Although you may not understand I will repeat what the APD has been saying this whole time. Being stuck in your house for 15 minutes while restrained if not fun for anyone. We got buffed because you got buffed, we are at a fighting disadvantage already. Lose one gunfight and suddenly you are done. The reason we can taze and restrain is because often you guys kill us all and then sweep them away to a hiding place. WE CANT DO THAT. When we die you get 45 seconds at minimum to move our man away from where he was restrained and now we only have 4 officers left, who are now easier to tase because they have to split up to find our officer. It's a slippery slope that starts with one taze and restrain and ends with all the cops online being lined up and told to drop all their gear. WE CANNOT let such unbalanced bullshit happen, as it completely prohibits us from doing our jobs. 

(Stupid voice) Just juice betel tactiks breh. Don't rush breh. 

:Kappa: 

It became unbalanced to shit. People who don't play cop won't understand. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, CosmosBro said:

Lets be honest, tasing cops is op af especially when youre the only one in a city or even if a gang is trying to get cop gear. I mean nurfing the tasers helps a little but it doesnt solve much at all...

so give cops lethals i mean as a cop do you taze people ??? well there is the porblem there just doing it back now sucks right :D so from now on let them lethal civs and see how civs like it 

1 hour ago, Berg02 said:

So I've seen a lot threads recently about APD members being tazed and restrained and I thought that I would address this from the civilian point of view.

1. "It's overpowered/unfair"

Think about the amount of buffs that the APD has received Vs. civilians. Pretty much all civs have received is GA rigs, which IMO was canceled out by removing CSAT, and being able to taze cops. Cops used to be p07 for deps and mx for corporal. all the guns have been upgraded, giving deputies 4 shot stings and now 3 shot vermins. same with other ranks. Also, cops have received the ghosthawk and taze buffs, as long as many small rule changes which benefit APD such as rules on when guns hot on a ghosthawk is ok or when you can taze people. Also the standard cop (P.O.) has a better gun, and even or better armor cause of the new taze buff. 

2. "I just play cop for the rp and getting tazed is no fun"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFL8W12ESVg You mean like this RP? 90% of the time you get processed by a deputies who just follows list and sends you to jail, and if you request a higher up, even if they are 10 feet away they will deny you cause they are busy tanking shots with level 5 vests and flying around in buffed ghosthawks.

3. "OMG. I HATE this new thing. Everyone that agrees that this should be a thing does NOT play cop. It is the most annoying thing in the whole world. Fucking being tazed, retrained and robbed three times in an hour. Fuck that. I have never really been salty salty in this game but this really messed it up for me. I hope something is done about this."

You think civs love spending 80 mins in jail? Also if its happening 3 times in an hour then it might be time to consider not RetardRushTMing into kavala square alone. Roll around with a group of people and this will only happen once in a while. 90% of the cops I have tazed are just sitting alone in kavala square like idiots. get some backup.

4. "You could just get cop gear by 3-1 or doing a hostage situation." No you can't, and here's why. Many times I have tried to 3-1 cops and they pull one of 2 things. One, they start pulling their gun out and try to lethal, get sprayed down, and when you confront them about it claim a "tactical advantage" where there was none. The other one is they try to pull a gun out, get sprayed down, and say "oh but there was a deputy 50 meters down the street so technically I wasn't outnumbered" even though they get shot every time. Hostage situations is even worse. You have to hope that the cops are feeling generous and that theres no sAPD on. If theres no sAPD on, a lot of the time you get offered a p07 for 10 hostages, they then wait for you to ask for a PO loadout and then tell you negotiations failed, because cops don't give a fuck about the hostages. And sAPD is even worse. I used to do many hostage situations, and never was I negotiated with by sAPD. During one of the situations where they tried to shoot us, we ended up killing some of the hostages, and their answer was "there was a medic nearby so who cares".

5. "Cop playtime is being lost"

Who cares? Theres enough cops online as it is. It used to be having 5 cops on was a rarity, now anytime from 3pm to 3am there is 10-20 cops online

6. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIiGUbpBkrU Imagine if a civilian was restrained by APD, driven around for 10 minutes and then taken to DP 8, the middle of nowhere, and the second their hex shows back up a civ heli shows up to save them. It would be an instant meta ban, but when cops do it they don't even get a demotion. And I know they weren't following us because those cops came from athira, and the last location artemis gave them was weed pro so there is no way they saw us. 

Did I miss anything? Feel free to disagree, but try to keep it relatively civilized. 

It kinda sucks tho bc most of the time there's a bunch more civs than cops .

6 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

It became unbalanced to shit. People who don't play cop won't understand. 

It's what they don't understand is why they keep arguing to keep the restraining cops. @Berg02 You need to remember when fighting the APD, you are not just fighting the online(5-10) cops. The system of why cops don't have NLR is to simulate a real police force. And what does a real police force do when an officer is taken hostage? or when criminals are robbing a federal reserve? They send the whole fucking force, all units responding. And yes it makes the game more realistic by letting civs restrain cops, but because of this being a game and not actually having an unlimited number of players on the server, this ability to restrain cops causes a huge flaw and is sort of broken as of right now. That's where the imbalance is. If half the cops online are restrained then APD is half as strong which breaks the idea of an actual police force. That's the main problem I see, and if we can somehow solve it (not sure how) we possibly could keep the ability to restrain cops. But the way it is right now, it just isn't working out.

