APD Handbook Update 3/28/18

17 minutes ago, Nicoleee said:

What’s the point in changing the ticket price? 

i mean - at this point why not make it a 1 dollar ticket OR why not give deputy/PO pardon rights and just have it popup "Player X was pardoned by Cop Y" (i know there is a popup i dont remember what it says) this way if a cpl or up is on and wasnt asked to approve pardon first, they can get in trouble...ez peezy

9 minutes ago, MAVE2ICK said:

i mean - at this point why not make it a 1 dollar ticket OR why not give deputy/PO pardon rights and just have it popup "Player X was pardoned by Cop Y" (i know there is a popup i dont remember what it says) this way if a cpl or up is on and wasnt asked to approve pardon first, they can get in trouble...ez peezy

Well it’s more of a trust issue you need 20 hours to get PO you need time ingrade and 166 hours to get Corporal. Wouldn’t make sense if deputies or POs had pardon powers besides physically meeting the player ingame. 

I was just wondering why the amount was changed. 

Edited by Nicoleee
27 minutes ago, Nicoleee said:

Because $100 is what pops into the ticket UI by default. It never made sense to have to delete 100 just to replace it with 500 for a pardon.

5 hours ago, MAVE2ICK said:

Uhm - you're gucci - goodluck keeping 'constant sight' of a blackfish...

Wasn’t meant to be the best solution to the issue - just something to deter its use in certain situations.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Nicoleee said:

Well it’s more of a trust issue you need 20 hours to get PO you need time ingrade and 166 hours to get Corporal. Wouldn’t make sense if deputies or POs had pardon powers besides physically meeting the player ingame. 

I was just wondering why the amount was changed. 

i mean - to be fair...100 ticket is basically a pardon...there is basically no difference...

2 minutes ago, Nicoleee said:

Yes but you just can’t hit 1 and click on everyone’s name and hit “Pardon” you need to physically give the person a ticket ingame. 

fair enough.

• Like 1
  • Admin
34 minutes ago, Nicoleee said:

Just easier. The default ticket price when issuing is $100. Having to change it to 500 for pardons is pointless. This just makes it more fluid.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ChubbyElf said:

Lame as fuck smh.

APD gets more and more of an upper hand as the days go by..

I think the rule change is fair... not sure how it gives them upper hand...

1 hour ago, Tb:) said:

lmfao please explain

19 minutes ago, MAVE2ICK said:

I think the rule change is fair... not sure how it gives them upper hand...

Unlimited loadouts, no NLR at non-federal events, and all these rule changes that keep making APD more overpowered.

The straw that broke the camels back in my opinion was when they changed the server rules so you couldn't taze cops at Pyrgos Pharmaceutical, an OPTIONAL, NON-FEDERAL event. Cops were complaining about being tazed at these events when they were not obligated to show up.

I'm not happy with how APD is essentially becoming the biggest gang on Olympus.

And if any of you APD cocksuckers want to debate me, 

Contact me here

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, ChubbyElf said:

Unlimited loadouts, no NLR at non-federal events, and all these rule changes that keep making APD more overpowered.

The straw that broke the camels back in my opinion was when they changed the server rules so you couldn't taze cops at Pyrgos Pharmaceutical, an OPTIONAL, NON-FEDERAL event. Cops were complaining about being tazed at these events when they were not obligated to show up.

Contact me here

I couldn't agree more, the power which the APD has is ridiculous.. 

2 hours ago, ChubbyElf said:

Contact me here

If youre not in a big gang cops will shit on you FeelsBadMan

Edited by ryan beck
2 hours ago, ChubbyElf said:

Contact me here

The APD has no NLR and waves to simulate an actual police force. If you play your cards right the wave rule can be abused but I will agree with you there is no purpose is doing a pharmaceutical as the best run is a 17 kilometer drive with no wave rule and i’m fucking driving a truck for roughly 2mil split while fighting endless cops.

+1

That’s because the sole reason people were doing these events was to get cop loadouts, which was entirely missing the point of the event. If civilians need to tase cops to win, then the civilians need to work with people like their civilian reps to fix this issue.

