How To Bring Back Ganglife

5 minutes ago, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

657919a04261d90f4b24f9f0a62f02b6.png

54 68 61 6e 6b 20 79 6f 75 20 66 6f 72 20 64 65 63 6f 64 69 6e 67 20 74 68 61 74 20 62 69 6e 61 72 79 20 66 6f 72 20 74 68 65 20 72 65 73 74 20 6f 66 20 74 68 65 20 79 6f 75 6e 67 2d 69 6e 73 20

1 minute ago, tacosmell said:

'They didnt even cheat tho" I think DDoSing to get an advantage on cap is the highest level of cheating since the man ISNT EVEN ON THE SERVER ANYMORE

lmao it isn't to get an advantage on cap bro it's revenge for losing or for getting annoyed. In GW I think it is cheating but the people who ddos tend to already be banned.

I was in Serenity, trust me on this one Taco

• Like 1
Just now, tacosmell said:

So you are saying it is okay to DDoS someone because you lost a fight? @Ski Mask The Tap God

Where did I say it's ok, Sherlock? I said that's why it happens most of the time.

1 minute ago, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

Where did I say it's ok, Sherlock? I said that's why it happens most of the time.

I mean you are defending someone who is banned for DDoSing someone bc they lost a fight though. No? 

52 minutes ago, tacosmell said:

That will never happen. Lets unban someone who breaches TOS for their ISP and illegally DDoSes bc they want an advantage at a cartel. Yeah.. No

Well... Hi

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tacosmell said:

For some reason i feel like you were at a much lower tier compared to people who had several players IP's logged in a booter lol

Yes. But many ddosers still plague the server and they only caught 1 half of the problem. I feel they deserve another chance

Just now, Silton said:

Yes. But many ddosers still plague the server and they only caught 1 half of the problem. I feel they deserve another chance

I feel you. It is really up to the admins. I feel like they should unban the scriptors, exploiters, etc. and see how it goes. If it goes smoothly then they can unban the DDoSers. Just an idea.

5 hours ago, SPBojo said:

When it comes to Federal Events, trust me, were well aware and working on it, we got the boys strapped and ready.
Image result for nerf gun

can confirm plus Tree AA is online and ready

@Peter Long @Dante 15 minute red zone checks

5 hours ago, tacosmell said:

With the recent efforts of Asylum doing an "unbanathon" many people in the community have said cartels are completely dead. I myself haven't experienced this, but many people have complained about this matter recently. Obviously, Olympus is not all about cartels, but it is not a secret that it plays a big role in our servers and the player base as a whole. The only reason so many people are going to asylum is for fights and to play with their friends who are banned here on Olympus. It is certain that if we were to do the same "unbanathon" we would have very high pop from a cartel aspect. I have 2 propositions for the Olympus community that in my opinion will "bring back gang life". 

1. Take it upon yourself and split up from the gang you are in that has over 20 members who all fight cartels and complain there are no fights. 

2. Do the "unbanathon" here on olympus but not EVERYONE (hackers and DDoSers obviously). Only unban people banned for exploiting,scripting,lag-switch etc. I know this is a very iffy thing to do but if we issue the unban for these people, you make it clear that if they get banned for the same thing (scripting, exploiting, etc.) then they are going to be instantly removed from the community no questions asked.

I agree with you mostly.

Your first point about splitting gangs however, although I agree with it is a lot harder to do as people will often quit the server and cry that the admins are nazi's if they are being told they cannot play with friends. Imagine your in a gang with your friends and your one of the 6 in your gang told you can no longer play with friends.

I do believe that an 'unbanathon' would be beneficial and frankly, based on the facts ( GTA mass unban helped revive the server, Asylum mass unban revived the server ) it works very well when servers become dead. Especially because ARMAs no longer popular and there aren't many new players replenishing the player base o servers. Therefore servers rely on old players to return.

Another thing is, if the bigger 'farming' gangs became more cartel active, i'm sure the server would seem a lot more alive. People may think I have a grudge against Tree but I believe strongly if gangs as big and as active as Tree came to caps more often the server would seem a lot more lively.

Finally, to finish off. This server is completely known for its cartels and there is no denying it, this is the reason the server did so well against servers like GTA and Reborn. I do not at all think that this is a bad thing and believe that Olympus should embrace it as much as possible, ARMA 3 is a combat oriented game and despite retarded mechanics has some pretty amazing mechanics as well. Helping the fighting aspect to be so much fun.