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, BobsYourAuntie said:

Simple. If you don't like this new dynamic system then don't play cop. Haven't been robbed or anything since its been out so I don't see the problem.

I don't know how much cop you play, but apply common sense. If you are not in Kavala your chances of being kidnapped go down, and if you spend all your time in Kavala and still have not been kidnapped, I think you should re-evaluate how much time you spend playing cop.

Also please notice that the APD do not just quit playing the game and move on, we instead attempt to fix the problem. I personally can speak to the efforts made by @G.O.A.T. and @Lucki at the staff meetings to try and bring a balance to this where you can get what you want and we can get what we want. It just isn't happening. We are dissatisfied. If you're bothered by the fact that we are voicing our opinions, then as you put it, "You could always stop playing."

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, Pledge said:

I don't know how much cop you play, but apply common sense. If you are not in Kavala your chances of being kidnapped go down, and if you spend all your time in Kavala and still have not been kidnapped, I think you should re-evaluate how much time you spend playing cop.

Also please notice that the APD do not just quit playing the game and move on, we instead attempt to fix the problem. I personally can speak to the efforts made by @G.O.A.T. and @Lucki at the staff meetings to try and bring a balance to this where you can get what you want and we can get what we want. It just isn't happening. We are dissatisfied. If you're bothered by the fact that we are voicing our opinions, then as you put it, "You could always stop playing."

Or. Just dont play on your own. play with people who you know and a squad, should never be robbed/tazed and on top of that I rarely go to kavala because my fps isnt the best.

1 hour ago, BobsYourAuntie said:

Simple. If you don't like this new dynamic system then don't play cop. Haven't been robbed or anything since its been out so I don't see the problem.

Your bot ass must be afking cop minutes or asleep at your keyboard then whenever responding to just about anything then. 

8 minutes ago, BobsYourAuntie said:

Or. Just dont play on your own. play with people who you know and a squad, should never be robbed/tazed

Unless there are like 12 people all with tazers, then your fucked right? Because as soon as you peak a corner you get insta fucked and stolen away. I was in a hummingbird the other day, Pilot (another corp) ate a 5.56 for breakfast and the 3 gentlemen shooting at us had all 4 of us tazed before we hit the ground. They just ran up and did a quick shift R and blindfold then we were gone. 25 minutes later after being let go due to the 15 minute timer and made to walk back 4K we finally were able to go back out on patrol. I'm glad you told me that i need to have a better squad though, now I guess I will just have to ask a sgt for a ghosthawk everytime i go on patrol. 

Entire gangs get wiped while hot dropped sometimes, do you expect me to get an apd squad more coordinated than a gang?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TheCmdrRex said:

1) Maybe after the situation has already started. Most times it's getting engaged via text and have less than 10 seconds to react before your tazed and restrained though. By then usually some cops are already restrained and it limits the numbers able to respond. 

2) Yeah I talked to those officers about how they handled that situation. Not great RP at all. (They were mostly salty though as they were taken hostage from you prior to that situation)

3) Outnumbered is true though seeing how it's large groups of people with tasers that are the problem. The taser buff also seems more like a temporary fix as well.

4) Player report then. 

5) The scats were a separate comparison. I will also argue your information on 10 - 20 cops at a time. At peaks times and with no federal event active it is usually less than 10. 

1. yes that happens sometimes, but thats what backup is for.

2. good

3. only sometimes but its rarely more than 3 or 4 civs

4. yea reporting sAPD to sAPD will go so great

5. idk i usually see like 15 or so on

1 hour ago, Pledge said:

"being restrained in hq and in jail for 80 mins is not fun for anyone" "it's a slippery slope that starts with one civilian tazed and restrained and ends with all the civs being lined up and sent to jail"

1 hour ago, fugi said:

why dont we just go cop lethals all the time 24/7 and sort this shit out i mean :D o wait thats right you guys will still fucking cry like bitchs no matter how this plays out someone is always going to be but hurt over something ...

I would honestly be happy with its much more realistic cops are going to kill rebels that are firing at them not try to taze them. keep p07 tazer tho for the scats.

1 hour ago, BlackJack said:

It kinda sucks tho bc most of the time there's a bunch more civs than cops .

yea but its not 90 civs v 10 cops its 4 or 5 civs vs 4 or 5 cops

1 hour ago, MrRonSwanson said:

76 or so hours on cop, pre update I was robbed once by kavala hospital. 3-1. Post update, robbed about 6 or seven times in kavala square and the APD HQ during peak times. Now I am not saying there is an obvious problem... Actually... Yeah I am.

so roll around in a group and don't RetardRushTM

59 minutes ago, heyday said:

It's what they don't understand is why they keep arguing to keep the restraining cops. @Berg02 You need to remember when fighting the APD, you are not just fighting the online(5-10) cops. The system of why cops don't have NLR is to simulate a real police force. And what does a real police force do when an officer is taken hostage? or when criminals are robbing a federal reserve? They send the whole fucking force, all units responding. And yes it makes the game more realistic by letting civs restrain cops, but because of this being a game and not actually having an unlimited number of players on the server, this ability to restrain cops causes a huge flaw and is sort of broken as of right now. That's where the imbalance is. If half the cops online are restrained then APD is half as strong which breaks the idea of an actual police force. That's the main problem I see, and if we can somehow solve it (not sure how) we possibly could keep the ability to restrain cops. But the way it is right now, it just isn't working out.