SMH when I hear I am “nerfing the APD” when I am trying to encourage civilians to do more federal events without actually restricting people from playing. God forbid I make an update that removes an unnecessary item from the APD; At the same time, god forbid I make an update that attempts to fix a ridiculous and frankly OP solution to civilians winning federal events.

Also this rule essentially fixes nothing. The blackfish literally goes faster than any APD vehicle. Fly out of sight and this rule update changes nothing.

• Like 4
11 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

That’s because the sole reason people were doing these events was to get cop loadouts, which was entirely missing the point of the event. If civilians need to tase cops to win, then the civilians need to work with people like their civilian reps to fix this issue.

SMH when I hear I am “nerfing the APD” when I am trying to encourage civilians to do more federal events without actually restricting people from playing. God forbid I make an update that removes an unnecessary item from the APD; At the same time, god forbid I make an update that attempts to fix a ridiculous and frankly OP solution to civilians winning federal events.

Also this rule essentially fixes nothing. The blackfish literally goes faster than any APD vehicle. Fly out of sight and this rule update changes nothing.

The APD should step up their game if they can't handle a group of guys with tazers at the pharmaceutical. Otherwise they don't deserve to stop the event, which is what happened before the nerf.

The Pharmaceutical start location is literally a peninsula... it would be so easy to stop the truck just by waiting patiently but instead APD chooses to bumrush and then whine when they get tazed. I would know, as I was part of the first Pharma that they used this trick on.

Edited by ChubbyElf
Just now, ChubbyElf said:

The APD should step up their game if they can't handle a group of guys with tazers at the pharmaceutical. Otherwise they don't deserve to stop the event, which is what happened before the nerf.

Now you are just beating at the same argument when the tazing rule for federal events was brought up. 

Here is a handful of reasons why tazing at an event like that is overpowered:

1) If you tase an officer, it eliminates wave rule simulation, thus defeating the entire fighting point of the APD, which is to win through attrition.

2) Cops are still going to respond normally, I mean it’s a robbery after all, so using the term optional to back up your argument doesn’t help much. 

3) To be able to summon cops falsely so that you can rob them with a pharmaceutical is not clever. If there is no intention to do the event, then what kind of point to the event is that? Just use the dispatch to bait cops ffs. 

4) The APDs loadouts literally make them grunts. They have a dog shit vests and most guns used by rebels out-gun the majority of the APD. 

At this point I could just hit you with the: Rebels should step up their game if they can’t handle a bunch of grunts with tasers. If they can’t win with lethal weapons then they don’t deserve to do the event in the first place. - however I am going to remind you all that especially in the case of the pharmaceutical, it is an event that we can experiment things with and try to find a good balance. What has been implemented certainly isn’t final product so you all need to figure out what would actually balance it instead of beating around the bush.

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, TheCmdrRex said:

Now you are just beating at the same argument when the tazing rule for federal events was brought up. 

Here is a handful of reasons why tazing at an event like that is overpowered:

1) If you tase an officer, it eliminates wave rule simulation, thus defeating the entire fighting point of the APD, which is to win through attrition.

2) Cops are still going to respond normally, I mean it’s a robbery after all, so using the term optional to back up your argument doesn’t help much. 

3) To be able to summon cops falsely so that you can rob them with a pharmaceutical is not clever. If there is no intention to do the event, then what kind of point to the event is that? Just use the dispatch to bait cops ffs. 

4) The APDs loadouts literally make them grunts. They have a dog shit vests and most guns used by rebels out-gun the majority of the APD. 

At this point I could just hit you with the: Rebels should step up their game if they can’t handle a bunch of grunts with tasers. If they can’t win with lethal weapons then they don’t deserve to do the event in the first place. - however I am going to remind you all that especially in the case of the pharmaceutical, it is an event that we can experiment things with and try to find a good balance. What has been implemented certainly isn’t final product so you all need to figure out what would actually balance it instead of beating around the bush.

The reason I pursued this so heavily was to bring attention to the fact that it should be changed. If we both agree it should be more balanced then lets do it.

• Like 1