Feel free to quote me on anything, these are just my opinions.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Messy said:

01001000 01100101 01111001 00100000 01101011 01101001 01100100 01100100 01101111 01110011 00101110 00100000 01001001 01101110 01110100 01100101 01110010 01100101 01110011 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01100110 01101111 01110010 01110101 01101101 00100000 01110111 01100101 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100111 01101111 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01101110 00101110 00101110 00100000

Guys ban him he’s scripting 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Mustache said:

This man wants to see MORE pull downs lol

You have no idea how many people use pull downs lmfao, I never have and never will but to keep people banned from servers without a chance to come back for pull downs is ludicrous considering how many people use them.

ik these replies are 'late' but i want in on this post, these are my opinions unless said otherwise and don't INTEND to be toxic so be warned. these replies aren't necessarily directed to person's comment but more so used to start a point.

6 hours ago, bigSMOKE said:

People fighting cartels now didn’t fight when fighting was at its prime, they just roach then tase you on warzone, actually the gayest shit, fights used to be legit but now it’s all about something stupid happening to ruin it. 

yes and no

what cartels are like atm are evolving for the better. From fighting day to night for the past couple weeks I can say, AS A FACT, that cartels are becoming less roachy and less toxic. The gang i include are PLAGUE, mL, Ambition and enemy. mL are making an effort to become less toxic and over all are making cartel fighting more fun by talking less shit and not roaching as much. The worst times i've had is when a bunch of sketchy old prime rats (ik im gonna receive hate but im not talking about ogs, im talking about the lesser known prime players) hopped on, sat roach rocks and began to somehow hit every shot beyond 800m. As for tasing, i havent seen anyone camp warzone with tasers in the past couple weeks. I agree that rats are gonna be rats and try to ruin, in this case, fights as much as possible and part of this is caused my ddosers, etc. People who use PULLDOWNS are not the problem.

6 hours ago, Toasty said:

The thing about Olympus is... there has always been fights. Its the community that convinces themselves that the server is dead. If you want to fight its simple, get your gang on, get on cap, spam ETA. People WILL come. If not, go kill all the retards doing runs instead of fighting, or switch servers. Asylum has convinced some people from our player base that there will be fights on their server, however there is absolutely nothing stopping you from getting on cap and fighting in Olympus right now. Hell Im fighting as I type this. If Asylums player base is going to be built on the rats who will switch server communities for the "promise" of a fight, it surely wont last. Unbanning people who were banned under reasonable conditions will not solve the problem. 

I agree that people who break the rules should be respectably banned but i dont agree with the same punishment. The perms are in the same ballpark in the sense that the people banned used a third party but for people like @ApacheWarrior shouldn't receive the same treatment that people who ddos are. Most people that got permed for JUST pulldowns try to get unpermed asap and this is because they, in a way, genuinely care about olympus. I could go into the psychology of why people use pulldowns for hours but to make a shit post short, people use pulldowns to essentially 'become or be known as good'. All this to say that those people who use/get permed for pulldowns don't use pulldowns because they want to corrupt/cause harm to the server. However, people who ddos/silent aim/lag switch do this TO corrupt/cause harm to the server and the players they are attacking, they do this knowing very well that they will get permed and don't genuinely care about the server. These are the people who should be permed and stay permed because at the end of the day the don't REALLY care if they get unpermed or not.

6 hours ago, MAV said:

sorry to say this... but y'all in [ - ] asked for it... you continue to taunt a faction (and a specific high level group of that faction) you get what you get.. take that as a lesson in life... you kick the bear enough, he's eventually going to wake up...

As for the history with [ - ] and sapd, excluding all the retards that chat smack, was simply a game of sapd getting triggered and [ - ] enjoying themselves as a result. 99% of the time we would be loafing around Zaros and apd would either raid rebel or check cocaine pro, it isn't rocket science to figure out that this would be a perfect opportunity to get free sapd gear. [ - ]'s chat smacking came from sapd being triggered and shit talking as a result from having their gear robbed of them, even tho its dirt cheap and you respawn with it. The whole need of sapd shit talking in situations that was in their favour from the start or better yet when [ - ](civilians) pull away with a victory is completely preposterous and is a direct result of the strong two sided battle between civilian and APD. 

Edited by bdj
  • Like 2
  • Downvote 1
2 minutes ago, Reformed Community Member said:

You have no idea how many people use pull downs lmfao, I never have and never will but to keep people banned from servers without a chance to come back for pull downs is ludicrous considering how many people use them.

This man isn't lying. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ski Mask The Tap God said:

who am I defending?

1 hour ago, tacosmell said:

I mean you are defending someone who is banned for DDoSing someone bc they lost a fight though. No? 

So I'm right?

7 hours ago, Pledge said:

Problem with this is that a lot of the big names are banned for serious shit, like DDOSing Olympus. Do we really want to go back to everyone getting hit off when they push cap?

If sapd stay out of warzone then ddos wouldnt be so big