Here is the thing, whenever a civ compares the apd to a USA police department they get flamed because "its altis not USA so its ok to run around with assault rifles" or whatever. but here you are doing the same thing. In some shitter 3rd world country cops die and get taken and are corrupt on the daily. a cop getting taken would not be some 100 unit response in a 3rd world country. no one would probably even notice they were gone for hours.

1 minute ago, Pledge said:

Unless there are like 12 people all with tazers, then your fucked right? Because as soon as you peak a corner you get insta fucked and stolen away. I was in a himingbird the other day, Pilot (another corp) ate a 5.56 for breakfast and the 4 gentlemen shooting at us had all 4 of us tazed before we hit the ground. They just ran up and did a quick shift R and blindfold then we were gone. 25 minutes later after being let go due to the 15 minute timer and made to walk back 4K we finally were able to go back out on patrol. I'm glad you told me that i need to have a better squad though, now I guess I will just have to ask a sgt for a ghosthawk everytime i go on patrol. 

yea if theres 12 people you deserve to get dicked on lmao deal with it. i dont see civs complaining against loosing 12v1 to cops. also get a better heli pilot lmao. the only way that he got tazed and u guys all survived was if he was autohovering... under fire. not anyone elses fault

also the most I've seen is 5 civs with tazers so idk where ur getting 12 but nice exageration

7 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

@Pledge you are going to get a "smart" remark along the lines of "GET guud breh". 

yea I mean if your helicopter pilot is autohovering a littlebird under fire sorry but you deserve to be taken and made run 20km not 4km

Guest G.O.A.T.

This post is rich, considering you single handedly abuse the feature exponentially more than any other civilian.

Also, I've never argued that the APD shouldn't be able to be tazed. That is perfectly fine, but the restraining of cops by any random with a rook+ is where I draw the line.

• Admin

Let's just get rid of cops all together. Now there are complaints about having "too much cops" on the server at any given time. Fuck me. This is Altis life. A cops and robbers simulator pretty much. I really don't get people sometimes. 

41 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

This post is rich, considering you single handedly abuse the feature exponentially more than any other civilian.

Also, I've never argued that the APD shouldn't be able to be tazed. That is perfectly fine, but the restraining of cops by any random with a rook+ is where I draw the line.

"Abuse" aka follow the rules, engage the cops, and taze and restrain them. Lol. Handle the rule breaks in your faction instead of talking about non existent "abuse". And yes I taze cops exponentially more than any other civilian so what. And I don't care about rook restraining but a person with a tazer should be able to restrain them. 

40 minutes ago, Bubbaloo Burrito said:

Let's just get rid of cops all together. Now there are complaints about having "too much cops" on the server at any given time. Fuck me. This is Altis life. A cops and robbers simulator pretty much. I really don't get people sometimes. 

All I'm saying is that there is no lack of cops like goat insinuated in his facts post. 

3 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

"Abuse" aka follow the rules, engage the cops, and taze and restrain them. Lol. Handle the rule breaks in your faction instead of talking about non existent "abuse". And yes I taze cops exponentially more than any other civilian so what. And I don't care about rook restraining but a person with a tazer should be able to restrain them. 

We exist simply to help keep people in check and enforce the law, you just sit around taking us hostage and robbing us, and then complain like it's not a problem. You are basically a murderer saying we should be allowed to murder people. All you do is taze and restrain us.

Guest G.O.A.T.
8 minutes ago, Berg02 said:

All I'm saying is that there is no lack of cops like goat insinuated in his facts post. 

Are you insinuating that my statistics are false? Go ask @Peter Long or @McDili, they both can verify the validity of my statistics. 

People with the attitude like yours is exactly why the change needs to be reverted.

Berg the reason they want to remove it is because of retard scats like you that have nothing better to do then troll the APD when everyone is just trying to have fun and being tazed and blind folded and left in a room for 30 mins isnt fun for anyone

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, G.O.A.T. said:

Are you insinuating that my statistics are false? Go ask @Peter Long or @McDili, they both can verify the validity of my statistics. 

People with the attitude like yours is exactly why the change needs to be reverted.

I never said that. I said that there are enough cops as it is

7 minutes ago, buckie said:

Berg the reason they want to remove it is because of retard scats like you that have nothing better to do then troll the APD when everyone is just trying to have fun and being tazed and blind folded and left in a room for 30 mins isnt fun for anyone

15 mins* also go throw some plates at a wall.