Cheap PC Question

Im looking into this shit PC and im wondering if it will be able to run anything, I havent kept up on pc parts in a while and need opinions.

Specs:

i5 2500k, 2TB HDD, 120GB ssd, MSI Gaming rx 480 8GB, 8G HyperX 1600 Ram, plus a random case and 650w PSU

edit: Im paying 400$ CAD which is about 310 USD

Edited by Ventar
1 hour ago, Ventar said:

Im looking into this shit PC and im wondering if it will be able to run anything, I havent kept up on pc parts in a while and need opinions.

Specs:

i5 2500k, 2TB HDD, 120GB ssd, MSI Gaming rx 480 8GB, 8G HyperX 1600 Ram, plus a random case and 650w PSU

I don't know shit about PC's, I could be wrong. But I don't think that will be able to run arma very well, Low FPS. Again I could be wrong so just wait for someone else to respond. GL

Edited by Imawowboy
Just now, Imawowboy said:

I know bat shit about PC, and i could be wrong. But I don't think that will be able to run arma very well, Low FPS. Again I could be wrong so just wait for someone else to respond.

Was asking about general games, rust more-so over arma

1 hour ago, Ventar said:

My computer runs arma better than rust, 20-30 FPs, and Rust gets about 15-20. So it'll run Rust worse. I could be wrong though.

Edited by Imawowboy
17 minutes ago, Ventar said:

eh I mean that build doesn't look to hot for rust or Arma. I wouldn't recommend buying that if you plan on getting high fps and no lag in games. If you don't got the money it's understandable but if you do I recommend spending a little more on a better budget build.

8gb XFX card I clock it at 1375mhz memory 2200mhz without custom bios. 

9c7.png

this video shows how the game runs for me 4km render distance with maxed settings 

video quality kinda sucks recorded it with Quick sync in obs on accident XD

Edited by Patreck
5 minutes ago, Patreck said:

8gb XFX card I clock it at 1375mhz memory 2200mhz without custom bios. 

9c7.png

this video shows how the game runs for me 4km render distance with maxed settings 

Looks good tbh, I prefer to run on low settings anyways so im sure it will turn out fine.

so your bottleneck with arma esp will be your CPU... arma is a weird soul when it comes to performance...believe it or not, if you turn your settings up you may get better FPS because itll pull the bulk rendering off the CPU and put on the GPU...

So OC that bish and up the settings and see what you get...

1 minute ago, MAV said:

so your bottleneck with arma esp will be your CPU... arma is a weird soul when it comes to performance...believe it or not, if you turn your settings up you may get better FPS because itll pull the bulk rendering off the CPU and put on the GPU...

So OC that bish and up the settings and see what you get...

ok will do, thanks

terrible just save up and buy a new pc dont waste 400 on that piece of shit youll regret it

save up and get a i5 8600k or a 9600k for like 250 and buy a used 1060 that was fucked on mining for a year straight for 100 bucks and then save up for cheap mobo and corsair vengence LPX 8gb DDR4

use pcpart picker to see if parts are compatible

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ventar said:

Specs:

so you can finally start playing something else other than BDO and Rust :P

You need a nice build like this:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Corsair - H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Asus - MAXIMUS VIII HERO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - WD VelociRaptor 1TB 2.5" 10000RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: Asus - GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Founders Edition Video Card 
Case: NZXT - S340 Elite (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
Wireless Network Adapter: Asus - PCE-AC68 PCI-Express x1 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi Adapter (optional)
Case Fan: BitFenix - BFF-SPRO-P14025KK-RP 122.2 CFM  140mm Fan  (optional)
Case Fan: BitFenix - BFF-SPRO-P14025KK-RP 122.2 CFM  140mm Fan  (optional)

Never let me down.

Shit, you'll regret it, save up for one of the latest i5s and overclock. Arma is more CPU than GPU dependent. You'll regret buying that PC when you realise you still cant enter kavala....even get a job and quit it to make some money for a better PC and you wont be disappointed....

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Bralls said:

Id say that is very good for the price

Well to total price for the build is $2000 lol but just buy your parts piece by piece of what you want and build it yourself. Saves you way more money in the long run and you don’t have to get a new one for a few years. Like @Randyy said, use pcpartpicker when you make your selections to make use everything is compatible. I highly recommend an i7 7700k processor. I’m use you can find a good one for 100-200$ used. If it works with our current build then use it. i5s are nice too.

11 minutes ago, Hectic said:

Shit, you'll regret it, save up for one of the latest i5s and overclock. Arma is more CPU than GPU dependent. You'll regret buying that PC when you realise you still cant enter kavala....even get a job and quit it to make some money for a better PC and you wont be disappointed....

+1

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Vac. said:

so you can finally start playing something else other than BDO and Rust :P

I played bdo and rust on my old system with 7700k and 1070.. sold that shit but I only play like 5 hours a week so i dont need something nutty

8 hours ago, Ventar said:

Specs:

Have fun making PowerPoints like @Deadpool